• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[RP] A ROLEPLAYING WISHLIST

217 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I actually enjoy that you can't run around in your underwear. Much as it does for us IRL, the underwear worn under your clothes are seen as like a change in tights and stockings. So you can see the ones that are with the stockings, if you wear things that show tights. Otherwise other people can see it in houses if you toggle it off. I am really enjoying that this game is a touch more modest than others. 

Oh, I guess I'm just not into modesty. Really wanted to get naked and run around in circles all day :( 

All the RP requests are about making things more realistic and opening more windows for RP. Making lingerie/swimsuit visible and wearable more places also opens windows for more RP and more realistic in terms of swimming or being near beaches. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

on the RP elements i agree ^^ always nice with more rp options

Posted

You know what i want RP wise? I should be able to ride with my friend in his wagon lol i wanna beable to ride with other people. On horse back or in their wagon

5 people like this

Posted

You know what i want RP wise? I should be able to ride with my friend in his wagon lol i wanna beable to ride with other people. On horse back or in their wagon

THIS.

1 person likes this

Posted

Full support with this entire thread but especially OP.  We need to be allowed to type a LOT more in the chat box, and have at least custom emotes via /e.  I'm sure these two features would be a quick hotfix away too! 

Posted

All my support is behind this - as an RPer and a rather veteran mmo player - I am shocked this game doesn't have these features, especially since this is like the perfect sandbox for RPers

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

Quite honestly, I would not like to have a separate RP Server. Out of my circle of friends I'm almost the only one (specifically, only one other pal of mien is into it) to enjoy RPing. And since I don't have all the time of the world on my hands I can't really afford to simultaneously have a RP and non-RP character. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one with this kind of issue/time constraint.

Why not have a dedicated RP Channel or use something like the Guest System that GW2 uses? We wouldn't be able to mash all rp'ers into one server due to language restrictions anyway. It'd be quite the mumbo-jumbo to have people rp in all kinds of languages in one place, now wouldn't it?

Aside from that: +1

Edited by Phr3nic

Posted

5000 thumbs up on this one. A beautiful and comprehensive wishlist that pretty much lays it all straight. :3

Posted

+1 for this thread! Most of these things are definitely needed!

And damn, costumes are character bound? I totally thought they'd be account bound for that price jfc.

Posted

+1 To this! And add, unless it's already a thing in the game and I've missed it, the ability to lock the doors of your house! Unless they're friends, I don't want them popping in on me while I'm RPing and griefing/trolling.

3 people like this

Posted

+1 on all of this! <3

Posted

Great post! 
But i have to say i really like the genderlock, as long as they make some kind of counterparts like Warrior and Valkyrie. If they do like that for every class i think it's better then just be able to choose gender. 

Posted

Seriously. Try making a fat or curvy witch. I dare you.

ok ok u right! , i tried to make a old female character but seems impossible ... the oldest woman i able to made is a 18 yo valkyrie , others are all children , but otherwise a old ugly witch ? why a witch should be old ? he can make something to stay young  , but if the witch is young why the wizard needs to stay old ?  a lot of asia fanservice here that's the problem ... strange to not see boobs shake

Posted

ok ok u right! , i tried to make a old female character but seems impossible ... the oldest woman i able to made is a 18 yo valkyrie , others are all children , but otherwise a old ugly witch ? why a witch should be old ? he can make something to stay young  , but if the witch is young why the wizard needs to stay old ?  a lot of asia fanservice here that's the problem ... strange to not see boobs shake

Age isn't that important to me personally. I'd like to make her look like she's 20 and not 14, but I can deal with her face being child-like. What really kills Witch for me is her body. I can't make her curvier. Her "Build" slider makes her more muscular, so her chest and arms are wider and bigger, but I can't manipulate her hips, thighs, calves, stomach or butt to the extent that'd make her body look not-pre-puberty. She looks super weird with big boobs and no fat anywhere else.

Posted

giphy.gif

Posted

+1 for all except 10 for the reason below:
10. Agreed with one exception: the gender lock. Most classes, though not all, has a male-female counterpart, and I've said this on a few other threads, that would just be a lot of work for devs to make a character f/m model with unique animations for each as they did many of the characters. Ex: Ranger has thigh physics, witch? Er...Not so much. As long as they just make the class-counterpart to the character, it would reduce the cost, make actions appear more unique, and we get more content rather than waiting ages for Daum to make a m/f equivalent for every single class ;v; 

Also as a suggestion, maybe some more parkour moves, like when someone goes through a window and all. And (though I disliked ESO, I did like this thing) stealing would be cool. On ESO, you were only allowed to steal from NPCs, so maybe we could do that too? Or even from other people *www* (too cruel probs ;v;)

Posted (edited)

Bring the tents and campfires back!! I had no idea this even existed but now I want it :P 

+1 to everything mentioned on this thread

Edited by Jido

Posted

+1!!

Posted

Thank you, Faine, for publishing yet another very important thread with key features the RP community needs! I agree with your list. The following is a slight re-formatting:

Essential Issues (Easy to implement, must have for RP)
These issues are essential because they all pertain to the communication, the very core of RP

- Custom emotes: /e.
- Improved chatbox length.
- Custom chat channels or social circles. (think Linkshells of FFXIV)
- RP Channel (I don't think the entire community will fit one channel) / Server
- Improved character and guild name limits.

Quality of Life

- Walk Toggle
- Campfires and tents
- Sitting anywhere *

Systemic, Long-Term Issues

- Remove gender and race locking
- Reduce cash shop prices, increase costume diversity and quantity
- Remove/adjust randomness from the dye system
- Numerous character creation adjustments

* Another important aspect that is absent is the ability to sit on the ground (unless I missed it) and adjusted sitting posture for some classes (fix hovering!). I really like that I can lean against anything or sit on an edge, but why can't I just sit on the ground if I want to?! This is especially important for spontaneous RP somewhere in the world, rather than a tavern for instance.

2 people like this

Posted

All great stuff +1

Posted (edited)

Thank you once again, Faine. :)  Here's some more things that would improve quality of life for the roleplayer:

1. Many chairs in the open world can't be sat in because they are too close to a table. I don't know how art works in a game. Is it possible to pull some of those chairs away from tables, specifically in taverns? Or at least in future updates, keep the chairs pulled back from tables.

2. Font in the chat box needs to be made bigger without making the UI bigger. Text is a very important tool to a roleplayer. The ability to resize the font of text would reduce eye strain. Currently, the only way to make font bigger is by maximizing the UI size, which makes everything else big on the screen, too. 

3. Add a speech bubble length slider. Chat bubbles currently only stay on the screen 3 seconds. That's not enough time to read, and negates the use of them. Chat bubbles are a quality of life feature for many RPers in player chat-heavy environments, such as large community events. Chat bubbles allow slower readers to keep up with roleplay in text-heavy environments. It also reduces eye strain when one doesn't have to read everything in the chat box and can just focus on those they are roleplaying around. 

Edited by ༼༻༒༺༽

Posted

+1 

Though I'd love to add to the list the ability to put regular armor into the costume slot. It would allow for so much more flexibility in how you end up looking in game, instead of forcing everyone into 1-2 armor sets and what ever costumes are available. And there would be no real downside.

2 people like this

Posted

I totally second this, those opttions would be great!