• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

POLL: Cash Shop Poll. Lots of discussion, but lack of genuine tally reflecting views.

POLL: Cash Shop Poll. Lots of discussion, but lack of genuine tally reflecting views.   1,842 votes

1. 1. What are you're thoughts on cash shop pricing?(May pick multiple options).

• Prices are fine as is.
    • Needs minor reduction in pricing.
    • Needs major reduction in pricing.
    • Willing to spend MORE money if reduced.
    • Willing to spend LESS money if NOT reduced.
    • Not willing to spend any money until reduced.
    • Not willing to spend any money based on initial sentiment of prices being "theft".
    • "ffefdykhg$!!@3qsbhh5567u&" My reaction to seeing another cash shop thread.
    • Other - Please specify in a reply.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like the prices are too high to even be sustainable. It's unacceptable to be charging 30-something USD per outfit in 2016.

Personally i think most people are just pissed costume sets are more expensive than the game itself. Even if they dropped it to a buck below people would be less inclined to voice their complaints.

This poll makes sense. Thank you.

Hrm, being serious or sarcastic? :)

Posted (edited)

I love collecting all the costumes in games. If they were much cheaper I would be willing to spend a lot more versus feeling ripped off just buying one. That goes for pets also.

Edited by Veolan

Posted

You haven't played many MMO's have you?

You're right. I've only played The Realm, Underlight, Ultima Online, Everquest 1 & 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Guild Wars 1 & 2, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, Final Fantasy XI & XIV, World of Warcraft, Mabinogi, Dofus, Rift, ArcheAge, TERA, DC Universe, Dungeons & Dragons Online, SWTOR, and Blade & Soul over the past 18 years. Or at least those are the ones I can think of offhand that I know I put money down in (excluded ones I didn't spend in).

Hardly enough to formulate an opinion on anything MMO-related.

Posted

The Cashshop is such a rip off! It needs a major reduce in pricing. I wont buy cash before a pricedrop! Why is pixelstuff so expensive? Theres no quantity. Its not that just 1000 of them can be sold and then its over. The quantity is limitless. I really dont get the point spending 32 Euro/Dollar for a stupid costume. If you want to milk the cow like archeage allready did. Well then im out...

Posted (edited)

Red Flags

-No basic colors unless you buy them

-pets are a must, don't have any unless you buy them

-overpriced everything

This game is already set to be F2P. That's not a behaviour of a publisher that want's a stable B2P game. It's obvious milking before it goes F2P.

Edited by Rune_Thor

Posted

As a person who spent 800 USD flat on Aura Kingdom, I'm pretty much fine with the prices, personally. 

Posted

I got about $50 of free cash for the store, and for that $50 (note it will be MUCH higher as i live in australia) and i got 2 costumes a pair of underwear and a revive. 

That i suppose is not too bad, but to get that i would have spent what i bought the game for. 

It is very steep especially since its single character only.

a 20% reduction across the board is a must to entice more spending. 

Posted

I am willing to spend MORE money if stuff gets MORE expensive.

That's right. I want rare stuff and I have a considerable disposable income. Thanks.

I get the logic, but can't see that as justified because it comes off as pure greed and not much else.

Anyways, I think Daum would make more if prices were lowered a decent amount. A lot of people will buy $15~20 sets but no where near as many will buy sets for $32. I'm sure of that.

Posted

I chose "Other" since the option of " Not willing to spend any money based on initial sentiment of prices being "theft" " put words into my mouth that aren't true. I don't feel as though its theft, just greed-- and it makes me not want to throw my money away at them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Prices are abusive, we need MAJOR reduction in pricing. You can't price a costume 32€ while the game costs 30€ 1.0

exactly! and i have 5 alts= 5 costumes= 5 new games... insane prices a re way to high for a character bound, i would be ok if it was a account bound but not this...

2 people like this

Posted

exactly! and i have 5 alts= 5 costumes= 5 new games... insane prices a re way to high for a character bound, i would be ok if it was a account bound but not this...

