• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[RP] A ROLEPLAYING WISHLIST

217 posts in this topic

Posted

/seal of approval

+1 walking toggle

+1 Improved chat limits

+1 more hairstyle

All of these.

Posted

+1

Posted

Please, add some of these, especially improved chat limits and walking toggle. Most of our common sentences are split in two, it feels really impratical. And I am not even talking about RP, here, regular chat is a pain already.

Posted

+1

Posted

I can wholeheartedly agree with the points submitted by my fellow roleplayers. BDO has amazing RP potential, but currently limits itself. Luckily these could all be moderately simple improvements. For me, the must-haves are:

- Custom emotes: /e.  Most every MMO has these, from WoW and GW2 to SW:ToR and LotRO. They are essential to RP.
- Improved chatbox length. This is quite self explanatory, but has been extensively elaborated on by fellow players. 
- Improved character and guild name limits. The length and lack of spaces seriously hinders positive creativity, forcing people to make up wonky or names. 

Posted

I love roleplay, but I just feel like a separate channel/server isn't really needed, at least in my case. I can understand why some people want it, though.

Gotcha.

We definitely need more haircuts, and I'm not saying more anime looking hairstyles, but more styles of short hair and such.

I can wholeheartedly agree with the points submitted by my fellow roleplayers. BDO has amazing RP potential, but currently limits itself. Luckily these could all be moderately simple improvements. For me, the must-haves are:

- Custom emotes: /e.  Most every MMO has these, from WoW and GW2 to SW:ToR and LotRO. They are essential to RP.
- Improved chatbox length. This is quite self explanatory, but has been extensively elaborated on by fellow players. 
- Improved character and guild name limits. The length and lack of spaces seriously hinders positive creativity, forcing people to make up wonky or names. 

Amen. Indeed

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 from the French Roleplay community !

Specially on points :

. A roleplaying server (or channel)
. A walk toggle.
. Improved chatbox length.
. Campfires and tents brought back !

But I'll also be happy if the rest of the points have been processed. :D

Posted

If they could adjust/add/fix all of the above and also fix the chat bleed I've been reading about in instanced houses it'd be solid.

Posted

We definitely need more haircuts, and I'm not saying more anime looking hairstyles, but more styles of short hair and such.

Yes. Yes. All the yes. Please. Yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

*Gentle nudge.*

Posted (edited)

I'm sick of seeing everyone in a full on sprint.  Make the default speed a "jog".  Then make a sprint and a walk.  Yes i know there is a walk, but it's waaay to slow. 

Brb sprinting when i want to move three feet to talk to someone.  Sprinting across the pub to get some supplies.  Sprinting into my house.

Edited by SamRothstein

Posted

I'm sick of seeing everyone in a full on sprint.  Make the default speed a "jog".  Then make a sprint and a walk.  Yes i know there is a walk, but it's waaay to slow. 

Brb sprinting when i want to move three feet to talk to someone.  Sprinting across the pub to get some supplies.  Sprinting into my house.

yeah I've seen the walk and I agree it is slow.

Posted

Add to the list sitting while fishing :D  you've got my vote for all of these!

Posted

Any news from the Staff ? 

Posted

As someone who has been roleplaying for upwards of seven years on everything from Minecraft, SWTOR, ESO, GW2, WoW and even on some more niche games, I couldn't agree more with these suggestions. 

If the gender issue is somehow resolved, and changes like these are implimented, this game has incredible potential- and I'd like to note that the Roleplaying community spends obscene amounts of money on cosmetics, name changes and the like. These additions would be worth their weight in gold, so to speak.

Posted

YES! I am not an active RP'er but oh my god yes!

Posted

the ability to walk instead of run

a way to toggle off the character staring at the camera

removal of the 'parking' sign over horses

remove age-locks, bring in more male classes and let us adjust the shape of our chars more

Posted

5. Improved character and guild name limits.
Again, probably because of the Korean alphabet I'm guessing, but the limits on these are much too short. Please increase them to at least 20, and while we're at it, would it be possible to allow more than one underscore? And to have those underscores look like spaces even if they must be underscores in the coding? The latter is quite petty, I know, but it'd be much more visually appealing. The rest is more important, however. People are going to have a very hard time coming up with unique character and guild names with the limits currently in place. This is especially so with the guilds, many of which tend to have long names such as 'The Order Of....' What I just typed there wouldn't even fit within the 10 character limit right now, let alone have enough underscores available. Whether you roleplay or not, this is a problem

Allowing space (spacebar) in names is a common thing in games. I don't see why they restricted this. 

I'm throwing in my support for all the points mentioned in your post. 

Posted

I support the following:

2.) Sometimes you just want to look cool and not run around like chicken.

3.) It's such an easy feature, it only needs to be available for "local chat".

5.) I have made some suggestions for improved naming rules in 2 other threads concerning char list and rules.

6.) That would be really awesome, since I have a few old comrades playing the game, but they are not a member of my guild.

8.) I don't see the benefit of having a random cash shop item for "cheap" instead of having the ability to buy them for a fixed price.

10.) I have noticed something similar. I mostly created small characters, but then I decided my archer should be tall. And now her head really looks too small. Also the selection of hair styles seem to strange. I can understand they don't want to make many that inherently clip with armours (especially hoods and stand-up collars. But then I thought a nice long pony tail should avoid clipping, but there is nothing really available. Even when stretching using the nodes the longest you can make is something around shoulder length. There are games with far less in-deep customization and budget that offer separation of front and back hair styles for example to allow to separate the style of the face and back hairs. Back hair is always the difficult one to create, but front hair styles should be rather easy to switch around and give the face the expression you want.

Posted

+1 all of them + trading player to player

Posted

+1 !! Definitely!

Posted

Yes x1000 !

Posted

Bump! <3