• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY, REFUND POLICY SAYS IT ALL

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't really like the game after playing it for a few hours.

JUST WENT ONLINE TO REQUEST REFUND. "Customer Support will not refund pre-order packages if the user has downloaded and/or launched the game client." This is a Korean market scam man. If you try the game, even as a beta. Even just download the client. You're screwed. Don't support this kind of company, or game. Period. This is worse than the BS that EA was pulling the past few years. Screw these guys.

That's some shady shady business dealings right there. You cant try out even in beta without purchasing but once you download the client you are screwed. I may call up a friend and see about getting a class action suit against you guys. See how many 50 dollar pre-purchases you guys lose worth of money then.

1 person likes this

Posted

You should have waited to purchase until after beta and used a beta key, there have literally been tens of thousands of free keys given out.

Next time, do some research in to the product before you purchase. BDO had other free servers you could access via vpn to try the game out before preordering

2 people like this

Posted

JUST WENT ONLINE TO REQUEST REFUND. "Customer Support will not refund pre-order packages if the user has downloaded and/or launched the game client." This is a Korean market scam man. If you try the game, even as a beta. Even just download the client. You're screwed. Don't support this kind of company, or game. Period. This is worse than the BS that EA was pulling the past few years. Screw these guys.

That's some shady shady business dealings right there. You cant try out even in beta without purchasing but once you download the client you are screwed. I may call up a friend and see about getting a class action suit against you guys. See how many 50 dollar pre-purchases you guys lose worth of money then.

you accepted the policy to forfeit the refund when you launched the game. It specifically asks you "DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS"... You have to tick yes.... You made your choice. Live with it....

7 people like this

Posted

Yep. Which is why you would lose the class action. Because you clicked yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Should'a read the terms of service, homie.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I preordered the game and knew about this before I opened CB2. Don't preorder a game until you know you want it. 

The company did nothing wrong, they made it clear the TOS and you agreed to it. Also, a lot of companies do this, if you pay for the game and play it, then you already used the product. Its the same as buying a pizza, eating it, and demanding a refund haha.... Its stupid concept, you ate it. I hope you don't get your money back. 

Edited by Asami
6 people like this

Posted

Should'a read the terms of service, homie.

This in a nutshell. The terms of service seems very shady, but you clicked yes, you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Posted

I love these threads, they are a giant sign identifying people who cannot cope with the consequences of their choices.

OP: Beta's aren't a preview, they are for testing.  If you pay to get into a testing phase and then expect a refund, you're about as sharp as a marble.

3 people like this

Posted

I can't believe people still sign things without reading and then complain they didn't know ¬.¬

Posted

This can only be your own fault, you've had plenty of chances to try the game before buying yet you clicked yes

RU version is free
KR version is free
JP version is free
A beta key is free is really easy to get

Posted

This is very interesting not refunding a product that is just still not in use, gives me a much darker picture of this game. 

Posted

Unfortunately, the Beta Test does not have the purpose of trying out the game for your liking, but to test the software and find glitches/bugs etc. When I activated the client for the beta, it clearly stated that by selecting "I Accept" I gave up the right of my 14 days refund lease. We all had to accept that in order to enter the beta. 

Please be careful of what you agree to before downloading, installing, and accepting anything on your computer. Always read the terms before clicking on Accept.

Posted

This should not be posted in the Suggestions forum.

I have been streaming this beta for 2 days and NO one has bothered to come into my channel enough for keys. 

There are PLENTY of streams on Twitch advertising key giveaways. The terms of the pre-order packages clearly state what you found out after you already played it.

Posted

People are really stupid these day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your own fault dude, you should of read the ToS.

Posted (edited)

Yep. Which is why you would lose the class action. Because you clicked yes.

Depending on countries, this is against the law.

In mine, digital purchases have a 2 weeks refund date, no matter what. Nothing you can sign can go past the law or deny any of your liberties.

Any company trying to be a smarta*s about it can get a 75 000€ international court kick in the balls for starters.

PS : anyone insulting OP and defending this thievery is a f*cking goy.

You didn't read it either, you bunch of hypocrite tw@ts. You only know it because it has been said here.

Edited by Road

Posted

Depending on countries, this is against the law.

In mine, digital purchases have a 2 weeks refund date, no matter what. Nothing you can sign can go past the law or deny any of your liberties.

Any company trying to be a smarta*s about it can get a 75 000€ international court kick in the balls for starters.

You didn't read it either, you bunch of hypocrite tw@ts. You only know it because it has been said here.

And in what country do you live?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello.

I can understand how frustrating this may be for you, but I would just like to review with you some of the standing legal grounds which you agree to and use every day. This does not just effect the purchase you made here with Daum, but with literally all purchases made.

The particular issue you are facing is an issue in the realm of civil law, as defined in Common Law, or under commerce governing statutes of the Civil Code of Laws. Depending on which country with which you reside, you will either fall under a Common Law System, or a Civil Code of Laws, which (confusingly) is called Civil law. This is not to be mistaken for Civil Law under a Common Law System.

In particular, I am referring to Contract Law and the elements of a contract, and the consensus and consideration that goes in to forming a contract.

Contracts can either be written, or oral in nature, however, they all adhere to five elements of a contract that make it legally binding. The elements are as follows:

1. Consensus. What consensus means under the definition of the law is that two parties have reached a mutual agreement to commit themselves to a certain transaction. In your particular case, the transaction in question is the purchasing of the pre-order on the website.

