• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I have no patience for this BS

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi.

Tested the very first minutes of the game, nice so far .. everything is fine.

Then the BS. Huge quest chokepoint where everybody just get stopped and roam around for an hour killing little soldiers, then more soldiers and others, then even more of these guys etc .. just no. Oh, of couse, if you're a melee class, just go F yourself.

If you encounter this type of joke in a mmo after a few minutes, this is shit.

Is this what all the hype led to ? A quest chokepoint after 15 minutes ? This is ArcheAge launch three times worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with you, i have been stuck in this same area absolutely swarming with players that are killing the mobs so damn fast i can't even get one. Moving away to other areas just has the same results. Too many freeloaders ruining paid experiences.

Posted

I completed all the quest up to Velia with valkyrie (melee with low mobilty) easily. Maybe it took me a bit longer than in the russian server, but only like 1-2 minutes more...

Posted

I just skipped those quests and moved on. The areas after that were pretty empty.

Posted

Guys, its just a beta XD........... and it will happen at launch too, but doesent that happen with all games? at least the developers are trying to prevent this with the early start preorder packages

I'm a gullible idiot for putting money into a game that i like? Sure kid, away you go. And if you haven't preordered then you are a freeloader.

and don't get so angry bro, its a beta, wait a few hours and it will be gone.... you realy should have expected this anyway....

Posted

I'm a gullible idiot for putting money into a game that i like? Sure kid, away you go. And if you haven't preordered then you are a freeloader.

Have fun sinking in this boat, this is a Tortanic clone.

Posted

That escalated quickly. Thank god this is a VIP exclusive release! Oh wait...

Posted

Hi.

Then the BS. Huge quest chokepoint where everybody just get stopped and roam around for an hour killing little soldiers, then more soldiers and others, then even more of these guys etc .. just no. Oh, of couse, if you're a melee class, just go F yourself.

Is this what all the hype led to ? A quest chokepoint after 15 minutes ? This is ArcheAge launch three times worse.

Easy Francis. This is not a game launch, this is Beta testing. Beta testing is when you analyze the game and voice what you would like changed or fixed. Beta testing is not when you incessantly whine and complain and call it sh*t. 

Posted

What's wrong? This is what carebears do all day grind and cry about something new.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Easy Francis. This is not a game launch, this is Beta testing. Beta testing is when you analyze the game and voice what you would like changed or fixed. Beta testing is not when you incessantly whine and complain and call it sh*t. 

Oh, right, when is the game released ? OH WAI-

-----ing retard.

Edited by Road

Posted

Oh, right, when is the game released ? OH WAI-

-----ing retard.

Look at little ----- boy throwing a tantrum.

QQ more bb. Your misery is my pleasure.

Posted

Kill other stuff?

Do quests even give XP in this game?

They're not at all necessary to progress

Posted (edited)

I agree that it's a problem, but I can't see why the devs would bother fixing it since the problem will disappear after the first week or so. If it really bothers you, make your character and afk fish until the crowd clears out.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about on release day. No one cares that your quests are hard to do during a crowded beta test.

Edited by Naturallog

Posted

What's funny is most people don't realize these same mobs are in another part of the map. Shhh don't tell them

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't it true that the quests don't really assist in player exp after a certain point, but rather give energy and contribution exp? If so, would it matter if players were massing on a few areas where there are so many more to choose from? Or am I missing something?

Posted (edited)

Every MMO has a choke point or two at launch. Hence the reason why most games launch with 50 gajillion servers and eventually merge them. Another failed concept with megaservers.

Gaming companies will never learn the value of a smooth launch. 

Edited by Stabby

Posted

Gaming companies will never learn the value of a smooth launch. 

There is none. Well, very little anyway. A month down the road no one really cares about the servers being unstable for a week, or all the quest mobs being camped. The people that quit because of issues at launch weren't going to stick around anyway.

I mean it sucks for the consumers, but there is really not much financial incentive for MMO devs or publishers to invest in a smooth launch day. Any advantage gained is negligible after a couple months.

1 person likes this

Posted

It will be worse on release. 50x worse.

