• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PVE server

526 posts in this topic

Posted

OMG PLEASE
DAUM implements more churches and prayers before the battles
we should have a prayer for every ennemi killed too
I feel my christan playing style is not being fulfiled.
maybe add a mess hour where players are forced to come to churches everyday too or they get debuff
make some '' pardon '' counter and add sins that turn people away from jesus and such.
you know to fit MY playstyle please recode all the game.
because I am a customer too

Posted

Of course the game works just fine for those who don't care about PvP, they can also ignore half of the game's features alone too. They can also not play if you're going to throw that statement around. Who cares about anything?

Anyways...
I never said anything about it being game breaking where did I say that? 
o.O

If they refuse to participate in PvP then don't PvP, as some have said if you just get pk'ed the other person should suffer a larger karma loss because the defender didn't retaliate.This isn't about PKing, and if it is then that's just 1 isolated issue. How will you deal with this feature in GvG in Siege Wars and in Castle Wars? 

Is it even worth the to time to make a senseless feature? You say it like the programmers have no problem just implementing a boolean of true or false without any consideration of every other aspect they've made in and on the game.

That also sounds like a lot of work for a whole lot of nothing when they could be putting their time elsewhere.

Or the other way around, say this "toggle" is implemented, now there's this fool ks'ing the load out of you and you have no option at all because they have their PvP eternally toggled off and will haunt you for your days online, how is this not worse?

And like I've said I don't think you guys really thought this out. I could  literally throw one question out there which I have in the past in these forums and no one seems to come up with any good answer without overhauling the entire game for PvE-servers only. If you can't think of it then you haven't even touched BDO.

If you have a toggle why would you even need a 20% running/hiding from PvP, I assume that's what you're referring to. That's nonsensical and just a dumb player that didn't know they had their PvP turned off, should this be such a thing. You wouldn't need to hide if you have a "danger off" button. Also you really pissed someone else off that hard that they needed to resort to PKing you? Maybe you deserve it then. I assume the game has systems to prevent rampant PKing to begin with. If you're going to ragequit just because someone killed you once or twice one day that is completely absurd for this feature to be even considered.

And in what way are the PvP players using the PvE players for wealth accumulation? AFAIK PK'ing or OwPvPing in general doesn't award you with merits or rewards in BDO. Either back that statement up or drop it completely because even as a PvE-er I find that stupid, if anything I'm always the one supplying PvPers, not them taking stuff from me. There's a fine difference there, if you can't discern it go away.

Woah, calm down. Did you imagine me with a frowny face waving a finger at you or something? Hah. Also,  Glyndwr made the point about wealth accumulation not I.  

ANYWAY...imagine me with a calm, friendly face now. 

1. YOU said, "...I know this game doesn't work without PvP nor the toggle function you're suggesting..." 

I remember that in GW1, some people wouldn't leave the beginner area of the game with certain characters just to be able to "socialize" with friends. I didn't get it but that's ok, to each their own. It may not have "worked" for me in that game but in this one it might. Hmm. stop leveling at 29 with one character and be a social butterfly in a beautiful world like this? Sure, why not. After a long day at school/work, it might be fun.

2. I just needed you to clarify specifically what you meant by "..It would just make things worse." What specific "things" were you talking about and for whom? I wanted to know what to look out for since I haven't played the game. I took you as an authority on the game but if you were just making generalizations based on absolutely no data, then I'm sorry I asked and rescind the question. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

That's not how this game works.

Exactly i was just about to say this. I can honestly say that pve or pvp i dont rly give a fk. i just play if i like the game. I see so many poeple that dont like pvp trying to make this game into a pve pussyfest, guys just  find another game this one aint for you, take the int. There are so many games with strong and enjoyable pve content, for example TERA. I played to game for almost 3 years and i exausted fully both pve and pvp sides of the game, Tera offers pvp and pve independent from each other and there's probably other games that do the same thing, i jsut gave TERA's example because of the graphics and combat style.

Plus most if not all of the complaints trowards the pve aspect of BDO should be made to PA, Daum cant do much about it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Woah, calm down. Did you imagine me with a frowny face waving a finger at you or something? Hah. Also,  Glyndwr made the point about wealth accumulation not I.  

ANYWAY...imagine me with a calm, friendly face now. 

