• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

keepitclean [POLL] Multiple Servers vs Mega Server

Multiple Servers vs Mega Server   1,173 votes

1. 1. What would you like?

• Multiple Servers
    • Mega Server

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

761 posts in this topic

Posted

According to the PM Diary, Mega Servers are an option again.
Since this has been discussed previously and DAUM has collected feedback from those previous topics, this is meant to be a final poll about this matter.

Keep this topic clean of any unnecessary discussions or flaming. Leave your vote and leave a comment if you have to.

Cons of multiple servers is not being able to move between servers, but better gameplay for the server population due to the ability to do GvG and socializing with people you normally would not see due to 40+ channels.
Cons of megaservers are 40+ channels, which are killing of GvG. Players you might see once and never again. Megaservers turn the game more into a single player game since, in my opinion, it discourages everything a multiplayer game is about.

Vote, and once again, keep it clean.

4 people like this

Posted

I voted for multiple servers.

Theres just something about belonging to a specific server and making a community out of it. Mega servers would be like whatever... You're just another player in that massive server.

Plus you'd get better latency with multiple servers.

14 people like this

Posted

Megaserver for me, more chances to meet more people. I do understand it being more difficult to hunt members of guilds you are at war with.  I'm not one that would hunt jumping from channel to channel though so yea.

2 people like this

Posted

Megaservers need specific channels (like servers) to survive if they are to work, because otherwise you're going to end up with about five massive guilds on NA and EU that are dominating everything. Cutting smaller guilds and groups out completely -- and how is that fun?

Overall, I'd rather see servers (or servers with different channels) as long as they were tied to specific game play.

8 people like this

Posted

Megaservers need specific channels (like servers) to survive if they are to work, because otherwise you're going to end up with about five massive guilds on NA and EU that are dominating everything. Cutting smaller guilds and groups out completely -- and how is that fun?

Overall, I'd rather see servers (or servers with different channels) as long as they were tied to specific game play.

Completely agree with you, and it's the same reason why I voted for multiple servers. 

Posted

Separate servers for me. Also, I think it would be better to do the polls in the CBT1 subforum when it will open, because it will be more visible for PMs and it will filter out "noise" from random posters/voters.

Posted

Like always, you keep touching the megaserver topic yet you never actually list the pro's, while listing con's that can be fixed. Megaserver for me, will explain why in an other thread.

Posted

I will just say this again.

Megaservers destroy sieges/node wars with lag, eliminate player competition because it will give every player the option to just run away, and let's be real, most will take this option, at least sometimes. Also it eliminates the familiarity with certain players and/or guilds on your server.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I choose multiple servers. My experience with megaservers I always end up with heavy lag in those.

Edited by Malver
Got carried away with my response.

Posted

Unless the megaserver architecture is more of a mesh/star set up, multiple servers is a more feasible.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's barely any people posting anymore...it's the same people posting over and over...the polls have been done, doing them over and over as the forums have becoming nothing more than a joke isn't going to say much.  

Hey now now. We got already 41 ppl voted and interested in BDO eu/na, you could almost make a guild out of it.  THE HYPE IS REAL THIS IS GONNA BE "THE" WOW KILLER!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Multiply servers as in no channels?

Otherwise it doesn't really matter unless if ping would be higher with a mega serv vs no mega serv then the obvious choice should be no mega serv.. 

Edited by Kraved

Posted

I think it's pretty obvious how a megaserver with no channels set up would end up

Posted

Multiple servers for PvP !!!

Where is the Gvg open PvP based game when each guild can kill his own World boss in his channel ? That is just a joke...

Posted

Only Multiple servers for PvP ...

Posted

Would rather avoid the chance of lag and not give the players ability to run and hide in another channel. Multi-servers.

Posted

The first 19 carebears made their appearance, keep on coming casuals & continue your crusade to ruin this game, just know that as long it's in our hands you will never succeed.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I rather know the people of the server I play with than finding random strangers appear and disappear on the mega server of doom.

Also, when one guy becomes an ass, I rather track his ass and gank him until he uninstalls than searching for 40 channels.

