• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pvp Please no forced World PVP

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I was excited about this game , beautiful interesting world, wonderful character creator, interesting combat. I love mmorpgs, pve content, questing and end game raiding etc. I do not like pvp in any form but someone said that at 45+ you automatically get flagged for anyone to come along and attack you while you are questing? I do not like having to worry looking over my shoulder while doing my own thing or worry about being body camped by bored players who like to grief other players. I am no pvper.

Is there anyway you can setup a PVE server that requires you to flag for pvp to be attacked? IF that is not possible i will be getting a refund even though I would really like to experience this game's PVE content and end game and stories.

I am sorry if this upsets other players who like this sort of thing that I posted this but options are always better than being forced to engage in something you do not enjoy. I sure hope they will give me a refund or at least make open world pvp optional.

1 person likes this

Posted

This isn't going to change. The game is made for PvE and PvP to be together, not separate. There are penalties that discourage people from killing others. The number of times you get killed by a player will be few and far inbetween when looking at your entire time playing.

Posted

This isn't going to change. The game is made for PvE and PvP to be together, not separate. There are penalties that discourage people from killing others. The number of times you get killed by a player will be few and far inbetween when looking at your entire time playing.

I will be forced to get a refund then. I do not like be forced to be tense all the time wondering what is going to happen if i step outside when all I want to do is PVE and relax in a virtual world. I was really excited about this game too :(.  I better not start my beta test since it makes me check a box that says that i wave my 14 day withdrawl which I assume is my refund policy.

Posted

"IF that is not possible i will be getting a refund"
K bye

Posted (edited)

Just stay a low level so you do not get flagged post 45 for PK'ing.  And yes, if you check that box and launch the game, your refund policy goes out the window.  Decisions decisions.

Edited by QCP

Posted (edited)

Just stay a low level so you do not get flagged post 45 for PK'ing.  And yes, if you check that box and launch the game, your refund policy goes out the window.  Decisions decisions.

IF I stay low level then i can not do end game PVE content correct? I also think it is wrong for the company to void a 14 day return Policy for me testing their game for them, that seems shady to me.

Edited by Zerican
spelling correction.

Posted

IF it stay low level then i can not do end game PVE content correct? I also think it is wrong for the company to void a 14 day return Policy for me testing their game for them, that seems shady to me.

End game PvE is the exact same thing you did while leveling. There are no instanced raids or dungeons, only open world bosses that are zerged down. ALso you can't just stop at 45 either since any mob killing you do will work towards leveling you. After the initial PK spree that happens in these games, you shouldn't have to worry about being killed often if at all.

Posted (edited)

IF I stay low level then i can not do end game PVE content correct? I also think it is wrong for the company to void a 14 day return Policy for me testing their game for them, that seems shady to me.

I do not exactly agree with the voiding of the 14 day return policy either.  As for endgame PVE content, from what I have read, I do not think there is even endgame PVE content.  It is a sandbox MMO and not a /themepark/ one.  What I have seen for PVEr's is fishing, crafting, mining, and collecting and the like.  If you are talking about PVE content like there are dungeons, I do not even think those are in the game.

For said aspects above for PVE, you do not need to be a high level to do that stuff.  I would not even worry about being PK'd out in the wilderness anyway.  I heard the karma penalty is atrocious, so you probably will not be hunted down much if at all.

All I know is that I will be doing a lot of PK'ing sprees for the fun of it in open world.  So yea, if you do play, watch your back for me.

Edited by QCP

Posted

I do not exactly agree with the voiding of the 14 day return policy either.  As for endgame PVE content, from what I have read, I do not think there is even endgame PVE content.  It is a sandbox MMO and not a /themepark/ one.  What I have seen for PVEr's is fishing, crafting, mining, and collecting and the like.  If you are talking about PVE content like there are dungeons, I do not even think those are in the game.

For said aspects above for PVE, you do not need to be a high level to do that stuff.

