• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

do you want this game to die?

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i have literally not seen a single thread where a person that was actually asking questions about the game got flamed.

if you're talking about all the casual whales suggesting to add more p2w into the game....well ----- off we don't need you here!

btw. i really hope that study is fake. that's just common sense.

Edited by Frosti

Posted

I don't want this game to die, I just want most of the people on these forums to.

Yes as an adult people should know what manners are right? :)
Why act like a child online when you don't elsewhere? Do you randomly go up to people asking for directions and tell them to google it, or research before they visit another place? Or do you nicely decline them help? Honestly this is why MMOs still have to baby us because even adults act as though they need someone to tell them "No" when the do something they should know is wrong.

The example you're using here is wrong. We are not speaking to each other in the street asking for directions. We are communicating on a message board via the internet. Literally a database containing all of the answers that these people are looking for. This works more like case law rather than a conversation in a street. The answers are already there for you, just look for them.

Here's the issue, I do not support stupidity. I use stupidity to fight stupidity, because stupid people doesn't understand logic and facts. It's a waste of time to seriously try, so I rather just troll them or vent my anger. It's good for your health to vent anger every now and then after all.

You're fighting cancer with cancer. Now you have two tumours rather than one. Two negatives make a positive...right?

Posted

You're fighting cancer with cancer. Now you have two tumours rather than one. Two negatives make a positive...right?

haha, heck yeah :D

Posted

A lot of you are very rude. Someone disagrees with you and theyre "-----ing stupid". Someone has feedback, the community response is leave.

So if youre not a fanboi, tits or gtfo.

New people post a question about the game and the community response is, google it moron, cant wait until you quit. With stupid people playing like you, this game will be easy.

It is called manners and etiquette. This game needs bodies, it needs people to play. Show some manners. You dont even have to be helpful. Just dont say anything if it bothers you.

As other people have said, would you tell a stranger get lost if they asked for directions, or google it, do your own research idiot?

Tldr: There are studies that show, the harder it is for a person to get assimilated into a community/group of people, the more likely they will avoid or leave that community/group of people. Manners, respect, and etiquette are common traits among adults even on the internet, use them.

It's online tough kid syndrome, you know, those people that are bullied in real life, too scared to stand up for themselves so they act tough online where they feel safe behind their screens. It's pathetic but what can we do?

Posted (edited)

do you want this game to die?

I will tell you that 100% of these negative, piece of sh*t, people will answer with the following:

"No, of course not! I care so much about his game, I want it to succeed but...(**insert negative comment about the game here**)."

It's funny, you see these same justifications and comments occur in domestic violence court cases.  "I don't want to hurt my wife.  I love her so much!  I care so much, that is why it infuriates me and I get out of control and just have to punch her face in."  

In my eyes, these two situations involve the same type of people.  The same rationalization used in different contexts.  Think about it.  

Edit: to be honest, this brings up another thought that many of you people don't even think about.  You need to think about who you are arguing against.  Videogames transcend race and economic situation.  Many of you are well aware that you're playing online games with kiddies living in their mother's basements.  You know who else you're playing online games with?  Shitty mothers and fathers who spend more time in a game than with their families.  Convicts and ex-convicts who have an internet connection.  Drug addicts who use internet as another means to escape reality.  This game is filled with good people, but also filled with the shittiest people of our society.  It can't surprise us that we see the same arguments here on a forum, that we do on Fox News or Judge Judy to justify a murder or violence.  You are playing with those same people.  

Edited by AlMcFly

Posted

It can be interpreted that we are rude, but it's just that we're tired of hearing the same questions repeated over and over again. 

Why don't these new people simply use the search function of the forums or google their simple question, but no. They have to post a question that's been answered hundreds of times. Other times we get pissy because people who are obviously new are suggesting things that are just flat out stupid sometimes.

Why don't you simply NOT reply? Taking a minute to point out that someone is a moron takes exactly as much time as taking a minute to actually answer the question. If you're TRULY concerned about your time being wasted, roll your eyes and close the tab / leave the thread.

Posted

Why don't you simply NOT reply? Taking a minute to point out that someone is a moron takes exactly as much time as taking a minute to actually answer the question. If you're TRULY concerned about your time being wasted, roll your eyes and close the tab / leave the thread.

That's goes towards the people who DON'T take the minute to simply search things as well. So I have to use my time to answer someone's question when they could have done it themselves?

1 person likes this

Posted

These are the typical intimidation tactics used by (emotionally) immature people and have been since the dawn of the Internet.  People see a forum and think it gives them a right to make demands and fling threats at the developers.  It doesn't.  If you don't like the way the game is made, go play another.  There are more than enough of us happy with the way things are to keep this one going for a LONG time to come.

Posted

I don't want this game to die, I just want most of the people on these forums to.

The example you're using here is wrong. We are not speaking to each other in the street asking for directions. We are communicating on a message board via the internet. Literally a database containing all of the answers that these people are looking for. This works more like case law rather than a conversation in a street. The answers are already there for you, just look for them.

I personally don't have an issue, I only ask questions when I literally cannot find it on any sort of avenue and that is after a few hours or days of search for some viable information, and my example does stand. With everyone having smartphones or at least access to them (the same as someone with a computer and basic browser knowledge) they can easily search it themselves, but not everything people search will bring up answers because not everyone knows how to word a search for the most results thus they make 'stupid' threads asking the same question over and over again. I normally just paste the answer from another thread or the search link with different things to search. I know I can be an ass when it comes to that but people are so unhelpful here, it's like every game I go to since I started playing MMOs has slowly gotten worse when it comes to people asking questions. Not everyone plays the foreign version first, and not everyone learns or thinks the same way.