1. YOU said, "...I know this game doesn't work without PvP nor the toggle function you're suggesting..." 

I remember that in GW1, some people wouldn't leave the beginner area of the game with certain characters just to be able to "socialize" with friends. I didn't get it but that's ok, to each their own. It may not have "worked" for me in that game but in this one it might. Hmm. stop leveling at 29 with one character and be a social butterfly in a beautiful world like this? Sure, why not. After a long day at school/work, it might be fun.

2. I just needed you to clarify specifically what you meant by "..It would just make things worse." What specific "things" were you talking about and for whom? I wanted to know what to look out for since I haven't played the game. I took you as an authority on the game but if you were just making generalizations based on absolutely no data, then I'm sorry I asked and rescind the question. :)

Ugh god sorry my bad, so take most of my previous reply with a :S face at his comment filled with frustration for the most part, not yours. my words may sound angry but it is more so passionate and is exclusive to games only, your previous reply had the quote barely distinguishable and I thought it was a little odd you're making a near identical post as Glyndwr. I imagined your previous reply with you having this face btw :| or closer to this :o. Not a frowny waving your finger face hahah.

ANYWAYS....
So the part that is regarding to yours and where you wanted me to clarify where it would make things worse, is one the toggle as mentioned would be

1. problematic with GvG, Siege Wars and the like. If people are so haunted or anxious about this regarding PK that is unfounded, which by a not-far-fetched assumption is what they're all referring to. The feature would only defeat most of the open world hostility when it should be in any open world MMO other wise there's no point to have it open world, make GvG an even larger hindrance and difficult to setup, sieges also more problematic, this is under the assumption this toggle works everywhere btw, because by the details listed by anyone for this feature they all seem to have not considered any of these elements.

2. Trade runs is also problematic not only do NPC bandits attack you when doing them players should be enabled as well, having the "toggle" feature off would completely dictate that you can just make mass autorouted runs from one town to another and just amass mega silver without any kind of challenge or problem. Then you'll have these gold lords inflating everything(even though there's no trade) or just buying everything out eliminating much of the game's content already or just speeding through saying there's nothing to do... well go figure ¬¬

3. Grinding spot griefing, as mentioned earlier you have no other option to deal with someone ks'ing you for a lifetime if they have their PvP permanently toggled off and does not care to share the spot, why would they? In their mindset it's probably "i'm levelling faster than this person and they can't do anything because I have it toggled off permanently lulz" That is the alternative to "pvp" much much worse than someone killing you(and you run back to your spot in maybe what in 2-7 mins?) and getting a mega karma hit if you dont' retaliateAdd gold/silver farming bots to it and that problem will extend further, even if the game is b2p bots/goldsellers can still exist, 1 transaction on the gold seller already makes up for most of their b2p cost.

Other MMO has mentioned previously that has a more basic system but has worked and I have lots of experience with it in the past, when MMOs were still a new thing to the world, has gone for 10years+ is Silkroad Online, there is no toggle there if someone wants to PK you they will just chuck a glaive at your face at their leisure if they want to for any given reason. They'll get an attempted murderer status(purple name for initiating), they succeed in killing you they get murderer status(goes up to level 5, could be changed to have higher or not don't know). This MMO is very much Open World and has similar, SIMILAR, openworld PvP systems as BDO(not entirely sure if that's accurate but that's the feel I'm getting)

To get rid of the status:

Penalties of that is when you're in a safe zone you can't regenerate your HP, you have a low chance of dropping equipment on death depending on level severity. You might think oh I'll just put stuff in my warehouse, NOPE, some of your equipment is locked on you until you lose your murderer status so some NPCs won't even deal with you until then.
You're targetable by all other players while you have the status and they wont' take any consequences from hitting you, you can of course go on a killing spree and retaliate but that would just increase your murderer(PK) level. 
Death by players would reduce a certain # of points, death by monster would reduce a large # of points. You lose a lot more exp from monster deaths and small % of exp from player deaths.
Or you can hope you're in an abandoned area and slay about 500-10000 monsters depending on what murderer level you are to get rid of it(which is usually about 2-12 hours grinding straight undisturbed and 1-4 shotting mobs).

Now tell me, where would this toggle be beneficial given everything in BDO? If you have more cons than pros there is no point to consider such a thing. One con that isn't even game related is wasting developer's time to make appeasement features than content expansion is also horrible. I can list more than those 3 cons up there than benefits with multiple games in an openworld sandbox environment with over 20 players in one given area for such a "simple feature", as some might think. But I'm not going to because I've yet to see some sound reasoning why this should be a thing apart from "I don't want to get PKed" ¬¬ or "I don't want to PvP" <- that isn't a problem already just don't PvP. If it was of anything else then sure I'd consider it.

