• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ninja vs kunoichi

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I'm having difficulties choosing my main class for NA. I know they wont be available on launch and might take a few months for those 2 classes to be released. That being said I've tried every class on kr except giants, and ninja is my favorite(haven't tried kunoichi nor plum and valk since they are similar to their counterparts). The ninja is the only class I truely enjoy followed by blader but I give a big edge to ninja. Anyways, it's hard for me to decide in between ninja and kunoichi. The thing is if I switch for kunoichi on launch I lose my right click  dash(mobility skill on 7 sec cooldown) but on the other hand I win a block. That being said I lose my q shuriken stagger which seems to be 2 big skill lost for a block. What do you guys think? Which is better, the shuriken stagger + 7sec dash/teleport however you call it or block??

Posted

It's all about your play style here.  Block allows you to control the fight in a different way and get a breather at times.  Ninja you need to understand that you don't get a breather outside of stealth, you spam you movement abilities and i-frames and don't die.  If you want something that'll be able to get a breather and maybe block to buy some time for your teammates to catch up, Kunoichi works.  Ninja has to run in and out versus that, which can be an issue.  Block is very strong.

5 people like this

Posted

It's all about your play style here.  Block allows you to control the fight in a different way and get a breather at times.  Ninja you need to understand that you don't get a breather outside of stealth, you spam you movement abilities and i-frames and don't die.  If you want something that'll be able to get a breather and maybe block to buy some time for your teammates to catch up, Kunoichi works.  Ninja has to run in and out versus that, which can be an issue.  Block is very strong.

Yea, I guess I just have to decide base on that I guess. I feel like it's hard to decide I'll just get a kunoichi to lvl 50+ and see for myself I think.

Posted

Yea, I guess I just have to decide base on that I guess. I feel like it's hard to decide I'll just get a kunoichi to lvl 50+ and see for myself I think.

If you're unsure, go with block.  It gives you more options at times.

Posted

If you're unsure, go with block.  It gives you more options at times.

What class do you main in kr if you don't mind me asking?

Posted

What class do you main in kr if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't been on KR in a couple months.  Ninja.

Posted (edited)

ninja is... love, ninja is ... life.. with alot more burst damage then kunoichi... it's really important that you know your combos before you pick a fight.  using the dash at the right time along with the teleports and the stagger shuriken gives you major advantage against ranged classes. if used and timed right, unless you are undergeared.. rip 

Edited by Aedix

Posted

Good for small PvP's, good for PvP, sucks on sieges (maybe not sucks but compared for example to ranger is weak if we consider mass PvP's like sieges), but I had so much fun hiding in the grass, crawling with my friends and ganking war tags or enemies away from their groups near siege zones, depends on you, every playstyle is different like people expectations.

Posted (edited)

I had the same issue and I think I will go for Ninja in the end. I've always had a leaning toward hyper mobile, hyper burst, assassin types and ninja seems like it fits that role more than Kunoichi. Aside from blocking, I think some other differences are that Kunoichi is a bit slower, but has more AOE. I'd like to see more comparisons between the two though

That being said, I do believe it will take NA more than "a few months". Remember they probably wont release the game until 3-4 months from now on top of not having blader/plum, on top of not having Media let alone Valencia. It already took Japan awhile to get Kunoichi, which JUST came out for them btw, and they are the closest to KR. I'm going to say it will take at least 6 months after NA release before you even see Kunoichi, and 2-4 to see ninja. You've got a loooong wait ahead of you lol

Edited by Azido

Posted

I had the same issue and I think I will go for Ninja in the end. I've always had a leaning toward hyper mobile, hyper burst, assassin types and ninja seems like it fits that role more than Kunoichi. Aside from blocking, I think some other differences are that Kunoichi is a bit slower, but has more AOE. I'd like to see more comparisons between the two though

That being said, I do believe it will take NA more than "a few months". Remember they probably wont release the game until 3-4 months from now on top of not having blader/plum, on top of not having Media let alone Valencia. It already took Japan awhile to get Kunoichi, which JUST came out for them btw, and they are the closest to KR. I'm going to say it will take at least 6 months after NA release before you even see Kunoichi, and 2-4 to see ninja. You've got a loooong wait ahead of you lol

I'm expecting a wait for the classes, that being said I have a plan to not be dragged by this, whenever it launches I will have the best gear for ninja right off the bat weapon included. 