Posted

No, I want this game to thrive and to have a very long life.

In order to achieve that DAUM needs to keep freeloaders away by never chosing a F2P model.

Posted

Every mmo related forum I've ever visited has been rife with contention, trolls and insults - this one just seems worse because of how poorly moderated it is. 

Posted

i have literally not seen a single thread where a person that was actually asking questions about the game got flamed.

if you're talking about all the casual whales suggesting to add more p2w into the game....well ----- off we don't need you here!

btw. i really hope that study is fake. that's just common sense.

haha ikr, but whats common sense one place is not common somewhere else. Take cannibalism for example.

Posted

Not if they increase combat XP payout like in KR version

Posted (edited)

Here's the issue, I do not support stupidity. I use stupidity to fight stupidity, because stupid people doesn't understand logic and facts. It's a waste of time to seriously try, so I rather just troll them or vent my anger. It's good for your health to vent anger every now and then after all.

62447474.jpg

Edited by Glitch

Posted

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The forums really need to be moderated like how GGG moderates the path of exile forums-- to where you're banned from them if you're a hostile-- because obviously people cannot and will not control themselves, and hide behind their computers and cut others down to make themselves feel better. 

It's gonna turn out to where all these rude individuals will push out everyone else, you're right-- that and along with how greedy the cash shop is, there won't be many people left to play this game: and when a new person joins, they'll probably quit if the community remains this rude... that means the game will for sure die, and probably fast.

I have no faith in anything improving though, it will all probably get worse to the point to where people like us that do care about the community, will give up and go someplace else after a time.

Posted

No, I want this game to thrive and to have a very long life.

In order to achieve that DAUM needs to keep freeloaders away by never chosing a F2P model.

They're already half way there. We are a B2P game with F2P prices. 6 months down the line this game will be F2P. History repeats itself

Posted

"you can't expect much from gamer forums."

Posted

While I expect a certain level of civility and respect out of the community in general. I have to play devil's advocate and say this:

If a game dies because of something I've said, or a group of people said in the forums. It wasn't strong enough of a game to stand on its own and it should die, and die quickly. Great games are great games. We didn't have a community forums for Super Mario Bros. 3 when it sold over 20 million copies in 1991. It was good because it was good.

What you all are seeing here in negativity is the same story in many other games. Trolls. People stiring up the pot in a game they envy because they can't afford it, can't run it, or its stealing people and killing the game they do like. When a game requires you to have logged in once, just to post on the forums. The general quality of their discussions goes way up.

You still have people that disagree, but you don't see the one word/sentence troll responses like you do in open forums.

Close the forums to players of it (especially once this game goes live). Send the trolls to reddit.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's goes towards the people who DON'T take the minute to simply search things as well. So I have to use my time to answer someone's question when they could have done it themselves?

If you're just going to complain about them asking the question, it applies to you. And no, you're not required to respond, nor to answer their question.

I totally agree with you that it can be infuriating, I get it at work, and if someone comes to me with a question that makes it painfully obvious that they haven't even TRIED to find an answer for themselves, I tend to send them away (Diplomatically, it is work after all) with instructions to Google for 5 minutes before coming back to me. I totally get it.

What I don't get it spending time telling someone how much they're wasting your time. They're not wasting your time, you're wasting your own time by responding. Just ignore it, exit the thread, let it vanish into page 2+, you've saved both time and your own sanity, a massive plus in my book.

Posted

In fact more than 90% of the players of almost any game do not use the forums, nor official, neither the fan made. So no matter how rude or polite are the people here, that will not affect the game in general. If the number of the players falls, that will be due to the game's issues, and vice versa, if it rises, that will be caused of the good gameplay. What we are talking here or in any other forum really does not matter.

Posted (edited)

It can be interpreted that we are rude, but it's just that we're tired of hearing the same questions repeated over and over again. 

Why don't these new people simply use the search function of the forums or google their simple question, but no. They have to post a question that's been answered hundreds of times. Other times we get pissy because people who are obviously new are suggesting things that are just flat out stupid sometimes.

I dunno, you could maybe, or possibly ignore them or say nothing at all without calling be Autistic for every little -----ing thing

on here they ask? Ya could poooossssiiibly not comment at all.

Strange and crazy idea! But it just might work. [I mean this post in general btw.]

Edited by Relm

Posted

Tricks to surviving on forums.

-> Do a quick search on the forum if you have a question.

-> Know that not everyone is going to agree with you and be ok with that.

-> Know when to walk away from a topic or conversation. 

-> Know when to not respond to a topic or conversation at all. 

-> Don't take yourself to seriously.

-> Have a little self control. 

-> Block/ Ignore feature is your friend if you really need it.

Not everyone is going to agree with you or like what you say. Some people are gonna call you names and insult you. Some people are going to make jokes or try to turn you into a meme. MOST of them don't actually mean legit harm. They're just messing around. (Hell most of the time when people end up insulting each other it turns into a joke.) You just gotta learn to be ok with it and if you really can't. Well, the Block/ Ignore feature is there for a reason. At the end of the day YOU are in control over how you experience the internet and these forums. So stop expecting people to change themselves for you and take control over your own experience

Forum reality

-> If you have a question flood the forums with threads.

-> Force everyone to agree with you.

-> Argue until they agree with you. 

-> Leave a Gif. 

-> Respect my Authoritah.

-> Be impatient and demand answers. 

-> Block/ Ignore people when you don't get your way.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0