• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Change Costume Preoder Bonuses!

Special Costumes   713 votes

1. 1. Do you think we should get all the costumes for each class?

• Yes, you should get them for the release classes.
    • No, one character is enough.
    • We should get them for all future release classes.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

189 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

one costume is enough in my opinion , it making it more unique , first player first class thing

Edited by Raimis

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why they don't just make the packs account based and not character. It's not like the items are tradeable (if they are, they shouldn't be). 

Edited by Sonia

Posted

If we get costumes for all classes, people will want name reserves for all classes. Then probably some other goodies, for all classes.

I'm fine with the previous suggestion that the remaining Founder-only costumes should be unlocked for purchase if you Pre-Ordered the Conquerors Pack.

unsaid the same in the suggestion with belazar. That the option should be unlock who bought the conquerors pack should have to option to purchase founders costumes for the rest of the characters. Once the armor is more western theme I think the Asian classes should have something more traditional. That would be nice ^^

i still would like mei costume for kunoichi. 

Posted

I didn't even really particularily care about the costumes. I primarily pre-ordered for the mount, name reservations, early access, and guest passes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like most of the community from this poll wants to have more costumes vs a single character. Maybe Daum will take this into consideration for everyone who has preordered or maybe at least after the release for us :) 

Posted

Daum already said they are not changing the pre-order bonuses.  It is what it is what it is.

About preorder packages. Is DAUM planning on changing the preorder packages in any way? Most highest tier packages include 3/4th of it's value in cash (e.g. Blade and Soul with 90$ worth of NCcoins in a 125$ package) 

• The pre-order packages will remain as-is. Tier 3 will be dropped after launch. Tier 1 and 2 will be reduced in content as given in the pre-order section. 
    The value in our package is provided through valuable items rather than providing direct cash. And please keep in mind that you can utilze NCcoins in multiple games, this doesn't apply to us. So the purpose of adding a higher value is different

If i have preorder items but i want to give them to another character in the future, a blader that will be added after the release, will be able to do it?

• You can claim the items anytime with any character. However, weapon and costume in Tier 2 and 3 will be only available for Warrior, Sorceress, Ranger, Berserker, Wizard/Witch and Valkyrie.

Posted

I think we should also get -

All the houses, Teleport to anywhere stone (perma), Maybe 500k more pearls, 32 vouchers for pets, 10 more furniture vouchers, and a perma make over kit.

Also a magical hat that lets me 1 shot people at level 1 when they are level 60+

3 people like this

Posted

I think we should also get -

All the houses, Teleport to anywhere stone (perma), Maybe 500k more pearls, 32 vouchers for pets, 10 more furniture vouchers, and a perma make over kit.

Also a magical hat that lets me 1 shot people at level 1 when they are level 60+

Hey me 2 me 2 u greedy mofo i want that hat also xDDDD

Posted

Hey me 2 me 2 u greedy mofo i want that hat also xDDDD

feel-the-power_o_1401243.jpg 

Posted

feel-the-power_o_1401243.jpg 

U are so cute i like your smile xD

Posted (edited)

People actually always want more and more , just never got enough :D

Edited by Raimis

Posted

U are so cute i like your smile xD

tumblr_inline_mu77t7tGN11rp5ay0.gif

People actually always want more and more , just never got enough :D

People are retarded.

Posted

I totally understand, gamers can be very forceful at times (Not all gamers). I suppose I'm just very excited about pre-ordering and would really love to have all of these costumes instead of only 1. My luck I would pick it on a character I'd rather not play in the long run :P

If you are afraid you would pick it on the wrong character, wait to claim it.  Play all the characters you are interested in to level 20 or 30 to get a feel for them.  Then claim it on your preferred class.

From the interview answers:

"You can claim the items anytime with any character."

Posted

what's a bigger shame than not having a collectors edition item account bound is to actually call it unique, yet every other version can just buy it with cash, whenever they feel like it.
this is just a cheap method to take 1 costume out of the shop, put it into the conquerers pack and make people pay 100€ up front.
nope.no thanks.

Posted

I just feel like people are too hyped for this game to see value. That's just my opinion and either way I see both sides. I understand people always want more and there's nothing wrong with that. If we as customers are always okay with value and never question it, or trying push it more our favor, it'll continue to become less and less in our favor since everyone seems to use the excuse people are just being greedy.

Like I said I've preordered already and I'm happy, but I don't see a problem with wanting more for what I've already purchased. 