Hope you pre ordered the conquers pack, if not well have fun.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, uhm, we find this out with my friend when we were playing yesterday: the mobs you have to kill in quests do not spawn ONLY in the areas shown on the map. While we were on the quest of killing goblins I just wandered around the world instead and found like 100 goblins we were suppose to kill in their other outpost. No quests lead you there, you just gotta find it.

This game is about exploration and many times its just better to go the opposite direction which may even lead to much quicker quest completion :P . You know that quest where you gotta kill Steel Goblins? Well, everyone was farming around the indicated areas on the minimap, but if you swim across the river nearby, theres dozens of them but the area isnt marked. Just explore while playing, trust me, it will lead into more faster-paced progression and the you will totally complete the quests along the way :P .

Edited by OndikusMaximus

Posted

Hi.

Well while you got in right away i was plagued with errors and unable to play for hours and the most amazing thing happened, when i got in it was crowded but as a Warrior was able to complete them all in a very timely manner. It's almost like you got in right when it dropped along with a huge group of people. All having to start at the same time and being stuck on the same mob killing quests,,, Seriously? This will be a problem for like half a day on release tops. There really is no reason you should be this upset about this, i was expecting it but couldn't connect...

Posted

I see a lot of posts here saying he needs to calm down its only beta. This is the last beta before release and as someone who has played MMO's since the late 90's I can say that when the majority of new players come to the area with the Imps (yes we all know that place) and have to spend hours trying to kill a few mobs  due to the sheer amount of new players in the same area, it will put them off for life.

Developers have basically 2 to 5 hours of play with a new player to keep them interested and invested in a mmo in western markets. Fail at that and the game will decline with poor reviews from the media and players alike stating the obvious elephant in the room. There are not enough mobs for everyone to go around. and no one will group up to help ease the situation either.

To solve this issue the developers either need to increase the amount of channels, servers or make an instanced dungeon where the imps spawn.

I will guarantee what the first few posts will be about when the game is officially released and all of them will be based around the Imps and Goblins along with the lines of "quitting this pos game" Or in similar tones. 

Personally I like the game even with this glaring fault, going back to guild wars and housing right off the bat, this is a serious toss up between ESO or Black Desert for me and I am still undecided as ESO is also going to have housing soon. Love the trade route idea as well as I have not seen this in any other game, even though I am still not sure how to set up a route yet.

Posted

I see a lot of posts here saying he needs to calm down its only beta. This is the last beta before release and as someone who has played MMO's since the late 90's I can say that when the majority of new players come to the area with the Imps (yes we all know that place) and have to spend hours trying to kill a few mobs  due to the sheer amount of new players in the same area, it will put them off for life.

Developers have basically 2 to 5 hours of play with a new player to keep them interested and invested in a mmo in western markets. Fail at that and the game will decline with poor reviews from the media and players alike stating the obvious elephant in the room. There are not enough mobs for everyone to go around. and no one will group up to help ease the situation either.

To solve this issue the developers either need to increase the amount of channels, servers or make an instanced dungeon where the imps spawn.

I will guarantee what the first few posts will be about when the game is officially released and all of them will be based around the Imps and Goblins along with the lines of "quitting this pos game" Or in similar tones. 

Personally I like the game even with this glaring fault, going back to guild wars and housing right off the bat, this is a serious toss up between ESO or Black Desert for me and I am still undecided as ESO is also going to have housing soon. Love the trade route idea as well as I have not seen this in any other game, even though I am still not sure how to set up a route yet.

I'm sure they've realized all this already, but they have to deal with several challenges of their own. They can't simply add instances or even spawns so close to release. What if the addition of the code causes some irregularities in the client? As for extra channels, they would most likely require more hardware to do so, but they can hardly justify paying a lump amount for those for just a couple days.

It's sadly a bump in the road we'll have to live with for a little while, then it won't matter anymore.

Posted

Guys, it's the beta. The servers are flooded. After a while, people will filter out progressing to different areas. That's just how games, especially betas, are at release.

Posted

It took me 2 hours to kill those Imps. Normally takes less than 5 mins on KR server :D

Nice to see a full server tho :) and that they can handle the numbers of players.

Posted

Guys Guys! There are TONS of imps just few steps to the north you know? Behind the river. 

1 person likes this