I would like to see a more detailed difference of the 2 classes as well for exemple, ninja gets 2 skills out of shuriken while kunoichi gets a poison kunai and another aoe skill in a cone which seems to do alot of dmg. Other then that and what I previously mentioned in my first post I don't think there is much difference in between the 2 classes but I could be wrong.

Posted (edited)

I do know that Ninjas prefer Shurikens and Kunoichi prefer Kunais. So when Kunoichi releases maybe you might want to invest early in Shurikens (if you plan on going Ninja) as it will be suuuper cheap. Everyone will want Kunais at that moment. 

As for skills, kunoichi have poison on shurikens, but I don't know how effective it is at dmg. Why they prefer Kunais is because block, kunai stab which is for kunoichi only (its an extension of underbelly stab or w/e its called), and different big skills like Ilseom (the 100% rage skill), crop tendon, and moonlight blast. not sure of the exact name on that last one. Ninjas specialty is with shurkiens as they have their unique extension skill under shurikens, as you may be aware xD

Edited by Azido

Posted

I honestly prefer ninja over kunoichi, the block may come in handy, but Ive always liked moving fast enough where I barely get hit and if you're biggest point on playing as kunoichi is blocking then you probably shouldn't use an assassin class because assassin classes are about high damage and high speed. It all matters on you're playing style though, this is just my personal opinion. 

Posted (edited)

I prefer kunoichi becaues in other games i'm not too good with using moving iframes (dodges). Im better with stationary iframes (blocks).

though I'm not terrible at using dodges, i am going to lag a bit in timing (irl finger movement) compared to a dodge. pressing shift+wsad is slower for me lol compared to q.

Edited by Tryusta

Posted (edited)

its seems that some ppl forget something .... ofc the dash of the ninja is nice 2 have but for what ? ... dashing to meeles who running away from you ?.. ok... but the range classes (ppl think the dash is good for) have skills where they can double/tripple/spamable jump/port away from you as fast as you can dash ... so if u have cd on that what are u doing if they are to far away ? running ... not the best choice in my opinion ... kuno blocks aoe/range attacks everytime you want/need them to protect you in the situation where u cant get close enough ... = 1point kuno

to the more burst opinion ... it dosn´t count as kuno/ninja ... cuz the important thing is your cc combo rotation of kuno/ninja where u cant use all of your burst skills, if you do so you give your enemy the chance to escape from you ...

the 100% black spirit skill from the kuno (4 times aoe stun  with a huge radius) vs a 2 hit aoe stun + front cleave is another point for the kuno

shuriken stagger with shuriken vs 15% attack/castspeed slow & tripple sting combo & free heartseaker if good timed (most powerfull kuno/ninja nonspirit skill ) as counter from blocking (all 3 only usable with kunai) ... should i rly say something about that ? ...

i play booth on kr and as an pvp´er its defintly the kuno & the ninja for pve

its like every other mmo ...

1. anti/break cc
  2. cc/heal
  3. agility
  4. and then comes dmg

(cc = crowd control)

Edited by Tanades
1 person likes this

Posted

its seems that some ppl forget something .... ofc the dash of the ninja is nice 2 have but for what ? ... dashing to meeles who running away from you ?.. ok... but the range classes (ppl think the dash is good for) have skills where they can double/tripple/spamable jump/port away from you as fast as you can dash ... so if u have cd on that what are u doing if they are to far away ? running ... not the best choice in my opinion ... kuno blocks aoe/range attacks everytime you want/need them to protect you in the situation where u cant get close enough ... = 1point kuno

to the more burst opinion ... it dosn´t count as kuno/ninja ... cuz the important thing is your cc combo rotation of kuno/ninja where u cant use all of your burst skills, if you do so you give your enemy the chance to escape from you ...

the 100% black spirit skill from the kuno (4 times aoe stun  with a huge radius) vs a 2 hit aoe stun + front cleave is another point for the kuno

shuriken stagger with shuriken vs 15% attack/castspeed slow & tripple sting combo & free heartseaker if good timed (most powerfull kuno/ninja nonspirit skill ) as counter from blocking (all 3 only usable with kunai) ... should i rly say something about that ? ...

