• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PVE server

526 posts in this topic

Posted

OMG PLEASE
DAUM implements more churches and prayers before the battles
we should have a prayer for every ennemi killed too
I feel my christan playing style is not being fulfiled.
maybe add a mess hour where players are forced to come to churches everyday too or they get debuff
make some '' pardon '' counter and add sins that turn people away from jesus and such.
you know to fit MY playstyle please recode all the game.
because I am a customer too

Hi Dragneel.

Posted

There's no way this game could ever have a PvE server that would be satiable without a substantial shift in content production.

Well, there's crafting, horse breeding, trading, fishing, and housing in addition to PvE grinding. I feel like Black Desert could lag behind in traditional PvE content and still feel like there's enough to do outside PvP.

Additionally, PvE servers don't mean you can't PvP. They mean you can't attack people who aren't PvPing. It's where you go when you have no interest in being ganked while grinding for a weapon upgrade and no interest in ganking people grinding for their weapon upgrade. As long as there are systems in place to encourage group and solo PvP, people will still PvP on both server types.

As a side note, a PvE server would take some of the emphasis off the karma system that the PvP crowd is so upset about. If there's a whole channel, server, or whatever just for players who don't want to be attacked in open world, then the karma system could be adjusted to be much less of a burden for open world PvPers. Currently the system is the way it is because it's the only thing protecting the more PvE oriented players. Give them somewhere to go and the protection isn't needed.

Posted

Hi Dragneel.

OH MY GOD I know that name biggest troll ever !

Posted

Well, there's crafting, horse breeding, trading, fishing, and housing in addition to PvE grinding. I feel like Black Desert could lag behind in traditional PvE content and still feel like there's enough to do outside PvP.

Additionally, PvE servers don't mean you can't PvP. They mean you can't attack people who aren't PvPing. It's where you go when you have no interest in being ganked while grinding for a weapon upgrade and no interest in ganking people grinding for their weapon upgrade. As long as there are systems in place to encourage group and solo PvP, people will still PvP on both server types.

As a side note, a PvE server would take some of the emphasis off the karma system that the PvP crowd is so upset about. If there's a whole channel, server, or whatever just for players who don't want to be attacked in open world, then the karma system could be adjusted to be much less of a burden for open world PvPers. Currently the system is the way it is because it's the only thing protecting the more PvE oriented players. Give them somewhere to go and the protection isn't needed.

This game lacks the PvE end game content that raiders expect to see when they play a MMO. I don't like any labels that will hint at people towards content that simply isn't there. I already can see the outcries when people choose a PvE server and get to "end game", then realize there's very little PvE content and come to the forums to complain about it. There is nothing close to the amount of raids, trials, and dungeons that people will come to expect out of their "typical" MMO to justify labeling a server as "PvE" to me when the vast majority of end game activities they'll be doing is still PvP. To me what you want more is a consensual PvP server, that is at least, less psychologically misleading. In order for a "PvE" server to be justifiable, there would have to be a much larger focus on PvE end game content in the dev cycles, which I currently am not seeing.

1 person likes this

Posted

They are lying. Those "stats" have nothing to do with real state of the game. All you need is to check forums and see how many people are giving suggestions about reviving the game. Or log and check what your friends list look like and the state of TB. Try to queue for less popular BGs as well, which is everything but CS, and I bet you will have a rather long wait if you queue for CS on dps too. 

Yea, don't think I'll chance it again. They got my money the first time. Beta into launch (server burps notwithstanding) was fun for a little while. Not gonna give em another chance to "do" me again. Hah..:/

Posted

OH MY GOD I know that name biggest troll ever !

I was wondering if i would see you on this game you make yourself easy to find. 

Posted

I was wondering if i would see you on this game you make yourself easy to find. 

I am not Dragneel. I am Sizer slayer from Hexed / Naga stole my bacon / Phoenix Rising / Unstoppable / Relapse . I played 3years.

Posted (edited)

So if I have to say that

(1) I am glad that this topic has survived and is still around because so many people care about it.

and

(2) I am bummed that there is no official developer response to it.

Would it really kill the devs to create a PVE server?  I have not pre-registered and won't until I know it is worth my time.  I have been burned by too many MMOs.  Seriously devs, you are not losing any players,  I will NEVER be a player unless you implement this.  But if you do, I will play your game.  Is this really so hard a concept to understand?

Edited by Moon Goddess
1 person likes this

Posted

So if I have to say that

(1) I am glad that this topic has survived and is still around because so many people care about it.

and

Would it really kill the devs to create a PVE server?  I have not pre-registered and won't until I know it is worth my time.  I have been burned by too many MMOs.  Seriously devs, you are not losing any players,  I will NEVER be a player unless you implement this.  But if you do, I will play your game.  Is this really so hard a concept to understand?

I'm sure they gonna base their decisions on your preferences

Posted

I'm sure they gonna base their decisions on your preferences

Based on the number of responses, it's a preference quite a number of players share.

I don't get why there is any resistance to this idea in the first place. If you don't want to play on a PvE server, this doesn't affect you. A bunch of "carebears" you can't interact with do not impact your enjoyment of the game in any way. Unless it just drives you crazy that there are people playing BDO that you can't kill. Is that it? Other people enjoying the game in their own way is too much for some people to handle?

