• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I have no patience for this BS

67 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess not everyone immediately wandered off. Weird, y'know I found the map limits before I even did the imp quests.

Posted

Hi.

Tested the very first minutes of the game, nice so far .. everything is fine.

Then the BS. Huge quest chokepoint where everybody just get stopped and roam around for an hour killing little soldiers, then more soldiers and others, then even more of these guys etc .. just no. Oh, of couse, if you're a melee class, just go F yourself.

If you encounter this type of joke in a mmo after a few minutes, this is shit.

Is this what all the hype led to ? A quest chokepoint after 15 minutes ? This is ArcheAge launch three times worse.

Well lets review... three levels of Pre-order. Spread over 4 days. The Beta is where at peak time every single person is on. The CBT2 is as much a server stress test as anything. 

Each server has up to 10 channels which you can flip through if the one you are on is way too crowded (last night they were all crowded. Tonight will likely be the same. 

Most of the people with a Head start seem to be on the 4 day head start.. That is a large percentage a big percentage of the Beta. Will it be bad? yes will it be stress test bad? I suspect not.. and if it is.. not a big deal.. no different than WoW or SWTOR were at Launches. It's not a big deal... once you get to in a little further people like me are going to be trading, other will be fishing, other still will be speed questing... it will even out fairly quickly.. 

Posted

You have a HUGELY anticipated game like BDO offering Beta to anyone able to get their hands on a Key, either by Pre-ordering or getting lucky during giveaways during a Stream. Things like this where bound to happen, any Quest that revolves around either Killing X or Gathering X is going to be overloaded by players, especially during a Beta, and in the early phases when this game Launches next month.

Hurdles like these are just that, hurdles, once you get over them, it's smooth sailing.

Posted

that moment, when you realize... you can go to other locations if you roam a little bit, litterally, a little bit and wow there soo many mobs without anyone else here

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi. I see this is the first MMORPG that you have ever played.

Stop crying.

Posted

Guys Guys! There are TONS of imps just few steps to the north you know? Behind the river. 

Of cause they  do not  know itxD  

Posted

Mobs with Dead AI, that give no challenge, and Black spirits quests that keeps getting bugged, and wont complete is what is going on.

If you fall into this problem forfeit the quest and try again, and have some patience, or I think you can move channel.

Posted

I went to explore the other area to find the mobs when there were many players. There are ton of them out there. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, as others have said; explore. Don't sit in the yellow circles on your minimap, one minute down the road across the river are thousands of Imps and no players

Posted

FYI: 1- quests are optional. You level by killing mobs, so go kill different mobs. 2- there are other ways to progress your character instead of leveling, such as life skills, taming horses, and building amity with vendors. If you get tired of killing shit, go try some of the other things the game has to offer.

Posted

Hi.

Then the BS. Huge quest chokepoint where everybody just get stopped and roam around for an hour killing little soldiers, then more soldiers and others, then even more of these guys etc .. just no. Oh, of couse, if you're a melee class, just go F yourself.

Is this what all the hype led to ? A quest chokepoint after 15 minutes ? This is ArcheAge launch three times worse.

It's a "tutorial" area! This is what happens when there are a lot of players. Wtf do you want? 10 different starting areas? 

Posted

People who think all there is to some game is killing mobs 9_9

Posted (edited)

Funny to see the damage control here. (yes i still have my forum account !)

Let's make a list here ..

1) Game will be released in a few days ONLY. There's a limit between being an idiot and brain damaged .. and i mean bullet in the head, actually. And that's when anyone on this forum says "BUT ITS A BETA". Right. You can call it an alpha, an omega, .. the game will be released in that exact state with people screaming about the same problems for months on Youtube and whatnot .. it will not be fixed, it will be released as it is, you will encounter several chokepoints in PVE and face impossibly long PVP with cash shop potions of instant revives.

2) You "pay to play" the game. Sure, ok. 30 € you start after the rest because why the F would we respect you, you poor cuckhold. 50€ heeh not as bad as these 30€ peasants so you start before them but you're still a low class nobody. Okay 100€ now we're talking (and we're talking about 100€ for a f*cking game, remember ?), now we have some respect for you. But you'll still go to the cash shop, we need to milk you DRY.

This part annoys me a bit. I don't throw 100€ UPFRONT for a game. Especially when they all remind me that i can get a refund unless i actually play it. Jesus, you poor idiots.