The crafting I can get into if it is a good crafting system. I do like to play the market in most mmorpgs and I am pretty good at it. I love server economics, Maybe I can have fun running my own kind of "Shop" in the game. Of course if it requires me to go out in the real world to craft mine and collect ( obviously) i will get killed a lot by other players im sure which is FINE as long as I do not lose anything from it which I do not care for PVP in the first place.

Posted (edited)

The crafting I can get into if it is a good crafting system. I do like to play the market in most mmorpgs and I am pretty good at it. I love server economics, Maybe I can have fun running my own kind of "Shop" in the game. Of course if it requires me to go out in the real world to craft mine and collect ( obviously) i will get killed a lot by other players im sure which is FINE as long as I do not lose anything from it which I do not care for PVP in the first place.

That can work out for you.  Just stay near safe zones if you are being chased down I guess when collecting.  You can also get workers to collect items for you too if you are nervous of being ganked out in the wilderness.  I hear the crafting in the game is a blast so, you may enjoy that.  Also if you do join a clan or guild, you can ask a buddy to protect you in-case someone does try to attack you.

Edited by QCP

Posted

The economy is heavy restricted. The server decides what the max and min prices are for items on the AH and you cannot post an item out of that range. This makes playing the market pretty difficult and largely fruitless.

Posted (edited)

The economy is heavy restricted. The server decides what the max and min prices are for items on the AH and you cannot post an item out of that range. This makes playing the market pretty difficult and largely fruitless.

Hehe. Seems like you are always trying to rain on my parade when I try to keep looking for good in this game :) Not sure why. You probably don't want me to play because I do not like pvp probably. Not everyone likes pvp content. In my opinion pvp ruins friendships , relaxation and fun.

Looks like I can not get a refund since i downloaded the client. That is shady. Did not even realize downloading the client would remove the return policy. Guess I have no choice but try to make the best of it.

Edited by Zerican

Posted

PvE in this game is entirely solo, and the market has fixed prices. 

It's really quite disappointing. 

I can only hope they listen to player feedback enough to fix this, at least a little. 

You -probably- wont have PvP issues if you don't kill too many monsters and hit level 45. 

Or if you get close to 45, use a different character. 

Posted (edited)

Hehe. Seems like you are always trying to rain on my parade when I try to keep looking for good in this game :) Not sure why. You probably don't want me to play because I do not like pvp probably. Not everyone likes pvp content. In my opinion pvp ruins friendships , relaxation and fun.

Looks like I can not get a refund since i downloaded the client. That is shady. Did even realize downloading the client would remove the return policy. Guess I have no choice but try to make the best of it.

I simply want people to know what they are getting their selves into and not assume the game is one way, to find out that it is something they hate and then either be unable to refund or stuck complaining. I would of course prefer if people stepped out of their gaming comfort zone, but I can't force anyone to do such.

That said, the PK issue is never as bad as people think it is. In every OWPvP game I've played, each I've been pk'd maybe a handful of times in the months and years that I played them.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Looks like I can not get a refund since i downloaded the client. That is shady. Did even realize downloading the client would remove the return policy. Guess I have no choice but try to make the best of it.

Nothin' bands friends together like facing against a world ready to kill you if you don't work together. I've met great people while PvPing, enemies and allies. It's all how you go into it.

as for the refund, there was an agreement you should have prompted on the launcher. That was the point of no return if you agreed to the contract.

Posted

90% of the time people won't pk you without reason.

Posted

plz tell me your serve ri come and pk you 24/7 for not getting any informations about a game before u buy it

Posted

plz tell me your serve ri come and pk you 24/7 for not getting any informations about a game before u buy it

Information like what? The amazing crafting and trading system the game offers?

The game never advertised itself as a PvP only game. 

and come kill me plz? I might like it. 

Posted

I actually hoped there was more pvp... pk is fun in moderation.. its helps you make friends and join a guild to protect eachother... Like this hardly anybody will want to attack people.. It takes some of the fun out of the game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0