• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Draw Distance

89 posts in this topic

Posted

So i am not sure what causes this, but judging from the last 2 commenst here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqtCkKvJHU i can see i am not alone with this. Is there any solution or plan to fix this? No matter what settings i try out, there seems to be some issue with the rendering distance of certain objects and npcs in the game. 

5 people like this

Posted

+1, got the same problem, haven't been able to find any solution though. hopefully they'll look into it after cbt 2

Posted

yea it's weird gameplay atm with this draw distance

Posted

Noticed this as well, glad its not just me.

Posted

my gf and me decided to not join the release with this bug. it's just unplayable for my eyes.

Posted

my gf and me decided to not join the release with this bug. it's just unplayable for my eyes.

ok dunno about you, but I managed to fix this problem by installing the newest graphic driver (mine is a gtx970m). It works totally fine now

Posted

Nothing you can do about it.

it's a server side setting. Only they can change it and it affects server performance. 

Posted

always been like this, you'll get use to it.

Posted

You're talking about that kinda 'pop-in' effect, yes?

Or something else?

Posted (edited)

You're talking about that kinda 'pop-in' effect, yes?

Or something else?

Obviously. It honestly gives eye bleeds when the shrubbery just pops in all 5 steps. The fact that you cant see players farther away than 20 steps doesnt make it better either. Even massive objects like giant rocks just pop up when youre ridiculously close to them. That _really_ is not a 2016 standard i have to say and if that keeps up i even regret paying 30€ for the preorder.

Edit: I'd rather have the option to completely turn off certain Details to not 'suffer' from this.

Edited by noisestorm

Posted

I do not have this problem so No its not a server side problem.

Posted

as i understand the "highend mode" makes so terrain wont pop in as badly but ive still noticed popin with npc not appearing even when im about 10m away in cities

Posted

I do not have this problem so No its not a server side problem.

Good for you? Doesn't change the fact that there is still a problem. And no updating my Nvidia driver did not fix it either.

Posted

as i understand the "highend mode" makes so terrain wont pop in as badly but ive still noticed popin with npc not appearing even when im about 10m away in cities

Yes High end mode does change draw distance as well, I forgot about that.

Posted

serverside hotfix needed

Posted

Mines not as bad as what's shown in that video. Then again it might be due to how many things are on screen at once = more severe pop-ins. Judging by the games graphics though and how it uses everything (ambient occlusion, DoF, advanced lighting, etc) maybe this will be fixed when DX12 is released.

Posted

Yes High end mode does change draw distance as well, I forgot about that.

It does a bit, but it still feels clunky somewhat. I wonder why there arent seperate controllers for certain settings in the first place. Graphic options definitely could be a bit better adjustable in my opinion. For example: 'Ground Details' , 'Draw Distance' , 'Animation Details' , 'Other players animation details' , 'Blur' , 'Bloom' , '2x 4x 8x 16x Antialiasing' ... Stuff like that. People sometimes do not like overloaded Animations or whatever and giving a few more options to optimize, will also help ppl with lower end PCs.

Posted

I remember noticing this when the first trailer of this game was released, when the camera was sweeping landscapes and I saw npcs and trees popping in. Was taken back by it but assumed it was early footage. Sad to see it persist. 

Posted

This is a problem i hope they fix one day, game looks amazing sitting still but once you run its wack a mole with pop in.

Posted

Obviously. It honestly gives eye bleeds when the shrubbery just pops in all 5 steps. The fact that you cant see players farther away than 20 steps doesnt make it better either. Even massive objects like giant rocks just pop up when youre ridiculously close to them. That _really_ is not a 2016 standard i have to say and if that keeps up i even regret paying 30€ for the preorder.
Edit: I'd rather have the option to completely turn off certain Details to not 'suffer' from this.

100% agree, it annoys me aswell!

Posted

Well, get 3x gtx 980ti sli for max draw distace if it were possible. What do you think with an mmo this detailed? This way people can run bdo properly

- Jeasy

Posted (edited)

Yeah I also have this problem. I was wondering why the distance was so low quality on max settings.

Edited by Caffeinated_Dani

Posted (edited)

It doesn't sound like a draw distance problem, but more like a latency problem. Like your client is not receiving world data as fast as you are running to it.

Or maybe a combination of both?

Edited by AlMcFly

Posted

Posted

it seems like the game is loading in textures/things every second. this might be a cause for somewhat lower than expected performance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0