3) Ah yeah the cash shop. In a pay to play game. Woah. And you as*holes will defend this, ain't that cute. You have these guys' balls deep in your brown star and you'll just say it's premium as*f*cking and i'm the one to be pitied because i can't afford a proper violent r*pe. Well how about you elitists c*nts realize having a job serving fries isn't being rich and paying 100€ for a game doesn't make you right ? I can afford this, i'm just not that much of an idiot and can see the future 3-400€ you will EASILY burn away in this game and regret it so damn much.

4) Oh yeah, elitism .. how about releasing a game, ask the same thing for everyone and give the same condition .. oh who am i kidding, if a 250€ pack offered you to start 12 hours before all the others 3, a few useless junk items and a bikini costume, you'd buy it.

So yeah, i don't see as much abuse as in Archeage but i will say this.

YOU'LL SH*T YOUR PANTS WHEN THEY'LL JUST CHANGE IT P2W MODE. THEY WILL. MILEAGE ITEMS BACK IN THE CS.

Edited by Road

Posted

Okay 100€ now we're talking (and we're talking about 100€ for a f*cking game, remember ?), now we have some respect for you. But you'll still go to the cash shop, we need to milk you DRY.

This part annoys me a bit. I don't throw 100€ UPFRONT for a game. Especially when they all remind me that i can get a refund unless i actually play it. Jesus, you poor idiots.

You do know some people in the Western world have been playing this with a VPN right? Those people may now be wanting to play in their own territory and maybe be paying that 100€ upfront because they HAVE played the game. Also that package gets you 25€ worth of pearls, so really they're spending 75€ on a game, with 25€ up front on the in-game currency.

Posted

i got in as a warrior about 15 minutes after the CBT2 started, got past imp section by myself after 15 minutes.  Stop being a puss and go out and kill.

Posted

i got in as a warrior about 15 minutes after the CBT2 started, got past imp section by myself after 15 minutes.  Stop being a puss and go out and go out and kill.

Yeah I joined in the beta about 8 hours after start and met this as soon as I could see other players. Went my own way and cleared all the Imp quests easily.BPc9DU0.jpg 

Posted

i would like to point out also as a beta they said they would be doing stress test which explains a lot of ppl in the same area killing the same things as for me ill wait a couple days after release to let the zerg fest pass then take my time and play knowing the main rush or bulk of players are already out of the areas i need to go to..

Posted (edited)

Yeah I joined in the beta about 8 hours after start and met this as soon as I could see other players. Went my own way and cleared all the Imp quests easily.BPc9DU0.jpg 

Yea I said Oh shit at the scare crows.  But after that it was a game of tag.  Just one slap and watch everyone else get the kill for you.

Edited by QCP
1 person likes this

Posted

i would like to point out also as a beta they said they would be doing stress test which explains a lot of ppl in the same area killing the same things as for me ill wait a couple days after release to let the zerg fest pass then take my time and play knowing the main rush or bulk of players are already out of the areas i need to go to..

Yeah to be honest if you go back to the start location now the number of players has gone down a lot!

Posted

Couple things:

Starting quests are not limited to the yellow circles on your map. For example, the imps actually span out quite far. Go towards the Western gateway...you'll find a huge patch people don't realize is there. Same problem on all channels and same people complain about it, not realizing there was more mob areas if they just ventured out. The bottlenecks are temporary.

This is beta, as others have stated. It's a stress test. Your progress means nothing here. So why not....try different things? Just a thought.

Posted

Seriously did you even see the number of preiorders and extra beta keys handed out?

Of course it gets way too crowded for the few mobs.It is always like this at start of CBT or launch. Everybody hates it, yet everyone wants to start playing asap...

Posted

If you're on about the Imp quests, took me 30 minutes to complete one sub-quests out the five and it got so bad the Admins started spawning in a load of Imps help everyone out. That was only on the first day, it calmed down after one day and it's fine now.

Posted

Hi.

dont just stand in the yellow circles, u can go beyond them n find the mobs. yes the yellow circle spots r filled cuz ppl arnt used at going outside their comfort zone and explore :P

Posted (edited)

FYI: 1- quests are optional.

They are optional but it's a bad advice to skip them,

Because later it makes players gimp around with missing energy and contribution and not everyone is happy to roam through all the old stuff.
Same for Mob ratings when grinding, you want max loot and quests for grinding efficiency. So you better reset your rating when it sucks before you continue
grinding this type of mob.

Edited by Bromagor

Posted

They are optional but it's a bad advice to skip them,
Because later it makes players gimp around with missing energy and contribution and not everyone is happy to roam through all the old stuff.
Same for Mob ratings when grinding, you want max loot and quests for grinding efficiency. So you better reset your rating when it sucks before you continue
grinding this type of mob.

True, but I think my point still stands that you can do other things in the meantime. Alchemy, cooking, fishing, amity, trade packs etc