• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Questions about fishing!

12 posts in this topic

Posted

1. How does fishing work?

2. Is it profitable? 

3. What are the mechanics of it? 

4. what is the point in having a boat, and how does it help? 

5. Is it turned into a trade pack, or what to do with it exactly?

6. Is there any important question i left out? 

Posted (edited)

1. Buy a rod, go to water, press space.

2. Yes

3. Either go afk or follow the prompts on screen

4. Go to places where there are less people = more rare fish

5. You sell it to a trade vendor with nodes connected to the location the fish was caught

6. More you fish higher level, higher level = better chance at better fish (iirc)

Have fun :D

Edited by Dragoon
1 person likes this

Posted

I read somewhere that the best boat has 12 slots in it. 12 slots for what, though? 

- And thanks for reply.

Posted

For your fish silly.

Posted

Thank you again, also how do we sell the fish? I get you sell to a trader, but how? How do we convert them fishies into goldies? 

Posted

Thank you again, also how do we sell the fish? I get you sell to a trader, but how? How do we convert them fishies into goldies? 

Talking to the dude and press the sell button :D

Posted

1. Buy a rod, go to water, press space.

2. Yes

3. Either go afk or follow the prompts on screen

4. Go to places where there are less people = more rare fish

5. You sell it to a trade vendor with nodes connected to the location the fish was caught

6. More you fish higher level, higher level = better chance at better fish (iirc)

Have fun :D

omg another positive post!

thumbs up!

And, proper infos too! it's very profitable. To many, it is the first and easiest way to buy into things like a beginners grey horsie!

a horse is about 10k if memory serves, and that's like 4-5 fish!

imagine that, going to a person, giving them 5 fish and they give you a horse! WUT!

xD

Posted (edited)

Thanks! and, what are the traders called? Just literally "trader?" "fish trader" general vendor, what? :o  

Sorry for ignorance, just wondering so my girlfriend and I can go fish together, and know what we need to know. :)  

Edited by Knight

Posted

Thanks! and, what are the traders called? Just literally "trader?" "fish trader" general vendor, what? :o  

Sorry for ignorance, just wondering so my girlfriend and I can go fish together, and know what we need to know. :)  

They are called trade manager.

You will always, always, always, find them next to the stable manager, so you won't miss them at all. If you see a horse head in the map of a city, the trade manager is next to it.

Also, very important. Keep an eye where you fish, because for you to hand the fish to the trade manager, the node must be active.

If you are in a big city, then that's ok, but if you are some meters away from the city, you will have to connect the node to the city you want to take the fish to ;)

Posted

I know drying fish is a process, but I've been unable to dry my fish- Am I missing something here?

Posted (edited)

There's tons of videos on YouTube from very kind and knowledgeable players, I've watched a few and is unbelievable how complex and fun this game is.

Edited by Orgeno

Posted

If you see a shit load of people fishing in one place, go there and fish.  There's a reason for it.