• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[RP] A ROLEPLAYING WISHLIST

217 posts in this topic

Posted

Idk about a dedicated sever but +1 to everything else. (I'd love to set up a little camp site!) \( o w o)/

Posted

Idk about a dedicated sever but +1 to everything else. (I'd love to set up a little camp site!) \( o w o)/

Even a dedicated channel would be nice though, I think!

Posted

Even a dedicated channel would be nice though, I think!

I can get behind and dedicated channel! \( o w o )/ 

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

bump to keep at top of list :D

Posted

OP missed a music system ala ABC implemented ;)

Even as a person who rarely participates in RP, more role-play features are always welcome!

Posted

+1 and i hope that this topic will be seen by the staff.

Posted

Please add some of these, especially the chat limit ;-;

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with you ! :)

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 from the French Roleplay community.

We need this stuff in game! 

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 From a french roleplayer !  Thank you for this initiative ;) 

Posted

+1

Posted

Signed.

I leave this link here, because it fits.

Posted

+1 from another french role player !

With a special wish for walk toggle (didn't figure out yet how i will roleplay by running near my friends talking about the weather xD) and chat limit increase !

Posted

+1

Posted

Please definitely increase the limit of text for posts. English speakers often use full sentences to communicate with each other like so, and it may take multiple, annoying spam like posts to communicate even outside of roleplay

Posted

+1

A wonderful list of much needed additions/changes

Supported!

Posted

+1 and more.  :D

Posted

Not a single one...Here is hoping this will change swiftly after the big launch swell calms.

Posted

I agree with all the points in the OP. 

I woul add to the point of the character creation that, while I am aware that the devs won't change the gender locking, it should be possible to enable all faces, hairstyles and the like so that a young wizard (just one of the populair examples) would be possible. Currently I am playing my main character as a warrior, because 1) he's younger and 2) he's a battle mage and so warrior with its fire like skills comes closest. 

Posted

/signed.

Please please care for the roleplayers.

Age of conan had given us officially dedicated RP servers and let me tell you we were a good income source for them.

Posted

I am missing a topic on housing. 

Currently, when your house is popular, it will show up in the list of available visits. This results in us roleplayers with most likely plenty of stuff in our house that we will continiously get run in by random players. 

Why not follow the Wildstar system where you can set rights (Public, neighbours only, roommates only). 
In that system if one decides to make their room public, others are able to visit it. If its private (neighbours or roommates only, only those with those rights will be able to visit it.
Roommates according to Wildstar's system is the partner you trust the most. They can actually edit stuff around in your house. Sharing houses is this way possible. 
Neighbours for Wildstar had to do with people being able to visit you and use furniture (wildstar also has garden objects which got shared through this system).

Instead of having durability on items and a buff attached to them, I would suggest adding vanity fun. A bed is to lie upon. A chair to sit upon. A chest of drawers or a wardrobe to put items away (storage), A dummy is to put armour on. A weapon rack for weapons. 
And to quote Lord of the Rings Online, a barrel with ale/beer could provide a drunk effect making you talk gibberish or randomly portal you into a place in the world (or city) because you have a hangover and don't know where you ended up at. 

We love it that we got the option for 5 residences. When you add more continents / big cities in upcoming patches, such as valencia, add another residence spot, because simply... we will buy more from the shop to fill also these houses with interesting stuff.

Items in house shouldn't give an advantage over others, but rather help out in doing things also there. 

3 people like this

Posted

Something else they really need to work on is optimization. Not everyone is sporting a GTX 970 or better. I have a GTX 960  which is not bad, but not the best either. Even when i have everything set on low, walking into a city eats my FPS like a fat kid in a candy shop (20-25 fps). Another major thing they can fix that a lot of others have been talking about is the objects popping. From what i remember of the CBT1 it wasn't too bad back then. I didn't download the CBT2 so i never played it, but with the final release it seems a lot worse. This entire thread is about how role players want more immersion. Well I'd say these would be my top 2 most wanted changes as they are the most affecting things when it comes to immersion in a game.

Posted

+1