• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Change Costume Preoder Bonuses!

Special Costumes   713 votes

1. 1. Do you think we should get all the costumes for each class?

• Yes, you should get them for the release classes.
    • No, one character is enough.
    • We should get them for all future release classes.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

189 posts in this topic

Posted

You see value in having the costume available to all your characters now and in the future. Nothing wrong with that.

I see value in making a choice and sticking to it, and being rewarded for that choice. (in terms of having a skin that not many will have because they possibly changed course later on.)

To put it simply; what is better is subjective.

One of the two options above will be more popular than the other.

I understand your point of view. 

I think people have a misconception that asking for the costumes to be account bound (reusable by founders on their characters) means they want the devs to throw the game at them.

The fact of the matter is saying that asking for a simple "switch" to be flipped is completely different from asking for new content. This in fact asking that the content purchased, theoretically you have access to all the content in the package until you choose which character to use it on, is available for all of your characters. Saying that asking for costumes to be usable on all release characters will lead to players asking for millions of pearls, teleportation, or other similarly ridiculous feature is false equivalence and quite childish.

Very well said. This is how I see it also. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not being mean here but some people feel entitled it seems

Posted

:l

It's not much to ask honestly to have a founder pack be account bound, not character bound.

Pay 100 dollars for this ketchup.

But you can only use it on one particular type of food I choose and if you use it on something else I'll have to stop you.

Posted

These forums are a mess of weird minded people. Of course we should get one for all our characters!

Posted

It's not much to ask honestly to have a founder pack be account bound, not character bound.

Pay 100 dollars for this ketchup.

But you can only use it on one particular type of food I choose and if you use it on something else I'll have to stop you.

that's not how I see it
more like 

pick one : ketchup , mustard , pickles , butter or mayonnaise.

but you want it all free.

how are they gonna make money on the other skins 3D designers actualy took time to make .
nobody is gonna pay later in the game for those skins as new ones comes out.
new costumes arent included in the '' base price '' so shoulnd be given for free.
I don't think you work for free , do you ?

they're making BRAND NEW NA EXCLUSIVE skins for tamer witch and wizard. 
you want them for free ? those cost money to make, and they're aint charging us if we pick them for our first toon.

I think them giving 1 for free + 2500 credits for more is good enough.

Posted

The game isn't out yet, and we could very well change Daum's mind and I think that would be awesome. The Conqueror's pack contains a weapon skin and a costume skin, but only for one character! I really think if we are spending $100 on this level getting all the costumes would be a major plus. I find it weird that they are only going to let us pick one class, even worse it doesn't work on the classes that are yet to be released. 

So I ask of you to please change your mind and give us the option to have the costumes for all available classes. It might even give more of an incentive for people to pre-order! 

Do you agree?

"Do I get a unique costume for all available classes or only one costume for the character of my choice?

The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us, by pre-ordering the game. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class.
Costumes will look as given in the picture below. Some classes' costumes are in the progress of being designed and will be revealed as soon as possible."

i would perfer if they gave us a choice of a free outfit also but your idea is awesome as well! I prefer more variety but can't be too picky you know

Posted

These forums are a mess of weird minded people. Of course we should get one for all our characters!

what happens when a company doesnt make enough money from non-p2win item sales ?
pay2win items. REAL ONEs.

Posted

what happens when a company doesnt make enough money from non-p2win item sales ?pay2win items. REAL ONEs.

People can't understand that costumes are going to be a large part of what funds everything else in this game. 

Posted

what happens when a company doesnt make enough money from non-p2win item sales ?pay2win items. REAL ONEs.

Is just 1 costume for people who had a little faith. 1 costume wont apeal to everyone. Will be plenty of others.

Posted

that's not how I see itmore like 

pick one : ketchup , mustard , pickles , butter or mayonnaise.

but you want it all free.

how are they gonna make money on the other skins 3D designers actualy took time to make .
nobody is gonna pay later in the game for those skins as new ones comes out.
new costumes arent included in the '' base price '' so shoulnd be given for free.
I don't think you work for free , do you ?

they're making BRAND NEW NA EXCLUSIVE skins for tamer witch and wizard. 
you want them for free ? those cost money to make, and they're aint charging us if we pick them for our first toon.

