• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[OOC] The chat limit is too short

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Roleplayers are going to have a very difficult time roleplaying if they are unable to write more than 17-20 words into the chat box before they're cut off. I'm hoping that by the time the actual game is released this might be fixed, because personally, it's a game killer for me. I wouldn't have even considered spending $30-$100 on any game, no matter how good the gameplay was, if I knew that it's chat box was practically unusable to roleplay with. I've been playing the CBT2 for two days now, having put at least 16 hours into it to familiarize myself with the game, and learn it's features. The aesthetics are beautiful, the combat is filthy fun, and I've seen so many unique features in this game that I've not seen in any other MMO...BUT...that's all meaningless if I can't RP! My suggestion would be to extend the character limit per entry to maybe 300-400, which would be around 50-60 words or so. Maybe. That's still even too short for my own tastes, but it's do-able. Instead of having such a short limit per entry, perhaps add a spam filter. If someone posts too frequently, then suppress them from posting again for a certain amount of time. At least that would put some limit on trade spammers? Either way, something has to change, or else an entire community is going to be turned off to the game by something so easily remedied.

Edit: I counted! The character input limit into the chat is 100 characters. That's so low. 400 would be perfect. We'd still have to do multiple posts if you're a para-poster, but it'd be comfortable for RP.

Edited by Crow
14 people like this

Posted

Totally agree, I understand the restriction for Channel chat, but everything else, please increase the chat limit.

2 people like this

Posted

Especially party chat. If you spam at a party member, they can just drop the party. It makes absolutely no sense to have such a short limit there. I thought that maybe they were worried people would spam general with white text, but that's why I suggested that they implement another means to limit people, i.e., suppression after too many posts in too short of a time. There's another game that does it that way, and it seems to work just fine.

2 people like this

Posted

As you said, the chat limit is unusable from a roleplayer perspective.  It's simply too limited for the length of posts that would contain detail and actions. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm guessing it's because it's a Korean game, probably has to do with them needing far less characters to chat in comparison to us.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm guessing it's because it's a Korean game, probably has to do with them needing far less characters to chat in comparison to us.

Well, yeah. They use one character per word.

Posted

A thread has been made in the Suggestion forum here to garner support for expanding the chat limit. Please head over and show support for expanding the chat limit. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, I did! I saw it shortly after I created my own post.

Posted

I found myself having to write 2-3 posts just speaking regularly in cb2.

My friends and I have decided to RP in Google docs. If we meet new RPers in game, we are hoping to use Google docs as a round robin paragraph RP system. 

Text message size really needs to be fixed. As it is, we cannot RP in game. It's too cumbersome.

Posted (edited)

I'm already part of a roleplaying guild that has been preparing to set up shop in Black Desert for the better part of a year now. We've already decided that if the chat isn't adjusted to meet the needs of roleplayers, we will be using our guild forums to roleplay, or something similar. It's bad enough that there is no /e, /em, /emote, /me, etc. system implemented into the chat as of now.

Edited by Crow

Posted

Yeah this is super common with Korean MMOs. BnS is just as lackluster, maybe even worse? Same with Tera. BUT, they didn't make things just for Rpers like walk animation/darker nights so I do kinda trust them to improve on this also. 

Posted

I agree! Though I would say 700 to 1000 would be a good minimum that is more equivalent to Korean character count, maybe.

Discord chat might be a great option here, since they are making in-game overlays. Works in browser, PC & OSx app, Android & iPhone

https://discordapp.com/

Posted

I am with you in this. I hope they listen.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0