• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My 1st Time in a Forum Thingy || "Oh Hai There" ^_^

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hiya everyone! ^_^
First time I've decided to join a forum so just throwing myself out there!
My name's John (very generic, I know), from California (no, I don't know how to surf, sadly) and just recently had my first (legal) alcoholic beverage. I'm a casual gamer that's been looking for a new game to sink my teeth into. My last MMO was Mabinogi (ancient, right?). I play League of Legends occasionally (stuck in Silver T-T), and have been dabbling into CS:GO lately while waiting for BDO to come out. Other than being a part-time game addict, I'm a through and through bookworm (anyone else read Pendragon Series?); I enjoy watching anime (OP man!) and reading manga (current favorite is ReLife), and I also read translated Chinese wuxia/xianxia novels (Wuxiaworld domination! [omg last chapter of CD is out!]); I find mythology and astronomy fascinating; I guess I'm a baby audiophile (Current Headset: V-Moda M100s); I enjoy playing nearly all sports, don't mind watching them, but not a dedicated follower of any sports; I enjoy collecting playing cards (current collection numbers around 100 different individual decks); I guess I'm a hobbyist magician (only been practicing for a few months now); my Briggs-Myers personality test result is INFP; and I should stop rambling before I tell my whole life story 9_9.
Anyways, I look forward to playing with all of you guys! I plan to main either Ninja or Blader though Warrior does look fun too. What are you guys planning to main as? I've currently been saving up to build a desktop from scratch since my laptop is dying on me :(. Hopefully I can get some sales with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up! Here's a link to my planned build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/johnsneo/saved/Z4qZxr 
Any advice or comments on the build will be very appreciated!
I'm looking for friends to play with so if you are feeling adventurous and maybe a little masochistic (just kidding...not really, but sorta...;)) feel free to leave a comment! If you see anything you liked in my introduction (games/anime/hobbies) feel free to leave a comment as well! And if you don't find anything agreeable in my introduction and thought my attempts at humor were lame, GET THE F* OUT OF HERE...jk <3 feel free to leave a comment too (let's just keep it friendly
:D) See you guys all in game!

Hobey-Ho, let's go!

Edited by johnsneo
Improving(?) content
1 person likes this

Posted

Hobey-ho, welcome to the community!

That is an impressive build you put together.
I am also a astrology addict, it is just fascinating.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the forums :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome! ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol Well dang John. Anyways its nice to see you finally made your introduction. And I cant wait to play Black Desert with you and everyone else. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hobey-ho, welcome to the community!

That is an impressive build you put together.
I am also a astrology addict, it is just fascinating.

Thanks for the welcome FliP! I got a lot of help from my friends when coming up with a build because I'm still a newbie to the computer hardware, but I'm proud of the end result and can't wait to start putting it together. Almost can't wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Hopefully I can get some discounts on my build to relieve the load on my wallet xD. And I've always been interested in stars and the universe too! Sci-Fi novels that dwelt on outer space and space exploration were my favorite. Working in NASA or SpaceX is my dream job.

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks bOOmerDK! Nice Movember action going on there with your profile pic :P

Welcome! ;)

Thank you ITH! Is your name an acronym?

Lol Well dang John. Anyways its nice to see you finally made your introduction. And I cant wait to play Black Desert with you and everyone else. 

Lol Sots, thanks for commenting here. Go upgrade your internet speed like I wrote on your introduction! It's worse than my own potato 200-300 kbps download speed! Once I finish my build I'll get something that looks like this.

my computer vs my internet.jpg

Posted

Hiya everyone! ^_^
My name's John (very generic, I know), from California (no, I don't know how to surf, sadly) and just recently had my first (legal) alcoholic beverage. I'm a casual gamer that's been looking for a new game to sink my teeth into. My last MMO was Mabinogi (ancient, right?). I play League of Legends occasionally (stuck in Silver T-T), and have been dabbling into CS:GO lately while waiting for BDO to come out. Other than being a part-time game addict, I'm a through and through bookworm (anyone else read Pendragon Series?); I enjoy watching anime (OP man!) and reading manga (current favorite is ReLife), and I also read translated Chinese wuxia/xianxia novels (Wuxiaworld domination! [omg last chapter of CD is out!]); I find mythology and astronomy fascinating; I guess I'm a baby audiophile (Current Headset: V-Moda M100s); I enjoy playing nearly all sports, don't mind watching them, but not a dedicated follower of any sports; I enjoy collecting playing cards (current collection numbers around 100 different individual decks); I guess I'm a hobbyist magician (only been practicing for a few months now); my Briggs-Myers personality test result is INFP; and I should stop rambling before I tell my whole life story 9_9.
Anyways, I look forward to playing with all of you guys! I plan to main either Ninja or Blader though Warrior does look fun too. What are you guys planning to main as? I've currently been saving up to build a desktop from scratch since my laptop is dying on me :(. Hopefully I can get some sales with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up! Here's a link to my planned build:
I'm looking for friends to play with so if you are feeling adventurous and maybe a little masochistic (just kidding...not really, but sorta...;)) feel free to leave a comment! If you see anything you liked in my introduction (games/anime/hobbies) feel free to leave a comment as well! And if you don't find anything agreeable in my introduction and thought my attempts at humor were lame, GET THE F* OUT OF HERE...jk <3 feel free to leave a comment too (let's just keep it friendly

Hobey-Ho, let's go!

Welcome :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah same personality for the Myers-Briggs ^^

Anyways, welcome!

1 person likes this

Posted

Hiya everyone! ^_^

Hobey-Ho, let's go!

