• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Change Costume Preoder Bonuses!

Special Costumes   713 votes

1. 1. Do you think we should get all the costumes for each class?

• Yes, you should get them for the release classes.
    • No, one character is enough.
    • We should get them for all future release classes.
    • Doesn't matter to me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

189 posts in this topic

Posted

HURR DURR GIB MEH MOR FREE STUFF!

Posted

I voted that I don't care :3 Just like that! Boom.. Hope that DAUM will focus on PvP Balancing the most ~

3 people like this

Posted

honestly, It'd be nice if the costume was for any and all characters in the future... but that's not necessary and we don't "deserve" it. I'll be happy just playing the game lol. I don't need anything that shows people "look! I bought the game before it was cool" like a hipster. I Alpha tested Tera, preordered it, got the golden dragon weapon skins, the white lion mount, even ended up getting that blue dildo looking horse, and the Founder title. not once did I use any of it.

When you visually separate people that bought the different packs, and people that just bought the game (for any of the reasons ranging from thinking that it's a waste of money, to they simply couldn't afford it) you create a social separation in the game's population. you are bound to have people acting all elitist towards people that don't have cosmetic items. and then you have Tera's Toxic holier than thou community all over again.

I got the conqueror's pack, and honestly, I don't give a shit. I've been following this game since Korean Announced Alpha, and I simply want to support the game makers because I want the game to prosper so I can enjoy it more.  besides, the conqueror's pack is $99, the game is $30 (maybe) you get $25 worth of cash shop currency, so that's $55 dollars right there, Plus the costume (it it'll be anything like Tera's thats $20. so $75 right there. and then you have everything in the Explorer's pack X2  minus the game, so that's another $40. $115 total, and you still get access to CB1. So tell me, are you getting ripped off?

TLDR, Stop complaining lol. you wouldn't buy an AMD radeon 390X and then tell the seller that you deserve a Fury X for that price simply because you think so.

a15c65afa3039cf1af24ad1807aad0ec.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I got the conqueror's pack, and honestly, I don't give a shit. I've been following this game since Korean Announced Alpha, and I simply want to support the game makers because I want the game to prosper so I can enjoy it more.  besides, the conqueror's pack is $99, the game is $30 (maybe) you get $25 worth of cash shop currency, so that's $55 dollars right there, Plus the costume (it it'll be anything like Tera's thats $20. so $75 right there. and then you have everything in the Explorer's pack X2  minus the game, so that's another $40. $115 total, and you still get access to CB1. So tell me, are you getting ripped off?

TLDR, Stop complaining lol. you wouldn't buy an AMD radeon 390X and then tell the seller that you deserve a Fury X for that price simply because you think so

Tera is a F2P game (in its current iteration) expensive costumes should be expected. In a B2P game cosmetics should cost less. Do you have any evidence to back up the $25 in cash shop currency? As of right now that could be $2 or $200 for all we know. 

I think most everyone would agree with you that they want to support the game (hence this debate over a $100 package lol). There isn't even a real "demand" from the OP. He is just stating that he thinks it would be a smart move that would also make him happy. Criticism/suggestions are not entitlement...it's just an opinion.

Also you aren't even comparing apples to oranges with that last one. You are comparing something like a burrito to a grape.

Edited by Satorias

Posted (edited)

hers a view of what we have on russian servers: (keep in mind, each of those costs $29)

73d335f9_o.bmp

9609ca81_o.bmp12bb4c80_o.bmp5e71e67f_o.bmp5f4c0346_o.bmp6112d8cd_o.bmp23cba967_o.bmp91722207_o.bmpdd326419_o.bmpc58f2c2c_o.bmp9d6eb090_o.bmpedc84e5b_o.bmp5d5e7107_o.bmpa190448a_o.bmp7730e998_o.bmp45e38d89_o.bmp

this is for the horny people out there:

3e0f3a40_o.bmp5934004d_o.bmp3f7e3edd_o.bmp

d7c0615c_o.bmp18d0ea05_o.bmp2b95eb66_o.bmp91c27ce3_o.bmp

Edited by TRON
2 people like this

Posted

Tera is a F2P game (in its current iteration) expensive costumes should be expected. In a B2P game cosmetics should cost less. Do you have any evidence to back up the $25 in cash shop currency? As of right now that could be $2 or $200 for all we know. 

I think most everyone would agree with you that they want to support the game (hence this debate over a $100 package lol). There isn't even a real "demand" from the OP. He is just stating that he thinks it would be a smart move that would also make him happy. Criticism/suggestions are not entitlement...it's just an opinion.