The only thing I read 99% (random percentage) of the time is "I don't want someone to invade my grinding spot and kill me" mentality which is absurd. I can do much more horrible than having to kill you if one is really that much of a nuisance in my gaming experience with a toggle implemented you can't even kill the troll anymore, like sephiroth trying to induce despair into cloud than killing him.

I don't know why you used GW1 as an example or referred to it. I played that game for a good 5 years title hunting and doing all elite dungeons faction wars and battlegrounds and guild war pvps. The towns are towns, you dont' PvP in towns, and outside is instanced to your party. You either didn't play or are mixing it up with something else.

And for your questions

How do I know that? Read above.

No I don't know all the iterations of BDO out there and shouldn't have to since this is regarding NA/EU specifically, to mix KR and RU business practices and JPN practices into this may as well call for an action to yell for costumes that are exclusive to each region. That's like saying do I know all the recipes in the world to have to know how to make a poached egg. ???

Proposed doesn't mean they put it in. They also proposed the game to be PvP oriented for the most part since the start, should that be included too or omitted? I'd wager on what came first than second. Original ideas and concepts generally make for better quality than being wishywashy and switching from one end to the other being inconsistent and unclear of the direction you're taking anything in.

I also don't know every single possible playstyle out there but if you're thinking BDO is trying to accommodate all of them then this game is already in the shit tank. There's a reason why simple games like Angry Birds have millions of plays, downloads, and spinoffs. One feature try to make it as best as possible, or spread that out 99999 different ways and you'll end up with subpar crap everywhere because I don't know why else you would pose that question.

This post is meant to be read with these following face expressions o.O :S

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

To be frank there's a ton of hate on both sides of this arguement. I'm not sure why pvper's are opposed to segregated servers though, my only thought is that they want to gank some pve casuals? There seems to be no other reason to want people who aren't interested in PvP to be around. It won't affect GvGs as they won't participate anyway.

Thats exactly why they are so aggressive when hating on Pure PVE'ers Its all over these Forums lol, They Dont want a Toggle System, they dont want separate servers... and its all because "But but.. who will we farm?? :( "

2 people like this

Posted

Thats exactly why they are so aggressive when hating on Pure PVE'ers Its all over these Forums lol, They Dont want a Toggle System, they dont want separate servers... and its all because "But but.. who will we farm?? :( "

Posted (edited)

they just want people to be forced to play however they want within their rulesets.  they give a damn about others.    they view pver as a weak easy victim that pose them no challenge therefore, in every mmo they wanted the power to have a punchinbag that don't fight them back assigned to them.

and since they normally tend to be the most loud, the most vocal.  companies thinks that they represent the whole community.  and cater to them to fulfill their most lowest needs.  then the game slowly start turning  into one of the many   niche Asian pvp free to play, pay to win games, people start getting bored and leave in droves and they leave and move to the next upcoming mmo and repeat the whole process. that is how it works over and over.

quite sad if you ask me.      this is the trend that will put the final nail in the coffin of mmo playing altogether.

Edited by Aylindel
3 people like this

Posted

What the PVP players do not understand is that people are different and PVE players should not be used as fodder for their wealth accumulation. 

The solution is consensual toggle that allows players to decide if they want to PVE or PVP... it gets rid of the worry that PVE players have, it makes the game fun for everyone and gives that balance to the game. That PVE players who decide to do PVP can turn their toggle on and whola... everyone is happy. 

I agree, like Rift did long time ago, allowed one to be able to toggle off or on PvP flag and not become PvP flag even big events and hit other faction with ones AoE.

1 person likes this

Posted

cause wow awesome graphics, really need to have my house and my horse.

Skyrim modded do it perfectly.

There is karma system and i think he do the job and content both side (with little tweak of course) just report after CBT your opinion about it ~~

Posted

I agree, like Rift did long time ago, allowed one to be able to toggle off or on PvP flag and not become PvP flag even big events and hit other faction with ones AoE.

This is ideal in my opinion, this is probably the best way to address this issue of PVE and PVP but requires to be enhanced without the need of a PVE server.

I examined multiple posts, looking at both sides and logically think of this.

