• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Force the information - Cash Shop

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@ Noth: this is simply an opinion for those who are not happy about the current situation, obviously this is not directed to the people who played the kr version and are happy with the way cash shop works.

@ others: I have no clue what makes people go and comment to something they obviously have no intrest in but waste time anyway with memes... or some broken poop jokes, pity.

edit: @ scout: No i dont want for them to make something on the spot... read the posts, i want them to submit ideal for the cash shop :) 

no, most b2p are not rushed product with no info on how things will work (future changes are a different thing).

Edited by pidish

Posted

wow.
OP, did Daum kick you in the nuts or why are you throwing that tantrum?
what if Daum were to tell you all their plans with the cash shop on release, and change it to the worse just 1 week later?
how often did we hear in interviews how MMORPGs will be and how their cash shop won't be P2W, and yet games and their cash shops turned out completely different?

if you're doubtful, that's fine.but trying to push your ideas onto others?

i pre-ordered full well knowing that the cash shop contents and other gameplay related changes may happen that i will/not be happy with.

Posted

I don't know why you guys are bashing him so much. He has good points on why you should CONSIDER to refund. All I see you guys do is bash him for wanting to rush the cash shop details when all he ask for is AN IDEAL of what the cash shop is going to become (like the main future goal of the cash shop I'm assuming). All I see is you guys bashing him for some different reasons due to misinformation or lack of understanding. 

Posted

I don't know why you guys are bashing him so much. He has good points on why you should CONSIDER to refund. All I see you guys do is bash him for wanting to rush the cash shop details when all he ask for is AN IDEAL of what the cash shop is going to become (like the main future goal of the cash shop I'm assuming). All I see is you guys bashing him for some different reasons due to misinformation or lack of understanding. 

We have an idea of how Daum is doing the cash shop (vanity and convienience items). What we don't have is details, and doing what he says will not get those details any faster and probably only lead to empty promises that would just upset him more when they turn out to not be true. You cannot force information that is not ready yet.

Posted (edited)

@shadonic: I have stated and not once if you happen to follow that I am simply providing my own opinion on the subject, you may agree or disagree, the hostility of which comments are thrown suggest the oposite, you simply do not accept a different opinion.

If you think its fine to simply stay on the fence you are more than welcome to do it, in my life experience it does not cause anything to change. If 1 month later it will change we will deal with it when it comes, but signing an incomplete contract has a wrong feeling to it.

@Innes thank you for that comment :) I was starting to think that comments must contain some sort of an insult in this forum, for now only you and yandere seem to have respect for others.

@Noth: I seriously doubt the cash shop is undecided to the extent you claim it is, they are dodging it (see Q&A) also (repeating several posts i wrote) Influence over it can be made.

Edited by pidish

Posted

there is no ideal plan for games that don't have a fixed monthly income by subscriptions and a healthy player base.
why do you think P2P games change into F2P if they can't keep their playerbase interested?
exactly the same thing happens to B2P & F2P games if they can't push out content, which requires a monthly income by a cash shop that will be used by their players.
and if the ideal cash shop initially won't bring the expected results, it will need to be changed to bring in results.
thus, no matter what kind of answer we will get now, it can change quicker than you think.

there is still enough time until the release, so if you're unsure of pre-ordering now, don't.
there will be plenty of time to gather more informations.
but don't get mad if those informations will turn out to be untrue, shortly after the game has released.

Posted

@Noth: I seriously doubt the cash shop is undecided to the extent you claim it is, they are dodging it (see Q&A) also (repeating several posts i wrote) Influence over it can be made.

Decisions pertaining to monetization can take ages to decide due to it being something that has to be ok'd by more than just those directly working on the project. We can influence it, but we won't get anything said to us, until they are ready to tell us.

Posted (edited)

there is no ideal plan for games that don't have a fixed monthly income by subscriptions and a healthy player base.why do you think P2P games change into F2P if they can't keep their playerbase interested?
exactly the same thing happens to B2P & F2P games if they can't push out content, which requires a monthly income by a cash shop that will be used by their players.
and if the ideal cash shop initially won't bring the expected results, it will need to be changed to bring in results.
thus, no matter what kind of answer we will get now, it can change quicker than you think.

there is still enough time until the release, so if you're unsure of pre-ordering now, don't.
there will be plenty of time to gather more informations.
but don't get mad if those informations will turn out to be untrue, shortly after the game has released.

I see. Let's say IF the cash shop was completely vanity and there was no pay2win aspect whatsoever and because most people in this player base (from the looks of it) wants no pay2win aspect there will be more people coming into the game. But for some odd reason they are not making as much they as they could so they add a pay2win aspect to make more money. But wouldn't that just destroy the whole purpose of most of the population that didn't want pay2win to just leave resulting in less money made? 

