• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PVE server

526 posts in this topic

Posted

Would it be possible to have a PVE server?

I love the graphics of black desert, but I am a carebear PVE person who hates all pvp.

Please help me!

25 people like this

Posted

There are countless topics about this.

There will not be separate PvE and PvP Servers.

13 people like this

Posted

This is accurate information. :)

2 people like this

Posted

Also as has been mentioned, there's not even nearly enough PvE to support this, anyway. Pure PvE players would get bored rather quickly.

Posted

Blade and Soul might be more up your alley. Graphics are not everything, and this game doesn't cater solely towards PvE players.

Posted

We all know you hate PvE / PvP servers, but where exactly have they explicitly said there wouldn't be? Because last I checked, they said they were exploring the options for them.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If they would create a PvE Server it would be a rip off. Since they have no endgame PvE content till now. So the PvE server would be always extrem low populated even if they add the PvE engame content later.

And for the people then to start new on an other server wont be happening.

Edited by Kyle Ragnador

Posted

no they should not. PvE is meant for being a competitive part of the game, not a grindfest

Posted

I would love a grindfest. ^^

5 people like this

Posted

I would love a grindfest. ^^

Good, because that's what BDO's PvE is like.

Posted

We all know you hate PvE / PvP servers, but where exactly have they explicitly said there wouldn't be? Because last I checked, they said they were exploring the options for them.

It's hard to remember, I don't exactly bookmark every time I see some information, so you'd have to look for yourself, but I can assure you that they have said that there will be no PvE/PvP separate servers. Aside from that, I've been hearing rumors about how they're going to add raids, but I'm not sure as to whether it's true. Raids would be a pretty cool thing, honestly, the only few things to make this game god are- What people have been suggesting about trading, what people have been suggesting about PvP, and some REAL PvE content, which I'm sure will come EVENTUALLY. I doubt they're going to waste 4 years doing nothing, over that time I wouldn't doubt that they would have made some real PvE content, which everything would be excited for. DAUM takes suggestions to heart, and that's what's so good about them. xD 

Posted

Will be waiting to see what they implement in terms of the flagging system, open gankfest (aka what they call PVP) will be an overlook for me at least.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's hard to remember, I don't exactly bookmark every time I see some information, so you'd have to look for yourself, but I can assure you that they have said that there will be no PvE/PvP separate servers. Aside from that, I've been hearing rumors about how they're going to add raids, but I'm not sure as to whether it's true. Raids would be a pretty cool thing, honestly, the only few things to make this game god are- What people have been suggesting about trading, what people have been suggesting about PvP, and some REAL PvE content, which I'm sure will come EVENTUALLY. I doubt they're going to waste 4 years doing nothing, over that time I wouldn't doubt that they would have made some real PvE content, which everything would be excited for. DAUM takes suggestions to heart, and that's what's so good about them. xD 

Black Desert might have a PvE ruleset, separate F2P and P2P servers (old)

From last year and I think that's what piqued my interest. Lot can happen in a year so prolly all changed now. Que sera sera...

Edited by Fan Bing Bing
Too many coffees!
1 person likes this

Posted

PvE RP server yes please :)

14 people like this

Posted

To be frank there's a ton of hate on both sides of this arguement. I'm not sure why pvper's are opposed to segregated servers though, my only thought is that they want to gank some pve casuals? There seems to be no other reason to want people who aren't interested in PvP to be around. It won't affect GvGs as they won't participate anyway.

22 people like this

Posted

I hope they don't do pve server or at least if they do they lock the pve from the pvp server when it comes to transfers (there will be later you'll see).

And to b honest i don't think Daum would make a whole new mechanics systems to run a pve server.

Posted

To be frank there's a ton of hate on both sides of this arguement. I'm not sure why pvper's are opposed to segregated servers though, my only thought is that they want to gank some pve casuals? There seems to be no other reason to want people who aren't interested in PvP to be around. It won't affect GvGs as they won't participate anyway.

Because the primary appeal of this game early in its development was open world sandbox PvP MMORPG, with a relatively unrestrictive gank system. This obviously got changed too much and for the worse in other countries.

Posted

I don't ARRPEE but I'd try it if there were a choice. The PVP hate would be strong though because there would be no (care) Bear hunting season on PVP servers. It would be alpha wolves hunting wannabe wolves that suck. No yummy sheep or bears around...:ph34r:

I'm not in the "Hate PvP" camp :)
For me, either way is fine.
I want a PvE server because it will be easier to have more elaborate RP without getting constantly interrupted by PvP players.
And it will be nice to know that on a specific server you can find more RP people and by RP I don't mean "Hey you! A keeel you! Pew pew pew pew pew", but a more elaborate stuff.

4 people like this

Posted

PvE RP server yes please :)

That would be stupid, HOLD ON! Let me explain. Let's assume there's a lore reason to why we fight each other (would be pretty stupid otherwise) as such having a PvE server wouldn't work and if you're into roleplaying I shouldn't have to tell you why.

Posted

That would be stupid, HOLD ON! Let me explain. Let's assume there's a lore reason to why we fight each other (would be pretty stupid otherwise) as such having a PvE server wouldn't work and if you're into roleplaying I shouldn't have to tell you why.

So without players killing each other RP is impossible?

1 person likes this

Posted

So without players killing each other RP is impossible?

No but if there's a lore reason to why we're killing each other taking that part out of the equation would ruin the rp.

Posted

No but if there's a lore reason to why we're killing each other taking that part out of the equation would ruin the rp.

No because you can do that kind of RP on a PvP server, but if you want to have 50 people attending a concert outside of town and you get PvP trolls 24/7 it's kinda impossible to do on a PvP server.

1 person likes this

Posted

No because you can do that kind of RP on a PvP server, but if you want to have 50 people attending a concert outside of town and you get PvP trolls 24/7 it's kinda impossible to do on a PvP server.

Yes... let's forget everything about the "lore" so that we can have a concert o/ such valid reasoning.

Posted

Yes... let's forget everything about the "lore" so that we can have a concert o/ such valid reasoning.

It was just an example to demonstrate things that will not be possible on a PvP server.
I'm sure that with your epic reasoning you will think of similar lore abiding cases lol...

1 person likes this

Posted

It was just an example to demonstrate things that will not be possible on a PvP server.I'm sure that with your epic reasoning you will think of similar lore abiding cases lol...

No I honestly don't care, haven't done enough rp in my life to even consider me an rp'er, If a PvE Rp server is what people want, why not? I think it would be stupid since pvp is well basically endgame at this point, but who the hell am I, right? [If there's no actual lore reason to why we mindlessly kill each other this game needs better lore.]