• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Energy Family Wide?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be a bit better and less hassle to have Energy Max and Energy itself family wide?

I for one hate the idea of filling all my char slots with alts just for energy and then go and park them or go to nodes and invest with them, because it's detrimental to my main to waste his energy on something that doesn't give skill and such?

EDIT: Obviously make the Energy Pool bigger than it is now, multiplied by number of default count of char slots on account (or total, to keep their value). Just don't force me to make chars I would never play, just to accumulate energy on them and use that in dumps (aka energy spending which doesn't give any skill progress or anything).

Edited by Destabilizator

Posted

Energy can be restored by completing quest or resting in bed (better than nothing^_^).

Posted

Energy can be restored by completing quest or resting in bed (better than nothing^_^).

That's kinda irrelevant.

Posted (edited)

That's kinda irrelevant.

Nope, just giving an alternative option to energy refilling.

Edited by Sparkyte

Posted

Nope, just giving an alternative option to energy refilling.

That's still irrelevant, it can never match refill of your main + alt army, especially when you can park the alts at spots you want to burn their energy on.

Posted

That's still irrelevant, it can never match refill of your main + alt army, especially when you can park the alts at spots you want to burn their energy on.

Can you log into multiples at the same time?

Posted

Can you log into multiples at the same time?

No, but energy regens while offline, albeit slower, but still.

Posted (edited)

No, but energy regens while offline, albeit slower, but still.

You'll find it incredibly impossible to burn through four character's energy on a burn cycle. Unless you're purposely hold down all your energy in fishing. If you set it to 3-4 and idle fish you'll get a good hour or 2. As you level your energy should increase. Not sure what the max is.

Edited by Sparkyte

Posted

I like to spend 100 energy per rod cast.

Posted

I'd also would find it fun for energy to be shared in the family. But I understand and hope this won't happen. I would just create random characters and lvl them up to get fast energy no? (I might just be wrong but i thought it worked like that)

Posted

I'd also would find it fun for energy to be shared in the family. But I understand and hope this won't happen. I would just create random characters and lvl them up to get fast energy no? (I might just be wrong but i thought it worked like that)

You misunderstand: thats how it works now. More alts = more energy.

I agree with the OP that it would be a lot better if you get only 1x energy regeneration, not on every alt you make.

Posted

I agree with the OP except I don't think they'll do a family energy pool that is shared because it would decrease the incentive to buy character slots. If they did such a change I would support it. Otherwise, as the OP said, this requires you to build an alt army to keep up with the Jones' and that's not fun at all. 

Posted

You'll find it incredibly impossible to burn through four character's energy on a burn cycle. Unless you're purposely hold down all your energy in fishing. If you set it to 3-4 and idle fish you'll get a good hour or 2. As you level your energy should increase. Not sure what the max is.

Umm the very first investment into any node is 10 energy. I can pump in as much as I have (no idea if there's a cap), it doesn't give any skillpoints but upgrades the node so me and my workers have better loot in the area.

There are so many burns for energy :-)

Posted (edited)

Umm the very first investment into any node is 10 energy. I can pump in as much as I have (no idea if there's a cap), it doesn't give any skillpoints but upgrades the node so me and my workers have better loot in the area.

There are so many burns for energy :-)

Very good statement, but this is necessary to prevent aggressive progression in a game. Should a player be far more successful than you because he can dump his energy at a faster rate? Think about the mechanics, they are there to force you to do other things than play the game one way grinding it out . You need that to be expendable.

Edited by Sparkyte

Posted

Useless thread... THATS WHY 100EURO PACK have +3 char slots... AT THIS MOMENT, ITS VALUABLE... so dont -----ing ask for changes, if we have crafting, gathering, processing etc that use energy...

its not themepark, its sandbox, and you should be able to craft anything you want, and specialize ur characters in many diffrent ways, not just one main, that can do everything

big NO, for this idea.

Posted (edited)

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, do not make this type of a change.

For the people having problems burning through energy, here's what you can do.

Early on and even later in the game, your character's energy pools can be burned on leveling areas you put contribution points into. This increases the droprate of items there (gathered or otherwise). Once you get to this level of management, you can easily burn through all of your other character's energy pools.

Also, as @Ravalion mentions, crafting burns energy. If you're one of those, "I want to do it all by myself," people, you need that energy to do all of the crafting.

Finally, as stated back in a diary post, you can bottle up your energy to use later. Yes, these all make it so there's manual intervention, but there are ways to benefit from each character having their own energy pool, and it's vital to have once you hit 50 and are grinding non stop, or want to hit top tiers of crafting in multiple practices.

As for the alts, they're nice for several reasons.

Resetting knowledge,

Talking to an NPC to find someone on the map to go kill.

Playing one Amity game you might need to repeat over and over again.

You can then do all of these easily, while your main character can just stay in their current location to grind grind grind, instead of having to travel back and forth across the world.

And, if you don't want alts to have to do all of these things, roll one character, and no alts.

Edited by Slaqor

Posted

Wouldn't it be a bit better and less hassle to have Energy Max and Energy itself family wide?

I for one hate the idea of filling all my char slots with alts just for energy and then go and park them or go to nodes and invest with them, because it's detrimental to my main to waste his energy on something that doesn't give skill and such?

agreed, i will literally have alts just for energy like everyone else will... which is going to be a annoying and seems like a poor game mechanic....

Useless thread... THATS WHY 100EURO PACK have +3 char slots... AT THIS MOMENT, ITS VALUABLE... so dont -----ing ask for changes, if we have crafting, gathering, processing etc that use energy...

its not themepark, its sandbox, and you should be able to craft anything you want, and specialize ur characters in many diffrent ways, not just one main, that can do everything

big NO, for this idea.

seems like you want the game to be p2w and why so angry at someone just for making a suggestion?

For the people having problems burning through energy, here's what you can do.

Early on and even later in the game, your character's energy pools can be burned on leveling areas you put contribution points into. This increases the droprate of items there (gathered or otherwise). Once you get to this level of management, you can easily burn through all of your other character's energy pools.

thx for an informed response since most of us havent actually played at level 50 but it still seems like family wide energy would still be a better option with faster energy restore rates and a bigger cap.  because realy, who wants to level 5 alts so we can make more money/craft? Feels like the same problem in WoW were people would have 10 alts on one server so they make a bunch from money from daily rewards from 11 garrisons every day

Posted

Some posters seems to misunderstand my proposition, let me clarify:

Make the Energy pool family wide and make it as big as how many characters slots the basic account has (I have Conq package) or even multiply it by number of char slots, to keep the value of the slots.

All my beef is with having stupidly relog to chars I'd never even make otherwise, just to walk them somewhere and use their energy. I have no problem of burning energy (idk how someone figured that out from my OP).

Posted

Some posters seems to misunderstand my proposition, let me clarify:

Make the Energy pool family wide and make it as big as how many characters slots the basic account has (I have Conq package) or even multiply it by number of char slots, to keep the value of the slots.

So, what you're saying is you want all characters energy in one?

So if under current implementation I have 150 energy. Now, I also have 7 character slots. I'd have a pool of 1050 energy to spend across all of my characters total? I could blow it all on one or spread it out?

You'd then have to change regeneration rates completely, or it becomes easy to abuse with the things you can do while afk since the online/offline regeneration rates are different.

If your only beef is with is having to character swap, you haven't seen how much time it saves you in the grand scheme of things with the things you can do with alts as I mentioned above. Running around with one character everywhere is a lot of grinding time you're wasting. Yes, char swapping is too, but it's quicker than running around when you need to.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0