Edited by Innes

Posted

@shadonic: let me asure you, no one is getting mad as it was forcefully implied in many comments. we did not ask for future plans, we can all understand a game going through a rough time to the point it cant hold unless it must preform drastic measures, but lets be honest, we are not talking about that. We ask for the Pre catastrophic plans. tradeable goods, extent of vanity (for some reason progressive items which can boost one player a matter of months is called vanity..)

@Noth: they dont have ages by their schedule, if the community is unhappy (refunds/holding off pre orders - optional) it can change the time they are "ready" to tell us. also you said we might be able to influence it, Great! thats the whole point :)

Posted

@shadonic: I have stated and not once if you happen to follow that I am simply providing my own opinion on the subject, you may agree or disagree, the hostility of which comments are thrown suggest the oposite, you simply do not accept a different opinion.

If you think its fine to simply stay on the fence you are more than welcome to do it, in my life experience it does not cause anything to change. If 1 month later it will change we will deal with it when it comes, but signing an incomplete contract has a wrong feeling to it.

@Innes thank you for that comment :) I was starting to think that comments must contain some sort of an insult in this forum, for now only you and yandere seem to have respect for others.

i'm sorry, but your OP is far from being called an Opinion.

here, i'll help you find out what i'm actually talking about.

Hello, 

First when I am saying force I am simply meaning to use what ever legal methode we have :)

Regarding the cash shop - Lets addmit it:

It is partly our fault, they released the pre order and people rushed even though we are not close to cbt/game realese.

I am holding myself in hope others will, once they yield and give us some more info I will gladly pre order the game, if the pre order launch would fail they would quicly succumb and give us the information we desire.

So please, hold your horsesrefund what you got, create a wave strong enough to shake daum isle and rejoice once they share the big secrets of the notorious cash shop. 

The ball unlikely as it seems is actually in our court, we just got to learn how to use it. 

As a BDO fan I was insulted on the last interview, they want us to test CBT and find out just so we will be unable to refund the game? is that some kind of elaborate trap or just plain contempt thrown at the community? the one who worked hard each day to create a healthy community to fund the game even though being denied playing.

We dont deserve to be treated like cattle, led blindly by daum's intresets in twisted road of lies regarding cash shop information up untill the last minute.

Lets regain our power by refunding/holding off pre orders so we can spend the time left in less darkness.

you talk about YOUR opinion, yet you keep including others, as if we're sharing that opinion.
i don't mind YOU voicing YOUR opinion.but don't include ME in it please.because that is not what an personal opinion is supposed to be,
this is how Hitler led the Nazis

Posted

@Noth: they dont have ages by their schedule, if the community is unhappy (refunds/holding off pre orders - optional) it can change the time they are "ready" to tell us. also you said we might be able to influence it, Great! thats the whole point :)

They have likely been working on the monetization since before they opened their EU office. Also, no, that will not make them ready to tell us any sooner, unless they are just going to give us empty promises. They will be ready, when they are ready. Rushing out answers in this industry has never been proving to be positive as things change far too much too often.

My saying we might be able to influence, I'm referring to what is in the shop, not when they tell us. We can influence that even after we have purchased a founder's pack.

Posted (edited)

@shadonic: thats an opinion, look closely, for example, saying the ball is at our court is my opinion, saying players should/shouldnt, is an opinion.
your opinion can include what you think or what you think others do, it is after all, your opinion.... :) should check it out, I appreaciate the time you took to font all of that.

@Noth: If they state empty promises on the pre order details thats a legal issue. As for rushing, I am not for rushing, if it was up to me I would say that incase they realy do not have any clue regarding the cash shop its better off to calm down, delay the dates.... not rush a pre order without details. 

I hope you are right, i realy do.... because once people buy and show they are willing to pay for the game without certain elements revealed... I think daum might see it as a green light (I hope not). My personal experience dictates most changes happen before you sign the deal not after :S.

Edited by pidish

Posted

@shadonic: thats an opinion, look closely, for example, saying the ball is at our court is my opinion, saying players should/shouldnt, is an opinion.
your opinion can include what you think or what you think others do, it is after all, your opinion.... :) should check it out, I appreaciate the time you took to font all of that.

@Noth: If they state empty promises on the pre order details thats a legal issue. As for rushing, I am not for rushing, if it was up to me I would say that incase they realy do not have any clue regarding the cash shop its better off to calm down, delay the dates.... not rush a pre order without details. 

I hope you are right, i realy do.... because once people buy and show they are willing to pay for the game without certain elements revealed... I think daum might see it as a green light (I hope not). My personal experience dictates most changes happen before you sign the deal not after :S.

you reflect to what you think is another persons opinion on this subject and call it your own opinion?
okay, i guess i'll start a new topic now saying that we're all happy with P2W, and i think we should be forced to to pay 10€ every level to unlock the next.
after all it's all our opinion, i guess?