2. Consideration. The legal definition of Consideration is the price each will pay to participate in the contract. In your case, you have provided Daum with money, in their case, they have provided you with access to the Closed Beta, as well, as the other goods will be provided upon the early start.

3. Capacity. The legal definition of capacity is that both parties must be of legal understanding when entering in to the contract. As I assume you were of sound mind, and not diagnosed by a medical professional to be of unfit mind during the purchasing of the product, both parties have met the conditions of capacity.

4. Legality. In short, the object, and consideration of the transactions taking place must be of legal standing, and tender. The contract must also not be against public policy, or government statute.

5. Intention. Both parties must agree that they are serious about the contract, and intend to follow and adhere to the contract and it's legally binding terms. This means the contract has enforceable obligations that each party member must adhere to. In this case, you have provided monetary compensation in return for the goods and services that Daum as already begun to provide by allowing you access to the Closed Beta.

After reviewing the return policy and taking in to note that you voluntarily agreed to the terms provided to join the Closed Beta, I regret to inform you that your contract is not voidable. The contents of a contract, as well as the terms and conditions as stated have been adhered to. I would also like to point out that information asymmetry is a common situation that we face every day, in all our purchases. The sellers will almost always possess a far more intimate knowledge of the products being provided to the consumers. That does not mean that sellers are doing anything illegal, but I would also like to note that a Return Policy or a Refund Policy is not required by law unless the product is faulty, in any country, and cannot be enforced in the courts unless it is specifically a term, not a condition, but a term set within the contract. The only other condition that would apply is not a return policy, but consumer protection legislation for the Right to Withdrawal within the EU. I cannot stress enough that this is not a refund policy. This is a consumer protection clause which effects element 4 of a contract.

The particular situation I am referring to is called Caveat Emptor. Quite simply it means "Let the buyer beware". To enact the condition to avoid Caveat Emptor, Daum would have had to have withheld information about the product, had a contract that did not meet the five elements, or would have not delivered on it's contractual obligations while you have. Unfortunately, all of those conditions are met from the very moment you clicked buy, as well as clicked to accept the Closed Beta.

I am confident that Daum is not heartless, however, and if you wish to contact them and enter in to negotiations about your refund they will be willing to discuss the matter with you personally.

Down below I am going to link you the support page in which you can submit a ticket request to discuss the terms of your contract with Daum.

Good luck, and I wish you the best in whichever game you choose to enjoy, even if it isn't Black Desert.

The ticket page:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205606022-Pre-Order-Packages

Edited by CaitoStreet
2 people like this

Posted

wow fandom is hard in here... i do think the game should give a trial period for the refund it does make no sense that you have to refund before trying the game... how does that work on the mind of anyone stupid enough to no see the problem there ._. i mean you try something you like it good you don't  refund it ! 
i do agree that you should have read the ToS but i still say that they should give a trial period of at least 24 hours (at least) cause how on earth you are going to test it? 

what i did was playing on the RU server for that past 3 months and you should have done that but they should give a trial period.

Posted (edited)

1) Just because you are too lazy to read TOS before blindly clicking yes, doesn't mean we all are. So please watch your tone.

2) You should quit pretending to know the law, sinc eyou clearly don't. There exist exclusion options for the right to return goods within 14 days. This includes digital content - such as games.

For digital content not supplied on a tangible medium (such as a DVD, CD or CD-ROM) there is indeed a cooling off period of 14 calendar days (in all or most EU countries at least), unless the product or service has already been provided within the cooling-off period . The right of withdrawal can only be excluded to the extent that the consumer has declared to accept delivery of digital content during the cooling-off period and waives his right to dissolve the agreement.

And that is excatly what you did when you played the beta and accepted the terms of service therein. Yes it's a dirty trick since they know most people blindly click accept. But in most countries that is in fact NOT against the law.

TIP: learn to read before you click accept!

Edited by Cylenchar
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lol wtf... first of all: if you buy something at a store, open it and use it, do you then get to come back the next day and get a refund on it, just because it didn't live up to ur expectations? CB access was part of the packages, if you use your beta access, u've been using the product.

second of all, you should have read the the ToS... your own fault that u didn't get the refund... also, you are not entitled to a "test" of the game, thats the companys prerogative... but even then, the game has JUST finished beta, obviously there would be no trial before the game ACTUALLY launched! you could have watched youtube clips, tutorials, read the page info. or even tried one of the other versions of the game.

Third of all: your opinions are relative, I loved the game, and so did a lot of the other players... who exactly are you to demand that people stop supporting a game that they like?

Edited by Codex12

Posted

The Reason behind this is that People buy Games just to get in the Beta Phase and then Refund the Game. This is not the Way Producer are planning this, thats why the Refund is denied on this behave

Posted

It pops up in a window when you click play and you are required to accept it. It's not even long or hidden in a big list of Terms and Conditions, it's one text box that says if you enter the game you will forfeit your right to refund the pre-order. I did read it because I'm not a moron who is incapable of reading a 3 sentence pop-up.

2 people like this

Posted

Your just lucky they aren't sewing your mouth to someone's butt hole to make a HUMANCENTiPAD... why won't it read!?

Posted

That is your problem because you didn't read their terms......