• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Armor in the Costume Slot

73 posts in this topic

Posted

+1!

1 person likes this

Posted

This is something I'd like to see made possible as well. There is a mention of a costume coupon when reading the tooltip of items sold by the luxury trader. 

Posted (edited)

Another way that could implement this is like Guild Wars 2's old transmutation system where you gain an item that allows for you to change the look of an armour by combining the two armours together, choosing the look of one piece and the stats of the another. This could be done by making a certain item by crafting thus mixing it in with the game's resource based gameplay.

Edited by Yozora No Ryuu
3 people like this

Posted

1+ would love this :)

Posted

+1 good idea

Posted

+1 Great idea!

Posted

+1 idea.. just don't give them stats.. only for appearance. I would also pay for a cash-shop item that would allow you to turn an armor into a costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

As quoted from FFXIV playerbase:

"Glamour is the real endgame."

"Swag is a stat, yo."

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah, an item that could turn it into a costume would be a possible way to do it. I definitely agree it shouldn't add stats, but just keeping the appearance would be a huge step!

1 person likes this

Posted

This needs to happen!

Posted

I fully support this idea! +1

LotRO has an amazing cosmetic outfit system. They have a shared wardrobe where you can place any armour or outfit item and no matter the level, you can share that look with all toons on the account. Plus you can dye the items in the wardrobe, which then means that color is available to all toons also.

I do like GW2's system also, where you use the transmutation stones to make one armour/weapon look like another, and then change the color at will. The only downside to that is armour types (light, med, heavy) are not available to other (ie, my elementalist can't appear to wear plate armour) but all in all, it works well for customizing.

I actually like the armours in BDO, though I do hope we get a system so I can mix and match some pieces for a unique look, because customizing and creating a unique look is important to me, as it is to many others. As an RPer, I love having a huge wardrobe of pieces, but unless things change, I will have to settle for what we have. At the prices the cosmetic outfits are at, I don't know that I will be able to buy very many. :(

Posted

Can't you convert items into costumes? I know the outfits the Luxury Merchant had, had a tooltip says they could be converted into a costume and lose all stats.

Posted

Can't you convert items into costumes? I know the outfits the Luxury Merchant had, had a tooltip says they could be converted into a costume and lose all stats.

I thought that was only stuff like the crafted gear? I'm not sure though, that's the case, then never mind, it's all good! I just want the ability to wear the armor type I like the best regardless of which one has the best "stats".

Posted

I thought that was only stuff like the crafted gear? I'm not sure though, that's the case, then never mind, it's all good! I just want the ability to wear the armor type I like the best regardless of which one has the best "stats".

I want your char preset... Please ; - ;

Posted

I want your char preset... Please ; - ;

Ah, I'm super flattered, but it's my main character and I prefer to keep the preset to myself, sorry :/ Thank you though, it means a lot to hear that someone likes it! 

Posted

I agree, this and the option to toggle if you want to show your costume item or your armor item.  Maybe i want the ghilli suit but look like a tanky warrior... Should at least be an option.

Posted

Very nice suggestion. This would offer up even more clothing options for everyone, not just people willing to spend real $$$.

Posted

Yes I agree! +1

Posted

PREACH +1

Posted

+1

Posted

+ 1 yep, good idea

Posted (edited)

Opening up the dye system and letting you wear armour as a costume would make this the premier pretty princess dressup game on the market. I desperately want to make My Perfect Gandalf, so this is an excellent idea.

Edited by Verdan

Posted

+1. Good idea.

This is something that will make the community happy. Transmogrification in World of Warcraft encourages players to go out and collect skin designs for armors and weapons so they can create outfits, which actually allows players to have their own identity. As an artist, I also find it extremely entertaining and fun to match a variety of things together.

Why not do the same in Black Desert Online?

2 people like this

Posted

I've read somewhere about a costume voucher that turns certain armors into a costume at the cost of their stats,but I'm not confident it stretches outside its specific set of items 
(which seem to consist primarily of profession outfits) so if not it'd be nice to have something more overreaching. A game should never make light of how important it is for players to have a variety of appearance options, looks is the true end game. 

4 people like this