• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Nodes and Workers

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Index:

1. Foreword

2. Nodes

2.1 Connecting Nodes

2.2 Resource Nodes

2.3 Removing connected nodes

3. Workers

3.1 How to hire workers

3.2 Send workers to do tasks

3.3 Send workers to upgrade equipment

R5MDsHf.png

There are many types of Nodes, but I'll divide them into 3 types: 

• Towns
  • Connecting Nodes
  • Resource Nodes

Since many new players have difficulties with figuring out how Nodes work, I'll try to explain it as simple as possible.

Edited by FliP
29 people like this

Posted

va4gq0E.png

Nodes are basically any location on the map. You'll notice a Node by their icon.

2L0279a.png

Nodes are used for trade routes, increased drop rates, crafting, connecting cities to transfer warehouse items and more.

As soon as you discover Heidel, it will be your first Node. From there, you can expand and connect other discovered Nodes.

Nodes cannot be skipped. This means that if you want to connect a far away Node, you'll need to connect all the way from Heidel to that specific Node.

OGJ61hu.jpg

Connectable Nodes will be connected with a White/Light Blue line, while already connected nodes are connected with a Orange line.

Nodes have levels. To level up a Node, you need to invest energy. Higher level Nodes have better drop rates.

FFZAVD8.png

1. Connecting Nodes

To connect Nodes, you will require 1-3 Contribution Points, depending on the Node you want to connect.

Nodes are connected at Node Managers. To find Node Managers, simply right-click the Node Icon on the Map to auto-path to the Node Manager.

N49HgMH.jpg

PNFWpUK.jpg

2. Resource Nodes

Some Nodes have Resources. You cannot gather or mine those resources by yourself, that's what Workers are for.

YKE0R38.png

Unlocking Resource Nodes will require 1 Contribution Point. To unlock it, talk to the Node Manager and select the Resouce Node. You can unlock it from there.

hLOuzO3.png

I'll explain more about how to use Resource Nodes in the "Workers" part of this Guide.

3. Removing connected Nodes

Connected Nodes are not permanent. If you don't want a specific Node anymore, you can simply remove it. You don't need to talk to a Node Manager to remove a Node.

V5fhrK2.png

Note that your Node Level will be reset if you un-link it. Also make sure that the removed Node does not break the link between other Nodes.

23 people like this

Posted (edited)

GL8I6q6.png

Workers are actually 'slaves'. Workers are used to complete tasks such as mining, gathering or crafting. They are divided into Giants, Humans and Goblins.

Workers can learn skills as they level up. They earn exp by doing tasks. A workers max level is Lv30 and they learn skills every 5 levels, so 6 skills in total.

Workers have rarity same as items: Common (White), Uncommon (Green), Rare (Blue) and Epic (Yellow). Workers can be upgraded to a higher rarity by sending them to tests.

1. How to hire Workers

You will get your first, basic Worker from a Quest. I'd recommend firing him, since he is not worth the housing space or food to regenerate its action points.

Other workers can be hired at Work Overseers.

sQXMfVi.jpg

To hire Workers, you will need housing and silver. Browsing available workers will cost 5 Vigor per attempt. Be aware that this can waste your Vigor very fast.

Always carry at least 30k Silver with you, in case a Epic (Yellow) Silver appears.

2. Send workers to do tasks

Crafting:

To send a worker to craft, you will need to have a specific workshop, depending on what you want to craft. Required crafting materials have to be stored in the towns warehouse in which you want to craft. Different cities can have different workshops.

ZKThcHw.png

To start the crafting process, select the workshop, then chose the item you want to craft and select the worker that should do the task. 

2mss6QB.png

Gathering/Mining:

To send a worker to gather/mine, you will need to have a connected resource node. Select the resource node, then choose the worker that should do the task.

3. Send workers to upgrade equipment

To upgrade the rarity of your equipment, you will need a specific Forge based on what type of gear you want to upgrade. For example, to upgrade a Yuria Sword you will need a Yuria Sword Forge, or to upgrade Argerian Armor you will need a Argerian Armor Forge.

xFjLfZ8.png

Edited by FliP
28 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the great guide.

Posted

Always carry at least 30k Silver with you, in case a Epic (Yellow) Silver appears.

Carry 90k, you could get a Master (orange) :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Carry 90k, you could get a Master (orange) :)

True. I've never seen a Master though. I've only got Yellow a few times.

I'd edit it into my post, but sadly I can't :/

Posted

Its a very nice and informative guide FliP *Thank You*. :D

Posted (edited)

Now that's the info I needed, didn't grasp this node system until now. Thumbsup! :D

PS : Upvote will have to wait, I'm out ¬¬^_^

Edited by Dematics

Posted

Now that's the info I needed, didn't grasp this node system until now. Thumbsup! :D

PS : Upvote will have to wait, I'm out ¬¬^_^

Glad the Guide was of use :P

No rush with the upvote xD

Posted

You guys are really lucky, i only keep getting green and white. also nice guide btw

Posted

You guys are really lucky, i only keep getting green and white. also nice guide btw

It usually takes at least 5 tries to get a Blue. You should be able to find a Yellow with 80-ish energy.

Posted

well i have been unlucky by nature so i guess it takes me around double triple the amount of tries compared to a normal person :P...     q .q

Posted

well i have been unlucky by nature so i guess it takes me around double triple the amount of tries compared to a normal person :P...     q .q

Just keep trying and make sure you have enough silver with you. You never know when you crack the jackpot :P

I got a Yellow Giant Worker today, with about 50 energy spent.

Posted

This also made me think does each server have different chance of getting x type of worker since i'm playing from the jap server i want to know if its me or the server :P 

Posted

This also made me think does each server have different chance of getting x type of worker since i'm playing from the jap server i want to know if its me or the server :P 

Could be. I'm playing on RU.

Posted

dang i was hoping you will say you play from the Kr server, so that i could think that there will be and update that will increase the rate of getting rare npcs q .q

Posted

It's just RnG after all. There could be different rates on different servers, but I don't think so.

Posted

Hi im playing at the kr server atm and i got a question about this investment node . i still dont get what you get from that node or why you should invest in it ?

bla.thumb.PNG.a2d42ff4b34beb6682af651bd1

Posted

Hi im playing at the kr server atm and i got a question about this investment node . i still dont get what you get from that node or why you should invest in it ?

bla.thumb.PNG.a2d42ff4b34beb6682af651bd1

Can you tell me the name of the Node? I will look into it.

Posted

Guess I was lucky. I had all blue, yellow workers. Someone in Guild said they had an orange. Great guide Flip, thank you!

Posted

Can you tell me the name of the Node? I will look into it.

node.thumb.PNG.43e001b5f4d255ab28b04a360

Posted

node.thumb.PNG.43e001b5f4d255ab28b04a360

I have not seen this Node on RU yet, so it could be that it is not released yet there.

From the looks of it, you can send your workers to obtain a 1G Gold Bullion, which is worth 100.000 Silver when traded at a Warehouse Manager.

Posted

Just keep trying and make sure you have enough silver with you. You never know when you crack the jackpot :P

I got a Yellow Giant Worker today, with about 50 energy spent.

I think I contracted once Yellow Giant Worker with 50 energy on one of the farms near Veila, but of course you need 500 intimacy in relations with him to get that possibility

Posted

Thanks so much for posting this guide!

Posted

Thanks for the awesome guide!

Had so much trouble understanding how workers function in kr due to poor translation.

Now it makes sense.