Edited by LoneWolf
3 people like this

Posted

Multiple servers with no channels will be the best.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

According to the PM Diary, Mega Servers are an option again.
Since this has been discussed previously and DAUM has collected feedback from those previous topics, this is meant to be a final poll about this matter.

Keep this topic clean of any unnecessary discussions or flaming. Leave your vote and leave a comment if you have to.

Cons of multiple servers is not being able to move between servers, but better gameplay for the server population due to the ability to do GvG and socializing with people you normally would not see due to 40+ channels.
Cons of megaservers are 40+ channels, which are killing of GvG. Players you might see once and never again. Megaservers turn the game more into a single player game since, in my opinion, it discourages everything a multiplayer game is about.

Vote, and once again, keep it clean.

@FliP

for the multiple/mega server discussion.

multiple servers, in my opinion, can separate people far more permanently than a mega server. With fewer channels, you may end up with trolls/bullies hunting down people they "don't like" to the point we start losing people. It's not easy for some players to find a group to play with, so if  single player steps on the "wrong toes" their whole gaming experience will get ruined. This situation can happen to anyone at anytime regardless of servers vs mega server.

The difference is, with a mega server you have the whole community looking out for each other. whose to say every server will have "good" or "kind" people, or enough of both even.

Also, a "mega server" does not mean it is a single server hosting for everyone. you can run multiple servers in tandum. the channels could be hosted on seperate servers without spilting everyone up in that respect.

when I think "mega server", I thing of a set of physical servers hosting the channels for the NA "server", and an entirely seperate "server" for EU being run on multiple physical servers.

I don't see the flaw in this if Daum listens and keeps the amount of channels low. and it seems to me that Daum listens.

Edited by Izakku
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

In Korea the publisher created MegaServer when the number of players started to fade. Channels are cheaper than servers. Channels destroy the competition and the need of cooperation among the players. Channels are kind of instances, and they are perfect for solo players. So the channels effectively separate the players. Also in one server you know with who you play, and that is important for any multiplayer game. If 1 million people play the game it is literally impossible to know them, even a small part of them. But in one server without channels, you will play with few thousands of players. So Izakku you are right, but you are not talking about MegaServer, but about different servers.

Edited by Ikcen
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't mind multiple servers if we are allowed to migrate characters to another at no additional cost.

Starting over in a game that eats that much time is a big No No for me.

The ideal option would be a mega server with no channels, but we aren't technically there yet sadly :(

Edited by BurningBern

Posted (edited)

Multiple servers with no channels will be the best.

Exactly. 

With servers instead of channels this will automatic happen with the community in time:

-Grinding spots  
>People will think twice before stealing or leeching from your spot.
>Spots will most likely get listings, i.e x person is there for 1h, y person came to that spot right after him and respects the 1h grinding thus do something else in the meantime, 1h passes and y person takes over and so on.  
>Grind hugging a spot wont be tolerated by the majority, people will work tougheter against such person.

-Pvp
>No more cheesy escapes by channel hopping.
>Guild wars will have a much deeper meaning and become more serious. 
>Hunting a griefer/troll will be so much easier
>Someones a famous mass random pker? Easier to hunt down

Those are the two major points, and this comes from personal experience with a game that had both channel then switched to pure servers.  Channels in MMOs just ruins so much potential - it's only moronic to have it.

TLDR: The community works more tougheter and gets closer. 

Edited by Kraved
2 people like this

Posted

In Korea the publisher created MegaServer when the number of players started to fade. Channels are cheaper than servers. Channels destroy the competition and the need of cooperation among the players. Channels are kind of instances, and they are perfect for solo players. So the channels effectively separate the players. Also in one server you know with who you play, and that is important for any multiplayer game. If 1 million people play the game it is literally impossible to know them, even a small part of them. But in one server without channels, you will play with few thousands of players. So Izakku you are right, but you are not talking about MegaServer, but about different servers.

the difference in my view of a "mega server" run by multiple servers is being able to switch between the physical servers without needing to remake your character.

having "multiple servers" to select from, to me anyway, implies that If I made a character on server "X" I couldn't play on server "Y".

Posted (edited)

Edited by Phantom
3 people like this