Posted

you reflect to what you think is another persons opinion on this subject and call it your own opinion?okay, i guess i'll start a new topic now saying that we're all happy with P2W, and i think we should be forced to to pay 10€ every level to unlock the next.
after all it's all our opinion, i guess?

If you think that go ahead, make a suggestion. voice yourself. 

Posted

I agree with the original post. BDO tells us nothing about this game. Check their website or twitter, there is nothing.

The community have to cry to get a piece of information.

I played BDO on russians server and I can't wait to play on EU servers but......

PRE-ORDER and NO ACCESS TO CBT? wtf is that. 100€ TO PLAY BOTH CBT, 50€ FOR CBT2.

"Since EU and NA are fat sheeps with money, let's just transform a free to play game, into a buy to play. OH WAIT, acces to CBTs only if you pay max money! I'm sure they will go for it ;D i'm a genius." > Their reunions must sound like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Soooo....basically if you don't know how much real money it will cost to get a special, fancy, pretty costume is that you don't need to play the game you will not play?

If you don't know ahead of time how much a pet is (that's not required as a must and you get them with the two packs so you dont need to buy one) you will not play?
If you don't' know if there are exp potions you won't play?
So worst case, the prices for things are the same as other places....and there's exp potions....you won't play?

Am I getting this right?

My thoughts: 

Honestly I do not care.
I'll throw some money at it for my main characters. A costume I want to wear, weapon skin i wanna use (if I don't like the ones I get in the pack) some extra pets. It supports the game. 
But they aren't NEEDED.

And whether there is EXP potions or not it's up to you to buy them. 

Sure you can, but I'm sure taking the time to learn your class with more time put into learning it is more important. Only losers want to speed to the end and flaunt their "oh so glorious level 50+"....until they realise that others catch up the next day and then kick their ass.

There is very, very little that would stop me from getting the game. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your well thought out post and good point of view , there were multiple previous similar detailed discussions expressing the same good points you made , which have yielded varying types of responses , that is why you are getting some unnecessary aggressive feedback , that coupled with the fact that you are walking a thin line in a thread like this, in which you may have crossed over to the aggressive side yourself unintentionally by attempting to stress the importance in your perspective.

There are a good amount of people (myself included ) who have held out on purchasing any of the packs for the same reason you do, there are others who obviously don't agree and have/will purchase the packs either way because they are entitled to if they so choose, even when they completely understand your reasoning , you will have to accept that. 

I don't know how long you have been on this forum, but so far the publishers and developers have been gradually respondent to feedback of the community, which is an encouraging sign. The best/ reasonable thing to do is wait and see hoping they continue to do so.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

As a BDO fan I was insulted on the last interview, they want us to test CBT and find out just so we will be unable to refund the game? is that some kind of elaborate trap or just plain contempt thrown at the community? the one who worked hard each day to create a healthy community to fund the game even though being denied playing.

We dont deserve to be treated like cattle, led blindly by daum's intresets in twisted road of lies regarding cash shop information up untill the last minute.

Lets regain our power by refunding/holding off pre orders so we can spend the time left in less darkness.

/sigh take it easy and eat a cookie 9_9

Posted

@Beeso thank you, all I wish in this thread is to offer my perspective to others who, hopefully, share the same need for details. some dont, and that is fine, some do and chose a different methode which is also fine. My goal was to reach out for people and share my means to get to our mutual cause. If some of the viewers agreed or became aware then I have done what I aimed for. I am well aware that there are people who wouldnt accept any form of accusition made towards the game and by making this post I am exposed but, as a person who support active acts (refund/holding off) I have no problem of dealing with that side :)

I thank you for your comment.

@Quinoa: Done!

Posted (edited)

Well op,

You aren't the only one who thinks so. I for one rushed the pre-order. Partially I am to be blamed for this and I admit it. I live outside amongst the region-locked and I can't get a refund for the game despite being unable to play it. To be fair I tried to use multiple means of VPN, even purchasing some vpns to try it out, and as I tried one after the other to no avail, the days passed and 14 days passed. I contacted support and nope I couldn't get a refund.

I am greatly disappointed, mostly because I did manage to get into KR like many who are outside of the KR zone, and it is people like us that hyped for the game, people like us that brought the attention to the game and as such the hype of it into western shores. I'm sure many of you are aware there are many famed youtubers out there bringing international attention to asian MMORPGS and are most certainly not local to that country While I only played a miniscule role in hyping for an english version of the game and.I myself am Asian though not of Korea, point is I would love to play with my friends in american and being unable to and unable to get a 100 dollar pack refunded is just meh.

Edited by enubis

Posted

The cash shop is not ready yet. The community wanted Pre-Order packs and they got them.

Nobody was forced to buy them, it's your own fault.

This is a great example of people not thinking before posting. "Give me, give me!" and 3 days after "Oh, I actually didn't want it."

You know how it goes, Greed before Reasoning! Are we really surprised anymore ?