I think them giving 1 for free + 2500 credits for more is good enough.

I don't think anyone said free...everyone said "for the 100 dollar Conqueror's Package..." You are literally not even reading comments and fabricating conclusions based on your obvious bias to this idea. 

If we look at the facts we literally have no idea the actual value of the Conqueror's Package since we do not have any evidence of the cash shop. You are also muddling the discussion by comparing special, one-time event, costumes to an assumed "normal" costume pricing scheme.

No one is working for free...the artists are being paid to create the content for the Conqueror's Package regardless of exclusivity (people who are supporting a game before it even releases a.k.a. guaranteed money). You can argue that the better the package is the more money they will make. As an observation and personal experience...people who buy upper-tier founder's packages tend to spend more overall money on a game, as they obvious have a great deal of passion for it.

Dissenting opinions are fine (and encouraged) but the majority of comments regarding a negative reaction to the proposed idea are childish, poorly worded, and inflammatory. 

Posted

You already get 1 costume. What people  are asking for is unlimited costumes "All my alts should have it too!"

Posted (edited)

You already get 1 costume. What people  are asking for is unlimited costumes "All my alts should have it too!"

"All my alts should have access to a single, founder's costume as a nice nod to the people who took a plunge and funded a game before it was even released." People need to stop over generalizing everything that is being said. It makes you sound like a fool.

This topic and most people aren't even demanding anything. They are saying "DAMN THIS WOULD BE NICE IF THIS HAPPENED."

Edited by Satorias
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People can't understand that costumes are going to be a large part of what funds everything else in this game. 

Yes but giving all the characters a costume IMHO is not going to hurt them. Honestly they should be making good enough costumes to make people want to keep purchasing them.  

They could just make 1 set that works for all classes that can be moved between characters. People will get lazy trying to move it between characters all the time but still give the option if they change their mind. 

Edited by Veolan

Posted

Yes but giving all the characters a costume IMHO is not going to hurt them. Honestly they should be making good enough costumes to make people want to keep purchasing them.  

They could just make 1 set that works for all classes that can be traded. People will get lazy trying to trade it all the time but still give the option. 

1 Set that is tradeablw for all classes id be fine with as i hate restrictions. And i want to play more then 1 class. 

Posted

Yes but giving all the characters a costume IMHO is not going to hurt them.

Daum decided against it. Maybe they thought it would hurt sales. I seriously doubt they did it to be mean.

Of course they are going to keep adding more costumes. That's a no brainer.

Posted (edited)

Dissenting opinions are fine (and encouraged) but the majority of comments regarding a negative reaction to the proposed idea are childish, poorly worded, and inflammatory. 

sorry I'm not english native.
thanks for the personal insults.
they do give extra 2500 cash shop pts if you want more costumes tho.

notice they added a huge deal of stuff '' NA-exclusive '' beards/hairs/skin colors.
coded back the dark nights.JUST FOR US.
but it is never enough for occidentals.
you guys still want more.
it's classic NA/EU comsumerism/capitalist.

notice this too. you don't like the conqueror's package deal ? just don't buy it.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

Daum decided against it. Maybe they thought it would hurt sales. I seriously doubt they did it to be mean.

Of course they are going to keep adding more costumes. That's a no brainer.

Maybe they decided against for cost, maybe they didn't really give it a thought initially. Publishers and Devs have bad ideas too and don't always make the best choices at first. All we can do it wait and see what happens. 

I know they're going to make costumes. I was meaning quality costumes that people feel compelled to buy. I really hope their designing team for costumes is good for us. GW2 is a perfect example of terrible costume design IMHO. 