2 people like this

Posted

Terrible idea for the design of this game. Non consensual pvp is not a big deal even if you're the most rainbow sharting carebear of all time. Even if someone kills you, you don't lose anything and they're screwing themselves with karma. It's like someone hitting your fist with their face teach you a lesson. Just lolz at them, tell them how super l33t they are, then continue farming.

Posted

Based on the number of responses, it's a preference quite a number of players share.

I don't get why there is any resistance to this idea in the first place. If you don't want to play on a PvE server, this doesn't affect you. A bunch of "carebears" you can't interact with do not impact your enjoyment of the game in any way. Unless it just drives you crazy that there are people playing BDO that you can't kill. Is that it? Other people enjoying the game in their own way is too much for some people to handle?

I myself have said multiple times 2 server types are cool. I just dislike way some people talk lol

Posted

PVP should always be nonconsensual. BDO is not a theme park game. If you don't fight for what you want, then you shouldn't get to have it.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Posted

So if I have to say that

and

they have been very mum on the server set up. hopefully we hear something before cbt2 starts. til then just keep checking, and if it turns out to not happen, then you spent wisely! :)

Posted

There should be a few PVE focused servers that allow the player to toggle PVP on and off (restricted time limit though).

2 people like this

Posted

Any word on this?

I have still not paid anything to Black Desert yet.

Posted

they are in soft launch and there is no pve server. sorry. :( 

can play to 44 and then stop leveling? or just keep poking your head in to see if it happens if the population drops, but for all intents and purposes this fight was lost

Posted

Some of the best End game content involves PVP. IF you want to grind all day for gear there are better games out there like diablo 3. Someone here mentioned PVP Servers are empty in games, this a completly false and are actually the most populated. Taking the WoW in to consideration for example all the top end world guilds are on PVP servers and the most populated servers are PVP as well.

Taking PVE players and putting them in seperate servers means there is less cannon fodder for PKers to kill. One of the fun parts of the game is if a group is grinding a spot you can literally take it over by wiping them out. PVErs make the best PVP targets cos they are the ones that whine the most when they get killed. Digital tears are food for pvpers.

Posted

So if I have to say that

and

Byeeeee * Goes to enjoy the game while this guy wishes he could*

I pray to the god of devs that this feature is never implemented.

Posted

For now,it's fun,no over-geared players...but i don't think the game can survive without PVE server/channel.

Lot of PVE players don't want to fight at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Taking PVE players and putting them in seperate servers means there is less cannon fodder for PKers to kill. One of the fun parts of the game is if a group is grinding a spot you can literally take it over by wiping them out. PVErs make the best PVP targets cos they are the ones that whine the most when they get killed. Digital tears are food for pvpers.

Exactly. And this is the best argument for pve channel/server. Why should a pve player be cannon food? Pve players paid to have fun, not to bring fun for people that mix up rpg with ego shooter. 

And that there might be a lack of endgame content must not be a concern of pvp people, because these have their loads of fun on pvp channels, isn't it? Oh, or might it be not so funny if there are no easy targets and pvp players are suddenly last in food chain themselves? 

Posted

I love PvP especially when it involves some form of risk, for instance dropping loot or just all your gear. However in a game like this that is especially gear dependent it's kinda shitty when some geared up player starts to gank lowbie's without a way to counter, having no risk at all losing his shiny gear, so he will come back and keep stomping. It's not like Eve Online where a frigate can easily own a cruiser if you know how to play. Where size doesn't matter but skill does and where lost gear in this case your ships fititng is easy to reclaim.  

A good solution would be to add area's that are guarded by NPC's and higher level area's free PvP zone's. Or just adding the karma system of Lineage II. if you PKed too much there your name would turn red and on death you will drop some gear. This not only added risk for the PK but also a fun way to get back at PK by hunting them. 

Posted

Bring on the PvE servers.

Posted (edited)

I have no idea how well some of these player think an entirely pve server would function. Let's start with this premise, bdo is neither a pve or pvp game, it's entirely based on grinding, you grind silver, you grind exp, you grind bosses. This is very linear and mildly entertaining at best, to spice things up the devs introduced competition which happens to include pvp; no participation awards here fam, you're going to have to learn this on bdo instead of in public schools/society since the "my child/special interest group is da best, very unique snowflake, most special-est" kinda warped a lot of people's mentality.

I'm not saying pve/pvp servers should not exist and that one playerbase is ruining things more for other/all players, but segmenting the playerbase in bdo serves no purpose with the way the game was developed; the main driving force is competition, pvp or otherwise. Complaining about pvp in bdo is exactly like complaining that the white player in chess goes first, or that double word scores exists in scrabble after agreeing to play the game in the first place.   

Edited by July

Posted

Think about this one second...

Make your PvE server and you effectively remove 1/2 the game. What will you do once you reach lvl 50? Keep grinding until you have to kill 5000 world bosses to get 1 level up? The game is designed around pvp end game. Sieges, guild wars, castle wars.

If you are in it for the RolePlay include pvp in it. RolePlay the dangers of going out in a deadly world alone. (Pvp RolePlay servers could work too! With the sieges and wars )

"Where is Lord Kevin?"

"He was killed on his way to the orphanage, thieves too everything, the food the toys...."

"Ohhh those poorkids, WHY did HE HAVE TO GO ALONE?!?!"