1. anti/break cc
  2. cc/heal
  3. agility
  4. and then comes dmg

(cc = crowd control)

Which of the two classes have you been more succesful in when it comes to PvP. And would you care to share your build? 
Armor / Crystals / Weapons and Skills you prioritise.. Would be cool to get more input from other players on both classes. Not many people talk about it here or on the reddit.

Posted

Which of the two classes have you been more succesful in when it comes to PvP. And would you care to share your build? 
Armor / Crystals / Weapons and Skills you prioritise.. Would be cool to get more input from other players on both classes. Not many people talk about it here or on the reddit.

in what you quoted he says, "i play booth on kr and as an pvp´er its defintly the kuno & the ninja for pve"

i love this discussion and would love to hear more from experienced players as well. thanks for all the insight so far

Posted

will the ninja class be available at launch?

Posted (edited)

1. anti/break cc
  2. cc/heal
  3. agility
  4. and then comes dmg

(cc = crowd control)

yeh, cause it's a lot better to just stand still like a sitting duck with your block instead of actually geting close to the ranger/wizard

the extra dash that the ninja got might be good to just run around and wait for cooldowns

but hey i've never played ninja or kunoichi so idk

Edited by Kotlett

Posted

Looks like the awakenings of both classes will be vastly different, so choose wisely.

Posted

I wanted to bring this thread back up, to possibly see if any other kunoichi/ninja players can provide more insight on these classes, and possibly optimal endgame gear setup + priorities (including crit vs attk spd)?

Posted

I wanted to bring this thread back up, to possibly see if any other kunoichi/ninja players can provide more insight on these classes, and possibly optimal endgame gear setup + priorities (including crit vs attk spd)?

go for full grunil gold and little by little you can start preparing armor boss set. I dont know why people say ninja is for PVE ninja can move as he want going in and out of battle, and as a lot of iframes with dashes but with kuno you have block which is also good but remember you cant block forever and when your stamina is over your pretty -----ed up.

Posted

go for full grunil gold and little by little you can start preparing armor boss set. I dont know why people say ninja is for PVE ninja can move as he want going in and out of battle, and as a lot of iframes with dashes but with kuno you have block which is also good but remember you cant block forever and when your stamina is over your pretty -----ed up.

Thanks for the info! Why grunil? Would taritas (head/top) or heve (shoes/gloves) (which I have +15's of) be close to end game? I was hoping I could save at least a little bit of money by using some of the same armor I'm currently using.

Posted

Thanks for the info! Why grunil? Would taritas (head/top) or heve (shoes/gloves) (which I have +15's of) be close to end game? I was hoping I could save at least a little bit of money by using some of the same armor I'm currently using.

yes its also good but full grunil gives you more gems choices, i am running full grunil gold and +5 x2 damage reduction gems, 50 hp x2 gems in helmet, 2x adamantine battlefield in boots and 2x attack speed in gloves so in totally the bonuses are:

7 Ap

250 hp

18 damage reduction

50% knockdown + 10% stun/stiffness resistance

4 attack speed

So you see the bonuses are very good for almost every class and you can switch/change gems depending on your game style. 

1 person likes this

Posted

yes its also good but full grunil gives you more gems choices, i am running full grunil gold and +5 x2 damage reduction gems, 50 hp x2 gems in helmet, 2x adamantine battlefield in boots and 2x attack speed in gloves so in totally the bonuses are:

7 Ap

250 hp

18 damage reduction

50% knockdown + 10% stun/stiffness resistance

4 attack speed

So you see the bonuses are very good for almost every class and you can switch/change gems depending on your game style. 

What armor combination would you recommend if I didn't want to go full gruil, but some combination of grunil / taritas (helm/body) / heve (shoes/gloves)?

Also another question: 5 attk spd or 5 crit, or both if possible (if both, which is priority?) ?

Posted

What armor combination would you recommend if I didn't want to go full gruil, but some combination of grunil / taritas (helm/body) / heve (shoes/gloves)?

Also another question: 5 attk spd or 5 crit, or both if possible (if both, which is priority?) ?

if you have liverto you can run 4 attack speed on gloves and 1 crit and 1 attack speed on weapon and plus the 3 from liverto you will have 5 attack speed and 4 critical and the critical you can cap it with the serendia special