PVE players would be able to enjoy the game to their liking, be it killing mobs, exploring the vast world, fishing, crafting, building their life in their house, whatever we want to do. The argument is what is there, why do PVE want this because there isnt much to do (in their opinion) and I am going to compare it with Archeage to those who played it.  That is a PVX game, however I crafted, planted, explored, killed, all that since Alpha.  I LOVED every minute of it, though I wished I got to enjoy more of the open ocean.  Maybe it needs to be called something else, RP or builders or something else, but I always considered all this to PVE.  This game has all of this, and is the dream for all that fall under PVE.  Allow us to do this freely, without worrying about PK or the need for Karma.

For PVP, for all those that love it, they deserve it as well. If there is a large crowd, as the same as PVErs are as well, give it to them.  If they want to be PVP, they can assigned their characters as it.  You may say, there is abuse and ability to turn it off... so why not simply disable it for 72/96, hell why not even 128 hours before you can reflag as PVP.  You can attack and kill each other without impunity, but remove Karma.  That is the proposal you want, to kill others without impunity... throw in the chance to drop an item or gold too... that would allow the crowd that want to PVP to PVP and worry only about that.

What does it do?

• Allows both sides to coexist
  • Prevents abuse of the toggle by preventing anyone from retoggling back for 72+ hours (Go ahead and log out, you can't play for quite some time!)
  • Removes the need for complicated Karma, PVP your fellow PVPers without impunity!
  • As far as PVEs, know you cannot PVP (aside from arena or duel) unless you flag up.
  • Even if the argument that PVers would just leave after 3 months, like I have also seen, the PVP rule remains, no need for Karma!  Newcomers come and go
  • More PVE content is also coming, and PVP!

6 people like this

Posted

Ugh god sorry my bad, so take most of my previous reply with a :S face at his comment filled with frustration for the most part, not yours. my words may sound angry but it is more so passionate and is exclusive to games only, your previous reply had the quote barely distinguishable and I thought it was a little odd you're making a near identical post as Glyndwr. I imagined your previous reply with you having this face btw :| or closer to this :o. Not a frowny waving your finger face hahah.

ANYWAYS....So the part that is regarding to yours and where you wanted me to clarify where it would make things worse, is one the toggle as mentioned would be

1. problematic with GvG, Siege Wars and the like. If people are so haunted or anxious about this regarding PK that is unfounded, which by a not-far-fetched assumption is what they're all referring to. The feature would only defeat most of the open world hostility when it should be in any open world MMO other wise there's no point to have it open world, make GvG an even larger hindrance and difficult to setup, sieges also more problematic, this is under the assumption this toggle works everywhere btw, because by the details listed by anyone for this feature they all seem to have not considered any of these elements.

2. Trade runs is also problematic not only do NPC bandits attack you when doing them players should be enabled as well, having the "toggle" feature off would completely dictate that you can just make mass autorouted runs from one town to another and just amass mega silver without any kind of challenge or problem. Then you'll have these gold lords inflating everything(even though there's no trade) or just buying everything out eliminating much of the game's content already or just speeding through saying there's nothing to do... well go figure ¬¬

3. Grinding spot griefing, as mentioned earlier you have no other option to deal with someone ks'ing you for a lifetime if they have their PvP permanently toggled off and does not care to share the spot, why would they? In their mindset it's probably "i'm levelling faster than this person and they can't do anything because I have it toggled off permanently lulz" That is the alternative to "pvp" much much worse than someone killing you(and you run back to your spot in maybe what in 2-7 mins?) and getting a mega karma hit if you dont' retaliateAdd gold/silver farming bots to it and that problem will extend further, even if the game is b2p bots/goldsellers can still exist, 1 transaction on the gold seller already makes up for most of their b2p cost.

Other MMO has mentioned previously that has a more basic system but has worked and I have lots of experience with it in the past, when MMOs were still a new thing to the world, has gone for 10years+ is Silkroad Online, there is no toggle there if someone wants to PK you they will just chuck a glaive at your face at their leisure if they want to for any given reason. They'll get an attempted murderer status(purple name for initiating), they succeed in killing you they get murderer status(goes up to level 5, could be changed to have higher or not don't know). This MMO is very much Open World and has similar, SIMILAR, openworld PvP systems as BDO(not entirely sure if that's accurate but that's the feel I'm getting)

To get rid of the status:

