• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

energy required to chat? really?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

i think this is awful design. i do not mind energy being used for everything else, slows me down some but that is cool. 

but for chatting? really? i understand that it is a great way to stop any spammers, but why dont the devs just make a separate number that is kept track of for chatting? and keep that number separate for the energy required for game tasks.

what does everybody else thing? this is really awful game design imho

Posted

I'm not going to miss the flood of redundant Alienware crap or guild recruitment ads. The more people in local chat, the better.

I think it's a good decision.

3 people like this

Posted

i understand that it is a great way to stop any spammers,

Exactly.

3 people like this

Posted

ok. so you would not prefer to have some other kind of resource like called 'community' that would be its own resource that got used up as you chat, and slowly replentish like energy. so still keep spam down but allow you to play the game and not have to worry if you wasted a precious energy because you made a comment ? maybe i am the only one who dislikes how this mechanic currently works

Posted

I find it to be quite okay, there's no need to spam general chat anyways. And its because that energy is precious that the system is efficient ! Local channels / whisps / guild chat / party channel are the solutions for you to chat without restrictions.

Posted

You are only unable to chat if you have zero energy, it doesn't cost energy to comment.
Took me off guard at first also ;)

Posted

hey so wait a minute. maybe i was not paying attention in game. are you saying that if i have 7 energy and i make a comment in global chat i will still have 7 after i make the comment?

and that the only thing that will stop me from making a comment in general chat is if i have 0 energy . . . i gotta try that. although that sounds even sillier than what i thought was happening. oh well. have fun all.

Posted

i think this is awful design. i do not mind energy being used for everything else, slows me down some but that is cool. 

but for chatting? really? i understand that it is a great way to stop any spammers, but why dont the devs just make a separate number that is kept track of for chatting? and keep that number separate for the energy required for game tasks.

what does everybody else thing? this is really awful game design imho

you must be enjoying the:

kappa

kappa

kappa

123 123 123

by having it cost energy it has actual meaning in the world. the global chat should be respected, and of course this cant be done, but it does push things into that direction.

Posted

I like that system .... they can make it more expensiv .. I am okay with it ...

Posted (edited)

ok. so you would not prefer to have some other kind of resource like called 'community' that would be its own resource that got used up as you chat, and slowly replentish like energy. so still keep spam down but allow you to play the game and not have to worry if you wasted a precious energy because you made a comment ? maybe i am the only one who dislikes how this mechanic currently works

whoah dude, stop talking common sense.  Wait, is there a cash shop item that replenishes energy or speeds up it's replenishment?  If so, then I guess we have the answer.

Edited by illgot
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm pretty sure I am going to find this to be a feature after launch & folks actually want their energy for other purposes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly, I don't. You can still chat in /say /guild /group ect for free, but if you decide to say something to ALL OF US (like <Derp> still recruiting blah blah), you pay for it.

I LOVE this system. YOu should have seen all the "WoW is better" spammers yesterday after they realized trolling costs them energy.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is an amazing feature. Not only because you can stop spamming generally, also all the nonsense about Chuck Norris, yours and my mother and so on. People in this day and age are way to talkative (I mean they talk way too much crap ;) ).

Edited by Doppelganger

Posted

Exactly.

that's it. So don't change that!

Posted

Even if they made a, "separate number", this is humanity we speak'th of. We art' thy' sinners that have thee' option to choose if we shalt sin or not.

In all seriousness, I personally am all for it. Every mmorpg I've played so far that had some sort of cross channel/world chat system, people would be using it for conversations that could have been kept in party chat. To make it worse is when they use it, right next to each other. The only good thing that I ever saw come from it was watching people's suffering from the drama that arose that didn't involve me. <3

Posted (edited)

I don't see why it needs to be tied to the game's economy. Just put slow mode on. You can say a message in global every 2 minutes. Or alternatively, you can't speak in global until you're post level 40 or whatever. Alternatively to that alternative, create separate restrictions for chatting other than the same system used for everything else.

Or, hell, at least inform people before they use the chat that it will cost them energy.

To clarify, I agree with the idea, but it's executed wrong in my opinion.

Edited by cheddar
1 person likes this

Posted

I like this decision. Once the game gets going, these energy points will be a bit more valuable since we're all going to be doing stuff so I think the channel chat will be pretty clean and maybe even possibly useful. Right now we all have plenty of energy, so there are plenty of people willing to spend a couple of points to mess around and be trolls on the chat but long-term I think this will prove to be a good decision. 

Posted

Yup I like this system too. Less spam the better.

Posted

Or, hell, at least inform people before they use the chat that it will cost them energy.

It doesn't cost energy, try it yourselves. you just can't use chat if you have zero energy

Posted

I don't see why it needs to be tied to the game's economy. Just put slow mode on. You can say a message in global every 2 minutes. Or alternatively, you can't speak in global until you're post level 40 or whatever. Alternatively to that alternative, create separate restrictions for chatting other than the same system used for everything else.

To clarify, I agree with the idea, but it's executed wrong in my opinion.

because then they really can't monetize chatting through their cash shop (energy renewal).

Posted

It makes people think twice about their actions.

Posted (edited)

because then they really can't monetize chatting through their cash shop (energy renewal).

Other games have done it. "Horns" that let you chat in global. Or shouts or whatever. It's been done.

Whatever, this works fine, it's just weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't cost energy, try it yourselves. you just can't use chat if you have zero energy

/thread

Edited by cheddar

Posted

Good system, i see it for the first time and im glad it's implemented

Posted

I noticed it first last night when I was trying fishing.
I used all my energy and noticed a message saying I couldn't post a comment as I had no energy.

I had a friend try and he advised it didn't use up energy, I confirmed this when my energy had gone back up.

I only presume it's to stop someone who is AFK fishing/crafting etc from auto spamming the channel.

Posted

ahhhhh ok. thanks Nagumo. i will need to check in game when i am in again. this would actually make total sense, to keep somebody afk from spamming once they hit 0. means that a 'spam bot' would have to be watched over and makes it a lot less effective.