Hello there John I am pleased to meet your aquaintance :). My name is Nathanael and I am from Alberta - yes I am a Canadian - I am a dedicated gamer and have been playing numerous MMOs throughout the years. I too play League of Legends periodically - however you are in much higher standing than I as you are in Silver and I am in Bronze. I am quite the video game addict as well :P. I am a major anime/manga fan - more oriented towards anime however. I am a hobbyist artist - mostly drawing anime/manga characters. My Briggs-Myers personality test result is INFJ - so high five for mutually giving a damn xD. My main will most likely be a Warrior main because I have always been more of a tank esq. player in MMOs - but that is subject to change. As far as your PC build goes it looks pretty solid man - a fair bit better than mine even :D. I enjoyed your introduction man I do hope to see you in-game post-launch. Cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello there John I am pleased to meet your aquaintance :). My name is Nathanael and I am from Alberta - yes I am a Canadian - I am a dedicated gamer and have been playing numerous MMOs throughout the years. I too play League of Legends periodically - however you are in much higher standing than I as you are in Silver and I am in Bronze. I am quite the video game addict as well :P. I am a major anime/manga fan - more oriented towards anime however. I am a hobbyist artist - mostly drawing anime/manga characters. My Briggs-Myers personality test result is INFJ - so high five for mutually giving a damn xD. My main will most likely be a Warrior main because I have always been more of a tank esq. player in MMOs - but that is subject to change. As far as your PC build goes it looks pretty solid man - a fair bit better than mine even :D. I enjoyed your introduction man I do hope to see you in-game post-launch. Cheers.

Owow John making all different types of friends. I'm impressed.

Posted

Oh hello there generic californian *laughs maniacally*. No but seriously :D , hello! I am planning to main a Sorceress. And holy baby Jesus on a stick, if I had as many hobbies as you do I would have no time for games!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you ITH! Is your name an acronym?

No, it's not :P 

Posted

yahallo john, i think we could be really good friends

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Welcome :P

Thanks! I should maybe find your intro so I can comment on it too lol.

Ah same personality for the Myers-Briggs ^^

Anyways, welcome!

Yay, fellow INFP buddy ^^ Thanks for the welcome, I hope we can get along! Are you going to be playing on the NA or EU server?

Hiya Nathanael! Although in the USA we make a lot of jokes about Canadians, it's all good, even though you produced Justin Bieber (jk, I liked his latest album). Although I rarely have been online League of Legends lately, you can add me. IGN is Copperfield. I've been more into light novels lately, followed by manga, with anime last on the list recently. I think I just got burned out from watching so much anime lately and not really finding many I'm passionate about. But feel free to share your lists of favorites; I have my fair share of favorites too (Steins;Gate, Psycho Pass, Hamatora the Animation, Fate/Stay Night OBW, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Charlotte, etc.). I tried drawing but the best I can do is copy and imitate drawings of other people. I'll include a drawing I did of Yuno from Mirai Nikki on the bottom. But yeah bro, send me a message whenever. Since our time zones are similar it should decently work out.

Oh hello there generic californian *laughs maniacally*. No but seriously :D , hello! I am planning to main a Sorceress. And holy baby Jesus on a stick, if I had as many hobbies as you do I would have no time for games!

Hai hai Secera! Yeah, dude, California is so gnarly sick rad bruh, like....yeah lol idk hahah. Sorceress looks interesting too! Has a high skill cap it seems, good luck with it! Yeah my hobbies keep me busy, but I'm sort of a renaissance man or like...jack of all trades but master of none? I have a lot of hobbies and interests, but can't really seem to find just ONE thing to tie me down lol. Are you playing in NA or EU? I'm always open to more friends ^^

yahallo john, i think we could be really good friends

Wow really? OMG me too! It must be like...fate or something. I definitely haven't known you for two years and we definitely aren't in Skype together as I write this! Yeah! Lol thanks Jenzsy :P

Here's the drawing >.<

PB230014.JPG

Edited by johnsneo
Forgot the drawing
1 person likes this

Posted

@johnsneo yeah man for sure I'll message you on here when the game launches and we can add eachother in BDO. As far as my favorite anime list goes, it is excruciatingly long haha but here are a few: Sword Art Online, Fairytail, Naruto, Bleach, Durarara, Kaze No Stigma, Darker Than Black, D. Gray-man, Mirai Nikki, etc. I'll post a few of my drawings too which include: 2 of Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, - the colored one is my pride and joy and is what I think my best work - Alan Walker from D. Gray-man, Erza Scarlet & Kellan Fernandez from Fairytail, and a tattoo drawing a friend wanted done.

14492_10201169615416773_1640040457_n.jpg

196650_3966333391047_985831184_n.jpg

1418278_10201595872352930_612666452_n.jpg

1394831_10201308666132954_851822173_n.jpg

564382_3974736801127_612716581_n.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Dayum those look GOOD! :o

2 people like this

Posted

Hai hai Sekera! Yeah, dude, California is so gnarly sick rad bruh, like....yeah lol idk hahah. Sorceress looks interesting too! Has a high skill cap it seems, good luck with it! Yeah my hobbies keep me busy, but I'm sort of a renaissance man or like...jack of all trades but master of none? I have a lot of hobbies an interests, but can't really seem to find just ONE thing to tie me down lol. Are you playing in NA or EU? I'm always open to more friends ^^

EU here, no Murica :(  Heh.

Posted

Yay, fellow INFP buddy ^^ Thanks for the welcome, I hope we can get along! Are you going to be playing on the NA or EU server?

NA c: That American life~

Posted

Dayum those look GOOD! :o

haha thanks @johnsneo

Posted

NA c: That American life~

YAHOOO! We get to hang ^^. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving btw and stay safe during Black Friday >.<

haha thanks @johnsneo

The truth had to be spoken, there's nothing else to it ;)

2 people like this

Posted

@Wulfscar I appreciate your drawings! Well done.

Posted

ForumwelcomeMAID.jpg

Posted

Welcome :)