Penalties of that is when you're in a safe zone you can't regenerate your HP, you have a low chance of dropping equipment on death depending on level severity. You might think oh I'll just put stuff in my warehouse, NOPE, some of your equipment is locked on you until you lose your murderer status so some NPCs won't even deal with you until then.
You're targetable by all other players while you have the status and they wont' take any consequences from hitting you, you can of course go on a killing spree and retaliate but that would just increase your murderer(PK) level. 
Death by players would reduce a certain # of points, death by monster would reduce a large # of points. You lose a lot more exp from monster deaths and small % of exp from player deaths.
Or you can hope you're in an abandoned area and slay about 500-10000 monsters depending on what murderer level you are to get rid of it(which is usually about 2-12 hours grinding straight undisturbed and 1-4 shotting mobs).

Now tell me, where would this toggle be beneficial given everything in BDO? If you have more cons than pros there is no point to consider such a thing. One con that isn't even game related is wasting developer's time to make appeasement features than content expansion is also horrible. I can list more than those 3 cons up there than benefits with multiple games in an openworld sandbox environment with over 20 players in one given area for such a "simple feature", as some might think. But I'm not going to because I've yet to see some sound reasoning why this should be a thing apart from "I don't want to get PKed" ¬¬ or "I don't want to PvP" <- that isn't a problem already just don't PvP. If it was of anything else then sure I'd consider it.

The only thing I read 99% (random percentage) of the time is "I don't want someone to invade my grinding spot and kill me" mentality which is absurd. I can do much more horrible than having to kill you if one is really that much of a nuisance in my gaming experience with a toggle implemented you can't even kill the troll anymore, like sephiroth trying to induce despair into cloud than killing him.

I don't know why you used GW1 as an example or referred to it. I played that game for a good 5 years title hunting and doing all elite dungeons faction wars and battlegrounds and guild war pvps. The towns are towns, you dont' PvP in towns, and outside is instanced to your party. You either didn't play or are mixing it up with something else.

And for your questions

How do I know that? Read above.

No I don't know all the iterations of BDO out there and shouldn't have to since this is regarding NA/EU specifically, to mix KR and RU business practices and JPN practices into this may as well call for an action to yell for costumes that are exclusive to each region. That's like saying do I know all the recipes in the world to have to know how to make a poached egg. ???

Proposed doesn't mean they put it in. They also proposed the game to be PvP oriented for the most part since the start, should that be included too or omitted? I'd wager on what came first than second. Original ideas and concepts generally make for better quality than being wishywashy and switching from one end to the other being inconsistent and unclear of the direction you're taking anything in.

I also don't know every single possible playstyle out there but if you're thinking BDO is trying to accommodate all of them then this game is already in the shit tank. There's a reason why simple games like Angry Birds have millions of plays, downloads, and spinoffs. One feature try to make it as best as possible, or spread that out 99999 different ways and you'll end up with subpar crap everywhere because I don't know why else you would pose that question.

This post is meant to be read with these following face expressions o.O :S

Oooooooooooooooookay, hah I think I kinda get it now. Yea, the toggle wouldn't work in those instances you mentioned. Thanks for clarifying. PA may have made an error in judgement by taking a crow bar to the game attempting to fit more PVE elements in trying to please everyone. But in the end, it may not please anyone *sigh* Especially if end game is based around PVP.

Still, there is enough PVE and eye candy to make it interesting for a while and if one gets in a "good" guild and they incorporate a few dungeons and stuff who knows? 

Nice faces btw. :)

Posted

Would it be possible to have a PVE server?

I love the graphics of black desert, but I am a carebear PVE person who hates all pvp.

Please help me!

If your thinking higher level players are gonna kill your noobie butt then don't worry it won't happen. Players are punished very very bad for attacking other players at random. Its just not gonna happen. You will be fine in carebear land. Just don't join a guild that declares war on another and you'll be fine.

Posted

This is ideal in my opinion, this is probably the best way to address this issue of PVE and PVP but requires to be enhanced without the need of a PVE server.

I examined multiple posts, looking at both sides and logically think of this.

PVE players would be able to enjoy the game to their liking, be it killing mobs, exploring the vast world, fishing, crafting, building their life in their house, whatever we want to do. The argument is what is there, why do PVE want this because there isnt much to do (in their opinion) and I am going to compare it with Archeage to those who played it.  That is a PVX game, however I crafted, planted, explored, killed, all that since Alpha.  I LOVED every minute of it, though I wished I got to enjoy more of the open ocean.  Maybe it needs to be called something else, RP or builders or something else, but I always considered all this to PVE.  This game has all of this, and is the dream for all that fall under PVE.  Allow us to do this freely, without worrying about PK or the need for Karma.

