• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Draw Distance

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow. Thats bad. I dont have it. I run the game off an SSD .

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wow. Thats bad. I dont have it. I run the game off an SSD .

You have it that's how the engine works, just not as bad as in the ops video i didn't really notice it that much myself only on faster horses it became a bit more anoying for me.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

Draw distances are not server side, stop spouting such nonsense.

It works like this to stop you from having 0 FPS constantly as you would need to render the entire world map, actors and all static objects on it all the time.

As BDO has no loading screens as such it will try and cram as many textures into your RAM as possible, the more memory you have the more textures you can hold, although the BDO engine will limit how many textures it loads. Any textures you have not loaded due to lack of RAM or were not required will be loaded off your hard drive when they are needed by recycling unused textures in RAM. Having a faster graphics card will affect how quickly the textures are rendered, how much VRAM your graphics card has will affect how many textures will stay rendered in the scene.

With 16GB of RAM a GTX 980Ti and an SSD I do not notice this at all.

ty

1 person likes this

Posted

You have it that's how the engine works, just not as bad as in the ops video i didn't really notice it that much myself only on faster horses it became a bit more anoying for me.

Ill have to check it out when the game launches then. Thanks.

Posted

It works like this to stop you from having 0 FPS constantly as you would need to render the entire world map, actors and all static objects on it all the time.

As BDO has no loading screens as such it will try and cram as many textures into your RAM as possible, the more memory you have the more textures you can hold, although the BDO engine will limit how many textures it loads. Any textures you have not loaded due to lack of RAM or were not required will be loaded off your hard drive when they are needed by recycling unused textures in RAM. Having a faster graphics card will affect how quickly the textures are rendered, how much VRAM your graphics card has will affect how many textures will stay rendered in the scene.

Someone who finally knows something about this.

I have 32gb of RAM and a gtx 680 and I barely get this. Not nearly as bad as everyone has been saying/showing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

what? "With 16GB of RAM a GTX 980Ti and an SSD I do not notice this at all."

that's sad because i have 16GB of RAM a GTX 980 Ti AND fast SSD and still have pop-in textures and objects. It's less than on my HDD but still noticeable

Edit: It's not just noticeable. It's horrible! And yes, i still love this game but hope for some fix in the future

Edited by Calavera

Posted (edited)

That not a server side issue or a graphic driver problem. Its just how the game is being programmed and coded. It wont even matter if you use a Radeon or NVidia card.

I call it "clipping". Putting setting to maximum I only notice it at the very far far distance which isn't "that" (relative) annoying though. 

what? "With 16GB of RAM a GTX 980Ti and an SSD I do not notice this at all."

that's sad because i have 16GB of RAM a GTX 980 Ti AND fast SSD and still have pop-in textures and objects. It's less than on my HDD but still noticeable

I know your pain mate, have the same issue here with the new M2 950 Pro SSD, Fury X and 16gb of DDR4 @ 3000mhz and still does it.

Edited by Shevat

Posted (edited)

Hi,

maybe its an Internet connection ( ping ) ? i have allmost none pop in's. sometims but they are very far away and only noticble if i search/look there.

to holland i have a 20ping around. most times even less.

i played a long time on the RU server with WTfast(Free ver.) VPN and got there too a low ping 30 around. still the same with to pop ins only at very far away.

got glass fiber internet. 120mb down and 5mb up.

PC:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on kingston 120gig ssd.

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz (Stock)

Memory: 8GB RAM DDR3 PC3-12800H in dual mode.

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 290 4gig (Stock)

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

game is on: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120G

run on max settings with high endmode on. getting in town 30-40fps outside most the time stable 60.

Definitely not a ping issue, as i said before in this thread my ping was 30 ms as well.

I am for a fact also using the same Xeon you have, 8GB as well , 2 different Crucial SSDs and a 770GTX with 4Gig. This should be enough to run it at least on decent medium settings without those pop-ins. But it doesnt. Im running 20-40fps in high end mode, but the problem with pop ins still persist.