I do agree i think if they are going to charge these prices they should at least be account bound not character bound. Same with dyes, one per use.. lol

Posted

I do agree i think if they are going to charge these prices they should at least be account bound not character bound. Same with dyes, one per use.. lol

Dyes're a whole other animal. As of now, it seems that people're cool with dyes being RNG - but not single-use. That's the deal-breaker for me. Another guy mentioned a brilliant idea: even if dyes're single-use, have the player keep the bottle and pay silver to refill it for more charges, to continuously dye their stuff.

This, I'd be happy with.

Posted

Thats a pretty good idea.

Posted

Everyone is saying "the price are fine, go look at other MMOs out there". I think they are failing to see that those "other MMOs" are a free to play model and needs the cash shop for the support of their game. 

This is not the case for BDO. This is a buy to play model and the price should be reflected in consequence. We are already buying the game and then we get the same price as free to play model? Really? Didnt they state somewhere that due to the Buy to play model, the price would be lower? Even with the highest package (Conqueror package) We dont even have enough to buy a full costume...Price should be atleast lowered by 20-30% due to buy to play model.

Posted

Snip.

Heads up boss, I'm gonna go ahead and link this poll to the impromptu megathread we've got going to make sure this poll doesn't get buried. I'll credit you for it. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

Cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted

There needs to be a major reduction in pricing or I just don't see myself buying any costumes. I was originally planning to buy multiple costumes when they came out, but $32 and it's not even account bound.... Insulting.

Posted

Heads up boss, I'm gonna go ahead and link this poll to the impromptu megathread we've got going to make sure this poll doesn't get buried. I'll credit you for it. Let me know if you want me to take it down.
Cheers.

Awesome, thank you.

Posted

A fully cosmetice'd character with no dyes is an additional $150!!!!

WTF?!?! They think this is Star Citizen?!?!

Posted

This poll is not balanced. No option for higher prices and all but one negative.

Posted

Want higher price ? nice troll ...

Posted

Want higher price ? nice troll ...

245785_5_.jpg

Posted

What if they made cosmetics account bound? Would people feel like they're getting more for their $?

Posted

What if they made cosmetics account bound? Would people feel like they're getting more for their $?

Yes.

Posted

A costume requires designing. Designs requires hours. Requires talent. Thought and creativity. They put all this in, and they add stats to add some value. And perhaps it needs an entire team to work at it, it's approved, re-done, re-checked and implemented.

And they charge you 35$ for all of that.

The costume will be with you, in-game, until you quit the game.

Perhaps for hundreds if not thousands of hours.

It will be nice, because you picked it just for your eyes sake.

This, you say, is greed?

And, on top of this, you try to insult me by implying I can't tell if someone is being greedy?

You are not being serious.

I won't believe it.

You are better than this.

So let me understand. You say 35€/$ it's a right price for a costume because they work to do it, right? Ye that's right.

So you're telling me that a costume it's harder/longer to program and create than the WHOLE game(That is 30€/$)

Sorry, but your way to defend Daum in this post is totally bs, fked up and pure fanboyism. Prices are too high, if they maintain them not only they'll lose a lot of players at launch, but even more in the future, who will not join because "bad publicity". With this they'll go f2p, then p2w and then AA all over again.

1 person likes this

Posted

So let me understand. You say 35€/$ it's a right price for a costume because they work to do it, right? Ye that's right.

So you're telling me that a costume it's harder/longer to program and create than the WHOLE game(That is 30€/$)

Sorry, but your way to defend Daum in this post is totally bs, fked up and pure fanboyism. Prices are too high, if they maintain them not only they'll lose a lot of players at launch, but even more in the future, who will not join because "bad publicity". With this they'll go f2p, then p2w and then AA all over again.

I always thought this was kinda funny.

Entire Game thats free to other country costs NA/EU players 30 when Daum didnt even make the game.

Costume that Daum didnt even make costs more money than the game itself.