For PVP, for all those that love it, they deserve it as well. If there is a large crowd, as the same as PVErs are as well, give it to them.  If they want to be PVP, they can assigned their characters as it.  You may say, there is abuse and ability to turn it off... so why not simply disable it for 72/96, hell why not even 128 hours before you can reflag as PVP.  You can attack and kill each other without impunity, but remove Karma.  That is the proposal you want, to kill others without impunity... throw in the chance to drop an item or gold too... that would allow the crowd that want to PVP to PVP and worry only about that.

What does it do?

• Allows both sides to coexist
  • Prevents abuse of the toggle by preventing anyone from retoggling back for 72+ hours (Go ahead and log out, you can't play for quite some time!)
  • Removes the need for complicated Karma, PVP your fellow PVPers without impunity!
  • As far as PVEs, know you cannot PVP (aside from arena or duel) unless you flag up.
  • Even if the argument that PVers would just leave after 3 months, like I have also seen, the PVP rule remains, no need for Karma!  Newcomers come and go
  • More PVE content is also coming, and PVP!

The removal of Karma entirely is a definite result of a toggle option. I really think the toggle option would help both PvPer's and PvEer's. PvP players want to be able to kill freely without worrying about Karma, tadah toggle option would basically immediately negate the need for the Karma system all together. PvE players don't want to have to worry about being PK'ed or have to kill some random that tries to kill them. They might even still accept duels and participate in arena PvP outside of PvE. Random killing in the open world isn't all there is to PvP.

I don't even see how it would ruin guild faction wars and a system for PvEer's to join in on the wars could be possible.

Someone also talked about delivering goods and not being attacked by bandits or other players as too much of an advantage. First off Bandits=PvE so that would not be removed by the toggle option. Also they could simply allow other players to attack people carrying goods still even with PvP toggled off if that would be an issue.

Any argument I'm seeing against a toggle option seems to be a non issue, an easy fix, or would be worse without the toggle(Ex:That troll that is KS'ing you that you can't simply kill? Yeah wouldn't the troll simply just come try and kill you over and over again? Trolls will be trolls with or without an argument. People KSiing is an awful argument against a toggle option). I definitely think a PvE server would be a bad idea though.

Posted

Oooooooooooooooookay, hah I think I kinda get it now. Yea, the toggle wouldn't work in those instances you mentioned. Thanks for clarifying. PA may have made an error in judgement by taking a crow bar to the game attempting to fit more PVE elements in trying to please everyone. But in the end, it may not please anyone *sigh* Especially if end game is based around PVP.

Still, there is enough PVE and eye candy to make it interesting for a while and if one gets in a "good" guild and they incorporate a few dungeons and stuff who knows? 

Nice faces btw. :)

I'm all for more dungeons and other things because those are "content expansion" things not barring appeasement features. It helps both crowds and doesn't neglect the other.

Posted

Toggle is bad idea like pve serv, this game is design like that, it's an half sandbox mmo, not a classic theme park, the world is made by players, some area will be very dangerous cause PK and other very safe cause bounty hunter. Karma system content both side, stop want to change it, cause it CAN'T CHANGE, we're the 4th release of this game,they can only do thing that they can do on other versions. (but you can talk about karma system tweak)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Toggle is bad idea like pve serv, this game is design like that, it's an half sandbox mmo, not a classic theme park, the world is made by players, some area will be very dangerous cause PK and other very safe cause bounty hunter. Karma system content both side, stop want to change it, cause it CAN'T CHANGE, we're the 4th release of this game,they can only do thing that they can do on other versions. (but you can talk about karma system tweak)

How exactly is it a bad idea though? I agree a PvE server would be a bad idea but not toggle. There are obvious solutions to any negative outcome from implementing a toggle function I can think of. I think it will actually be beneficial to both PvP players(removal of Karma system entirely) and PvE players. I don't see any way a toggle system would affect PvPer's negatively really. This is also assuming there are limits to the toggle as stated previously in the thread(some kind of wait time between switching and possibly certain cases where you are open to be killed). I haven't seen any argument that doesn't fall apart in support of no toggle. "The game was meant to be played this way" is not an argument to me.