They won't change it, maybe later after release something else will be done. Who knows. :) 

Posted

I just feel like people are too hyped for this game to see value.

My argument would be that some of us do see value, and those asking for more might not. I can't see how this package is less in our favor than others. Honestly it seems like games are packing more stuff in their pre-order packages nowadays. Considering it's a B2P game it could have been $60 for the intro package.

Posted

My argument would be that some of us do see value, and those asking for more might not. I can't see how this package is less in our favor than others. Honestly it seems like games are packing more stuff in their pre-order packages nowadays. Considering it's a B2P game it could have been $60 for the intro package.

Fair point, we just see it differently :P 

Posted

well i dont care about other class because ill play warrior<Greatsword

Posted

Since it has been some time and there's new people here let's see what they think. 

Posted

Seems that the outfit you get from pre-order is limited which means when the game is released you can say good buy your pre-order outfit!! :(

Posted (edited)

Seems that the outfit you get from pre-order is limited which means when the game is released you can say good buy your pre-order outfit!! :(

No. It stays with you forever and I assume you only get it on game release, not during beta. It's limited as in you can ONLY get it by preordering. Otherwise the costume stays with you forever and exclusive. 

Edited by Veolan

Posted (edited)

And that's honestly okay, wanting more isn't a bad thing. There obviously has to be a cut off point and reserving one name is plenty fine, it's completely different compared to a getting an in-game item. I've played multiple MMOs that gave the benefits of the pack you purchased whenever you made a new character, it would usually be waiting in the mail. 

I only see it as a benefit to simply give us all the outfits for the classes, heck maybe it would even entice more people to pre-order the game. That way they at least know they're not making such a permanent choice on the character costume. 

Edit - I suppose allowing us access to the previous found-only costumes wouldn't be a terrible thing, still think giving them all would be easier and a better idea.

And where would you draw the line? Once you get outfits for all your characters then that would no longer be enough for you.

Edited by SMEXY

Posted (edited)

And where would you draw the line? Once you get outfits for all your characters then that would no longer be enough for you.

Single use items like extra currency, mounts, items in general are usually single use and that's fine. Most games when talking cosmetics give them to you permanently every time a new character is made. The line has already been drawn and DAUM is taking a far step back on this. 

I'll repeat again. Asking for more isn't a bad thing. Remember consumers will never get the better side unless they challenge businesses. It's how it has always been and will stay. When consumers stop caring that's when businesses take advantage. Simple as that. 

Is asking for extra costumes even that big of a deal? No. They won't lose money. I'm already giving them $100 on a game that isn't released here in the states. My choice I have already made and what happens, happens. But I'm not going to simply sit and not ask for more if the opportunity is there. 

Don't assume please. 

Edited by Veolan
Grammar fixes
1 person likes this

Posted

Single use itmes like extra currency, mounts, items in general are usually single use and that's fine. Most games when talking cosmetics give them to you permanently every time a new character is made. The line has already been drawn and DAUM is taking a far step back on this. 

I'll repeat again. Asking for more isn't a bad thing. Remember consumers will never get the better side unless they challenge businesses. It's how it has always been and will stay. When consumers stop caring that's when businesses take advantage. Simple as that. 

Is asking for extra costumes even that big of a deal? No. They won't lose money. I'm already giving them $100 on a game that isn't released here in the states. My choice I have already made and what happens, happens. But I'm not going to simply sit and not ask for more if the opourrinty is there. 

Don't assume please. 

You see value in having the costume available to all your characters now and in the future. Nothing wrong with that.

I see value in making a choice and sticking to it, and being rewarded for that choice. (in terms of having a skin that not many will have because they possibly changed course later on.)

To put it simply; what is better is subjective.

One of the two options above will be more popular than the other.

Posted (edited)

I think people have a misconception that asking for the costumes to be account bound (reusable by founders on their characters) means they want the devs to throw the game at them.

The fact of the matter is saying that asking for a simple "switch" to be flipped is completely different from asking for new content. Rather this is asking that the content purchased, theoretically you have access to all the content in the package until you choose which character to use it on, be available for all of your characters permanently. Saying that asking for costumes to be usable on all release characters will lead to players asking for millions of pearls, teleportation, or other similarly ridiculous feature is false equivalence and quite childish.

EDIT: Clarity/Grammar 

Edited by Satorias
2 people like this