Also you aren't even comparing apples to oranges with that last one. You are comparing something like a burrito to a grape.

the comparison is meant to be silly. and yes. I played tera before the game went free to play, back when it was buy+sub to play. and the prices for costumes never changed. they just added more costumes. Also, GW2 before it went free to play, about the same prices as well.

as for the value of the 2500 pearls. I can only assume and compare the value based on numbers from other games. where 2200 EMP in tera costs $20 (that can get you a single costume *good* with some change left over, or 2 shitty ones) and just about every other MMO I've played with a cash shop where 2000 (roughly) is = $20. I doubt they will deviate from that. but I could be wrong as it's just a guess. :)

Posted (edited)

the comparison is meant to be silly. and yes. I played tera before the game went free to play, back when it was buy+sub to play. and the prices for costumes never changed. they just added more costumes. Also, GW2 before it went free to play, about the same prices as well.

as for the value of the 2500 pearls. I can only assume and compare the value based on numbers from other games. where 2200 EMP in tera costs $20 (that can get you a single costume *good* with some change left over, or 2 shitty ones) and just about every other MMO I've played with a cash shop where 2000 (roughly) is = $20. I doubt they will deviate from that. but I could be wrong as it's just a guess. :)

I hope you're right on the cash shop thing :<. That's kinda disappointing about Tera and stuff...I always assumed it got pricey after it went F2P. 

Edit: I also hope the pricing isn't like what I've been hearing it is in Korea...50 bucks for a costume? Really?

Edited by Satorias
1 person likes this

Posted

Me too, Friend :) but it's ok. I believe. 

Posted

That's kind of a hard decision :P 

I actually feel like the Conquerors Package is a good deal. You get a good bit to start off with. You even start with a T5 mount.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I've done a lot of research on classes and gameplay. I know I like the look of certain classes and the combat, but will I like it in the long run? So I understand how you feel about getting all these things on one class, but it is what it is. :) 

I hope the cash shop prices aren't outrageous so down the road it won't hurt to get costumes for other classes - at the same time, Id like to support this game if I really enjoy it. So the I wont mind paying for cosmetics :). DAUM has been listening to our suggestions, so for that I'm grateful. 

Posted

That's kind of a hard decision :P 

I actually feel like the Conquerors Package is a good deal. You get a good bit to start off with. You even start with a T5 mount.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I've done a lot of research on classes and gameplay. I know I like the look of certain classes and the combat, but will I like it in the long run? So I understand how you feel about getting all these things on one class, but it is what it is. :) 

I hope the cash shop prices aren't outrageous so down the road it won't hurt to get costumes for other classes - at the same time, Id like to support this game if I really enjoy it. So the I wont mind paying for cosmetics :). DAUM has been listening to our suggestions, so for that I'm grateful. 

Agreed :)

Posted

I actually prefer to just keep the 1 costume. It makes you that much more of a badass when you whip out your main to deal with some scrubs that are causing you problems.

Posted

I actually prefer to just keep the 1 costume. It makes you that much more of a badass when you whip out your main to deal with some scrubs that are causing you problems.

If you run back to your higher level main to deal with low level scrubs that are annoying you... isn't that a bit scrubby?

1 person likes this

Posted

How about this, We get 1 costume, but we can use it account wide, as in.... If im done playing with my valk, i can unequip the costume and send it to my alt for use

3 people like this

Posted

hers a view of what we have on russian servers: (keep in mind, each of those costs $29)

73d335f9_o.bmp

Kill me now... I must have this outfit.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you run back to your higher level main to deal with low level scrubs that are annoying you... isn't that a bit scrubby?

not if your chars are maxed out but your main is better gear wise

Posted

It looks even better in-game ;3 The RU server is full of it ! All Blader's are wearing it xD

Posted

not if your chars are maxed out but your main is better gear wise

fair enough.

Posted

so choose it :)))

Posted (edited)

that's not how I see itmore like 

pick one : ketchup , mustard , pickles , butter or mayonnaise.

but you want it all free.

how are they gonna make money on the other skins 3D designers actualy took time to make .
nobody is gonna pay later in the game for those skins as new ones comes out.
new costumes arent included in the '' base price '' so shoulnd be given for free.
I don't think you work for free , do you ?

they're making BRAND NEW NA EXCLUSIVE skins for tamer witch and wizard. 
you want them for free ? those cost money to make, and they're aint charging us if we pick them for our first toon.

I think them giving 1 for free + 2500 credits for more is good enough.