I'm fairly certain they can remove the Karma system for our version. They have stated in the past that the different versions of the game will be different from each other to suit the market they are going for. They are talking about making the NA/EU version have a longer level grind or not have a crazy jump at 50 and seem to be a little more worried about PvE for us. Even people who don't want the toggle option seem to still want the Karma system removed or have much less of a penalty. 

Edited by ManaAether

Posted

On a side note , there is no such thing as "griefing" by killing someone , whether it's once , or 100 times.

You chose to play on a game that allows other players to kill you , you consented to this by logging in.

If you don't want to be killed except on your terms , pick another game.

PVP danger makes PVE more fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

On a side note , there is no such thing as "griefing" by killing someone , whether it's once , or 100 times.

You chose to play on a game that allows other players to kill you , you consented to this by logging in.

If you don't want to be killed except on your terms , pick another game.

PVP danger makes PVE more fun.

This is absolutely true with the game in the current state(although I don't think PvP danger makes PvE more fun for a lot of people). Heck I even like PvP myself and I don't particularly like the idea of random people attacking me while I'm busy with PvE.

Here's the thing though... In what way does toggle PvP negatively impact PvP players if done correctly? It doesn't. Actually with a toggle option you could remove the Karma system altogether so open world PvP could be done without penalty(which most PvP players would definitely enjoy). Is it really going to impact PvP players if they just simply can't PvP some players randomly? Wouldn't it also be better to PvP with players who enjoy it and are most likely better at it as well? Even then you could also request a duel as well right?

I honestly fail to see how a toggle option would be anything but positive for even PvP players.

The "pick another game" thing is old and just dumb to say. People are obviously interested in this game for a reason. If it comes out and people don't like the PvE and leave then who cares? There will still be PvP players.

Posted

This is absolutely true with the game in the current state(although I don't think PvP danger makes PvE more fun for a lot of people). Heck I even like PvP myself and I don't particularly like the idea of random people attacking me while I'm busy with PvE.

Here's the thing though... In what way does toggle PvP negatively impact PvP players if done correctly? It doesn't. Actually with a toggle option you could remove the Karma system altogether so open world PvP could be done without penalty(which most PvP players would definitely enjoy). Is it really going to impact PvP players if they just simply can't PvP some players randomly? Wouldn't it also be better to PvP with players who enjoy it and are most likely better at it as well? Even then you could also request a duel as well right?

I honestly fail to see how a toggle option would be anything but positive for even PvP players.

The "pick another game" thing is old and just dumb to say. People are obviously interested in this game for a reason. If it comes out and people don't like the PvE and leave then who cares? There will still be PvP players.

Duels are the last thing I want. I want to know at any time while I'm fighting a mob that I could get ganked , and I want to be able to do the same to an enemy I come across if I so desire.

No flagging , no turning this or that off , no having to accept a duel , no way can you go out and steal kill my mobs without giving me the option to repeatedly kill you etc. A toggle lets you decided when and where you want to PVP. That's not at all enjoyable to me. Constant danger going both ways , with no option to hold up a flag and say "ha you cant kill me". Sorry , but no , that's not what I (or many others want).

Every game shouldn't try and please everyone. I'm not into heavily instanced raiding games , thus I don't pick to play them.

I prefer it as it is here in Black Desert. 

Posted

PVE... No, it's not possible to make  it with BDO mechanic. Just deal with it and fight back, simple. Also, I am pretty sure you will win most of your "PvPs" even if you are playing just for PvE. Just watch out for angry pvpers(the type who attack first and after dead, spaming your chat with billions insults).
Game is made for open pvp world, so I don't see reason why it should be changed~~

Posted

Duels are the last thing I want. I want to know at any time while I'm fighting a mob that I could get ganked , and I want to be able to do the same to an enemy I come across if I so desire.

No flagging , no turning this or that off , no having to accept a duel , no way can you go out and steal kill my mobs without giving me the option to repeatedly kill you etc. A toggle lets you decided when and where you want to PVP. That's not at all enjoyable to me. Constant danger going both ways , with no option to hold up a flag and say "ha you cant kill me". Sorry , but no , that's not what I (or many others want).

Every game shouldn't try and please everyone. I'm not into heavily instanced raiding games , thus I don't pick to play them.

I prefer it as it is here in Black Desert. 