Posted (edited)

sorry I'm not english native.thanks for the personal insults.
they do give extra 2500 cash shop pts if you want more costumes tho.

notice they added a huge deal of stuff '' NA-exclusive '' beards/hairs/skin colors.
coded back the dark nights.JUST FOR US.
but it is never enough for occidentals.
you guys still want more.
it's classic NA/EU comsumerism/capitalist.

There were no personal insults. I was highlighting the fact that your comments have no basis on what is being said and are simply angry. It's obvious by your last sentence that you have a bias to this region and if anything is questioned it is immediately us being entitled. Simply put the NA/EU market is different from the RU/KR markets. Different things are important.

We like shiny things here and are, in general, quite conscious of what we spend our money on. With that in mind we want as much value as we can possible have (most other Founder's packs have the suggested feature). If we wanted the company to fail we simply wouldn't purchase anything, not post on forums to see if an opinion is popular, not promote any form of change in the game, and would be playing a different game and not even considering this one.

Edited by Satorias
1 person likes this

Posted

notice this too. you don't like the conqueror's package deal ? just don't buy it.

I do like the Conqueror's Package and have bought it because I want to support the game. That doesn't mean it is as good as many other founder's programs and couldn't use a little criticism. 

Posted

I do like the Conqueror's Package and have bought it because I want to support the game. That doesn't mean it is as good as many other founder's programs and couldn't use a little criticism. 

Other B2P programs? Or F2P, which is a big part of the difference. You have to remember to take that into consideration.

1 person likes this

Posted

There were no personal insults. I was highlighting the fact that your comments have no basis on what is being said and are simply angry. It's obvious by your last sentence that you have a bias to this region and if anything is questioned it is immediately us being entitled. Simply put the NA/EU market is different from the RU/KR markets. Different things are important.
We like shiny things here and are, in general, quite conscious of what we spend our money on. With that in mind we want as much value as we can possible have (most other Founder's packs have the suggested feature). If we wanted the company to fail we simply wouldn't purchase anything, not post on forums to see if an opinion is popular, not promote any form of change in the game, and would be playing a different game and not even considering this one.

that's racist.
I'm canadian my friend.
nothing against '' this region ''
just the people in it being cheap.
you offer this but '' I WANT MORE FOR MY MONEY '' ever-contuining bullshit.
I'm gonna go start the wait line for the iphone7
I'm out ->

Posted (edited)

Other B2P programs? Or F2P, which is a big part of the difference. You have to remember to take that into consideration.

True, I guess I have the most experience in B2P Founder's however, I would imagine those would be the one's that would limit my usage of cosmetics/items and they haven't. I would imagine F2P games would be the one's to limit usage of cosmetics/items. Warframe as a F2P reference, Tera (originally B2P), and SWTOR (originally B2P) are two that come to mind. Although in SWTOR I think a lot of the pre-order stuff eventually showed up, however, there were a few pieces that were exclusive and reusable...a pet and a couple other things.

EDIT: Grammar is hard

EDIT2: I originally thought that I had more interaction with F2P so my first sentence makes no snese

Edited by Satorias

Posted

I'm usually a collector wanting all costumes. However I also like the idea of having something unique. So I don't really mind a one time costume for the release classes which you have to choose and then that's it.

I mean I will play more than one class however I have my main class and won't change it. (Unless they decide to kill it off but even then...)

So all in all... I don't care. It's just that they offered it - people bought it - and that's what it should be. I mean if I'd buy a car I can't seriously ask the salesman to include all other colors for free. Bad example.... I'm tired... sorry >.<

2 people like this

Posted

that's racist.I'm canadian my friend.
nothing against '' this region ''
just the people in it being cheap.
you offer this but '' I WANT MORE FOR MY MONEY '' ever-contuining bullshit.
I'm gonna go start the wait line for the iphone7
I'm out ->

Nothing I said was racist? I literally just said different regions have different priorities on what they want their money to go towards... cultural differences make market opinion different. 

Posted

I quite like the idea of having something unique and it being a one of. Makes the decision all the more thrilling!!