No, you see.

You paid for the ketchup mustard and pickles.. and.. butter.. and mayo.

So you can have it all if you want to use it all on your burger(personally I'm more of an A1 sauce type of guy on my burgers but hey)

Thats the problem.

We paid for the full package.

I guess I just value money more than others because I actually help out every year during christmas delivering care packages to people so poor and broken they can't even leave their home or buy clothes/food for themselves.

So when I see something that could be improved money wise I usually go about being as cost effective as possible. 

I'm not frugile, I've bought plenty of things I enjoy or need when the time comes.

I'm just not a fool.

Neither is the OP.

And for 100 dollars, I'd hope you'd at least get a special skin for spending that much on a game upfront as a preorder.

You seem to think that this exchange only goes one way and that we're asking for too much.

100 dollars is a lot of money buddy.

Thats filling my gas tank up for a month-3 weeks straight.

Like I said, asking for an account bound title/cosmetic item you paid 100$ for is really nothing at all other than a simple flick of wrist by the company.

I for one support it because I'll be stuck playing tamer so I can have a wep for ninja when it comes out on NA and I'd love to have my costume on the character I actually want to play instead of the chibi girl.

Oh and on the subject of the 2,500 in game currency.

They could remove it for all I care, If I want to buy cash shop currency I'll gladly buy it myself.

As long as the costumes and skins are account bound I'll gladly spend more money on the game if I enjoy it.

See no issue there at all.

Edited by Punch
2 people like this

Posted

No, you see.

You paid for the ketchup mustard and pickles.. and.. butter.. and mayo.

So you can have it all if you want to use it all on your burger(personally I'm more of an A1 sauce type of guy on my burgers but hey)

Thats the problem.

We paid for the full package.

I guess I just value money more than others because I actually help out every year during christmas delivering care packages to people so poor and broken they can't even leave their home or buy clothes/food for themselves.

So when I see something that could be improved money wise I usually go about being as cost effective as possible. 

I'm not frugile, I've bought plenty of things I enjoy or need when the time comes.

I'm just not a fool.

Neither is the OP.

And for 100 dollars, I'd hope you'd at least get a special skin for spending that much on a game upfront as a preorder.

You seem to think that this exchange only goes one way and that we're asking for too much.

100 dollars is a lot of money buddy.

Thats filling my gas tank up for a month-3 weeks straight.

Like I said, asking for an account bound title/cosmetic item you paid 100$ for is really nothing at all other than a simple flick of wrist by the company.

I for one support it because I'll be stuck playing tamer so I can have a wep for ninja when it comes out on NA and I'd love to have my costume on the character I actually want to play instead of the chibi girl.

Oh and on the subject of the 2,500 in game currency.

They could remove it for all I care, If I want to buy cash shop currency I'll gladly buy it myself.

As long as the costumes and skins are account bound I'll gladly spend more money on the game if I enjoy it.

See no issue there at all.

agree with this fine gentelman.

Posted

wut? Ninja & Tamer have the exact same weapons? :o

Posted (edited)

I wonder what the response would be if this "unique" armor became buyable on the cash shop a year after release. Or perhaps the package itself were to drop by half after the closed beta test and everything but the CBT would continue to be included. I've seen that happen often on early access packages.  One minute it is 100 bucks and the next is it is 50 and the only difference is that you did not get into the CBT.

This happend in both Dragon's Prophet and Archeage. The "unique" costumes and features were placed behind 100$ + packages that were the only way of obtaining these items and before that all of those 100+ dollar packages dropped almost half and gave these unique items to anyone for a lot less.

Edited by Garick

Posted

This happend in both Dragon's Prophet and Archeage. The "unique" costumes and features were placed behind 100$ + packages that were the only way of obtaining these items and before that all of those 100+ dollar packages dropped almost half and gave these unique items to anyone for a lot less.

Posted

I voted that I don't care :3 Just like that! Boom.. Hope that DAUM will focus on PvP Balancing the most ~

While I respect your opinion on PVP balance and share the same feeling, preorder bonuses and the PVP balance are for sure two separate teams. I think all issues are important because in the end having multiple great things instead of one is better. :) 

Posted (edited)

How about this, We get 1 costume, but we can use it account wide, as in.... If im done playing with my valk, i can unequip the costume and send it to my alt for use

I would actually agree to that but the problem is I doubt PA implemented the codes for that....

Plus, there are MANY MANY publishers who ended up re-releasing "exclusive" items. I wonder if we as consumers can sue them for false advertising if that happens?

Edited by Seishikin