Again i can just say the game needs better graphic settings, so players can 'hotfix' certain problems to their own likings.

Edited by noisestorm

Posted

You cant really compare that at all BnS was never meant be an open world game and It's an older game using an engine first released in 2004 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Engine#Unreal_Engine_3

But Unreal Engine came a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE way from release. Compare The Last Remnant to the Batman: Arkham series of games. First shows off all the common technical problems of the early engine, latter shows mastery.

Posted (edited)

Well, here is a funny fact: I've been playing BDO with everything on max @1440P (+highend mode) during Beta and encountered a very low draw distance with regards to other players and shadow clipping due to appearing/disappearing objects in the distance, which I was able to solve by some extent by disabling SSAO.

THAN I used my artifical cash-shop pearls to buy myself a costume... and it did increase my Vision-Range by 10, it gave me other non related benefits too. After that, character pop-ins where a lot less frequent and the distance in which the characters where rendered was noticeably higher. From my subjective point of view, I would say that the player-draw distance was nearly doubled. 

This means: Instead of providing the user a slider in which he can increase the draw-distance by himself, which would allow the user to properly account his own system spec. The user is instead forced to buy costumes and other items out of the store for real money, in order to see other players further than about 15-20 meters. Good joke "Pearl Abyss".

Edited by DreadfulDave
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, here is a funny fact: I've been playing BDO with everything on max @1440P (+highend mode) during Beta and encountered a very low draw distance with regards to other players and shadow clipping due to appearing/disappearing objects in the distance, which I was able to solve by some extent by disabling SSAO.

THAN I used my artifical cash-shop pearls to buy myself a costume... and it did increase my Vision-Range by 10, it gave me other non related benefits too. After that, character pop-ins where a lot less frequent and the distance in which the characters where rendered was noticeably higher.

This means: Instead of providing the user a slider in which he can increase the draw-distance slider by himself... in order to properly account his own system spec. The user is forced to buy costumes and other items out of the store for real money, in order to see further than about 10 meters. Good joke "Pearl Abyss".

Yeah i suspected something like this, makes sense in a way.

Edited by Asmodeus
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The foliage texture pop is very noticeable. I'm on a SLI 980 GTX TI setup with 6 SSD in Raid 0 very high read speed. DDR4 16GB Quad 3200mhz. The game just needs to be optimized, even if you could turn draw distance higher and it kills FPS there should still be an option for it. Just wait till you get a tier 8 horse. Its just a shame because the game looks so beautiful but I have to watch grass grow. Would like to buy DX12 API DLC lol.

Edited by Aerith

Posted

Good for you. I run my OS on a SSD and my games on a different SSD as well, but still have this problem. And i dont believe its my CPU either since i have an Intel Xeon E3-1231 with 3,4GHZ, which is pretty much on par with a medium i7. I still get the feeling that an increase for the amount of available graphic settings would definitely change a lot

Try messing around with the graphical settings on your gpu's control panel, I did. The in game settings are good but not in-debt enough imo.

Posted (edited)

Another nice screenshot showing you guys at Daum/PA like HOW it should look like:
bns.thumb.JPG.4e382bcf5dc791f1ab947a60f5

I wonder if it really is so hard to answer to that topic.

Regarding:

Try messing around with the graphical settings on your gpu's control panel, I did. The in game settings are good but not in-debt enough imo.

The problem with the Inbuilt Nvidia settings is that i can just play around how stuff gets rendered basically. Like i can force some Antialising or Vsync or whatever else comes to mind, but i cannot force my GPU to tell the game to render stuff from longer distances which is the actual thing i care about.. So why exactly would i want to change stuff in my GPU settings, when its not gonna change the core problem?

Even people that may not have any idea about what or how to configure their GPU manually, should have some 'easy to manage' in game settings to play around with nonetheless

Edited by noisestorm

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0