• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lighting On Hair

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure this has already been brought up, but I feel that the lighting on the hair in this game is far too bright or off somehow. I chose some subtle green/blue combination for my character's hair and am currently playing while it's the dead of night in-game and my hair is lit up like a Christmas tree. Is there any way this can be dialed back a few notches?

Speaking of lighting, sometimes during the day the lighting is also a bit absurd on the character models as well. Thankfully turning off everyone else's lanterns helps drastically, but I think you guys should go back and take a look at this because, though not game breaking, it does break my immersion a little bit.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

um.....

Edited by userOnline

Posted

I agree, my character is blonde and in the night her hair looks brighter than the sun.

Posted

I remade my hair options on all my pre-made characters to be almost no shine and two-three shades darker (i.e. blonde hair turned into darker blond hair). Didn't think too much of it at the time so I just shrugged it off, but if you try all the lightning effects in the character creation they don't turn any of my old hair styles/colors into a glow in the dark spectacle like in the world environment. Not just at night is this obvious, but certain lighting conditions indoors or even through the day cause this. Character creation weather options were supposed to help us accurately create under the different conditions in the world, but they certainly don't match.

1 person likes this

Posted

The best advice I can give you (if you haven't already spent your pearls) is to buy a 30 day appearance change coupon. Use it to adjust your character's hair until you're satisfied. Unfortunately, most colors will succumb to the glowing effect.

Posted

I believe CBT2 is indeed what it sounds like: a beta. The lighting issues will most likely be addressed before release, and if not, there will be a patch to correct the mistake they've made!

Another tip: I recall there is certainly a way to mattify hair shine - I've seen a YouTuber do it. Mess around with the settings in Create a Character.

Hopefully this helps, see you.

Posted (edited)

There is a hair shine slider, but it really doesn't help much. Without it my character's hair doesn't look dark, just... flat and liveless because sun doesn't reflect on it. My character's hair is the darkest shade of purple, but it looks like neon pink with a hue of purple during a bright day or just in a brighter light. :/

2016-02-22_137119079_zps6wttt1yq.jpg2016-02-21_110048029_zpstt5v2fke.jpg

Edited by Vix

Posted

I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling this. Thank you all for suggestions on how to remedy this problem if it persists in the full release. I guess now all we can do is play the waiting game and hope that Daum reads this and puts it into action. :)

Posted

From what I can tell, this is still a problem in the other versions of the game.
Really hoping they decide to do something about it for us. 

Posted

+1

Posted

There is a hair shine slider, but it really doesn't help much. Without it my character's hair doesn't look dark, just... flat and liveless because sun doesn't reflect on it. My character's hair is the darkest shade of purple, but it looks like neon pink with a hue of purple during a bright day or just in a brighter light. :/

2016-02-22_137119079_zps6wttt1yq.jpg2016-02-21_110048029_zpstt5v2fke.jpg

This. My character's hair is also purple. They should definitely work on fixing this, but I'm okay if they hold back on it for a while since there are many other things they should be focusing on. I just hope it gets addressed eventually.

Posted

I agree this needs to be looked into. My character had blond hair and it was like her hair had its own internal light source. I had the Valkyrie costume that has the feathered epaulet and other feathered trim on it and the feathers were also super glowy, like, to a ridiculous level. 

Posted

+1

Posted

Had this same issue. Even with all lanterns (including my own) turned off. I changed the photo filter to none or warm which helped slightly but there was still a really bad glow on my character's hair. Luckily, I purchased the 30 day appearance voucher and changed all of my hair colors to a darker shade, it really bummed me out though because I liked the colors they previously had. The character creator weather effects didn't represent how bright they would be in game at all. 

Posted

I kept seeing everyone's hair as transparent, too. I can't help but think that's just a lighting issue.

Posted

My hair was dark blue and yet it was white at night O_o Hopefully they will fix this by launch 

Posted

I assumed this was a problem on KR too. Can anyone confirm?

Also, does this problem exist on the ultra-high end mode?

Posted (edited)

I just began playing this game yesterday (i know, noob. hello) and my character had (what I thought was) medium-grey hair. I personally dislike super shiny hair- so even before reading this post I had my slider all the way to 0. Well, I get in game and my character's hair is blaring white. I am so bothered I am going back and remaking her tonight with darker hair in the hopes of fixing the issue, though this post makes me nervous that even doing that won't help. I can tell this is definitely an issue that needs fixing even after a day of play. Below is a picture of a horse, hair half in shade, half in sun. Just look at the difference. I assume the horse hair is under similar lighting properties as human hair. (note: you can also see my characters hair with another attachment for comparison)2017-03-03_249457067.thumb.JPG.db30c9171

2017-03-01_80976892.thumb.JPG.3ef22d146e

Here is a screenshot of my friend's hair while in a cave. Even if his hair was this color (it's really a kind of dark green-blue), it shouldn't look this bright in darkness.

IMG_4305.thumb.JPG.d7edb5194f70e9e16f12a

Edited by Sinevox

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0