With a toggle you could still get ganked while fighting a mob, just keep it turned on. So that's a moot point there. You could do the same to other people who have it turned on as well, it would just always be someone who wants to and is most likely better. If they don't have it turned on you could request a duel in the worst case scenario if you don't want to do that then just don't. I'm fairly certain majority of people will still keep it turned on so it shouldn't be hard to find people to gank.

This isn't going to be a you can toggle it off or on anytime you like kind of situation. There should be a long waiting time to switch it on and off. Also the situation could be reversed in the example you gave. Say you are trying to fight certain mobs and someone decides to come along and repeatedly kill you. If you say you would just go to a different mob you could still do that with someone trying to KS you. I also like the idea of forced PvP zones such as Valencia. Everyone super into PvP seems to have the attitude that it is PvP or nothing and anything given to PvE players will ruin the game and the PvP and that is not the case.

They seem to care about PvE at least a little bit so I'm fairly certain raiding will be introduced at some point, doesn't mean you have to do it, and no one is saying they want this to become a heavily instanced raiding game.

Again it will not negatively PvP players to include a toggle and will most likely benefit them. Who wants to go PvP people who don't want to PvP all the time? Like seriously, why would you not want to just have people who want to PvP? And also do it freely without penalty? There WILL be people who will not want to PvP always in this game whether people who love PvP like it or not. Even if it is "trying to please everyone" I fail to see how it wouldn't please both PvP players AND PvE players in the long run. Sure some PvP players will be butthurt about it at first until they realize all the problems they thought would come with it didn't happen.

Posted

PVE... No, it's not possible to make  it with BDO mechanic. Just deal with it and fight back, simple. Also, I am pretty sure you will win most of your "PvPs" even if you are playing just for PvE. Just watch out for angry pvpers(the type who attack first and after dead, spaming your chat with billions insults).
Game is made for open pvp world, so I don't see reason why it should be changed~~

How would it not work with BDO mechanics? Or require more than not so major tweaks to the system?

I am actually not worried about getting PK'ed too often since I tend to be competent in PvP in most games at least haha(I've actually been close Pro-tier PvP skill in a couple games but that was not typical of me, I just PvP'ed a LOT in those games). Although I am not so great at melee combo oriented classes...Kiting is my thing.

The reason I think it should be changed is because it will benefit both PvP and PvE players to include a toggle option with some forced PvP zones. Because again...Why would you even want to PvP someone who doesn't want to PvP?

Posted

Sounds to me like the "butthurt" (great term there) people are the ones who aren't getting the toggle they want.

Again,  no dueling,  no toggle safety switch , I'm going to be able to kill you whether you like it or not. Don't want that to happen ? Don't login.

Either way , 

Music to my ears though.

Posted

Sounds to me like the "butthurt" (great term there) people are the ones who aren't getting the toggle they want.

Again,  no dueling,  no toggle safety switch , I'm going to be able to kill you whether you like it or not. Don't want that to happen ? Don't login.

Either way , 

Music to my ears though.

Again, even with a toggle option, you will most likely not have to bother with dueling at all. If you hate dueling then don't accept any requests or request any yourself. There will still be more than enough people with PvP toggled on. The game will most likely not change for you in almost any way besides the removal of the karma system, which I think most people would enjoy because they could even more freely PvP in the open world than before.

Butthurt was the best word I could think of for PvP players getting mad about getting a toggle option when it really will not affect them much if at all. Butthurt really wouldn't describe the people who want a toggle switch as it would be something beneficial to everyone, including PvPer's, and the game as a whole to them.

Posted

How would it not work with BDO mechanics? Or require more than not so major tweaks to the system?

I am actually not worried about getting PK'ed too often since I tend to be competent in PvP in most games at least haha(I've actually been close Pro-tier PvP skill in a couple games but that was not typical of me, I just PvP'ed a LOT in those games). Although I am not so great at melee combo oriented classes...Kiting is my thing.

The reason I think it should be changed is because it will benefit both PvP and PvE players to include a toggle option with some forced PvP zones. Because again...Why would you even want to PvP someone who doesn't want to PvP?

Well.. As I said, Game is made to be a open pvp game. I know, I know, it's not like everyone will like it. I am usually a PvE player, so I am trying to avoid a mass PvP, but when I have to fight someone who is trying to pk me, I fight back. :P With toggle "pvp option"... Might be ok, but ofc. not for everyone. PvP usually bring drama, but oh well...

1 person likes this