• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

keepitclean [POLL] Multiple Servers vs Mega Server

Multiple Servers vs Mega Server   1,173 votes

1. 1. What would you like?

• Multiple Servers
    • Mega Server

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

761 posts in this topic

Posted

I have mixed feelings on this.

Individual servers is ideal, but all mmo communities split/shrink, and the hosts are never proactive at merging servers when it needs to happen.

Therefore, I vote for the necessary evil of megaservers.

As long as Daum wants to be proactive on this, multi-server is the way to go.  Mega server with too many channels is worse.

Posted

Multiple servers (like 2 or 3 max) with no channel. and You could organize cross server events sometime!

You will have more than 2 servers if it's multiple, and they will have 3 channels each or so.  Just like KR used to have.  This is necessary so the servers don't crash.

People take a look at the map he posted along with his recruitment post, it's hilarious, or sad, you chose...

snip

The good thing about having different servers is being able to avoid people like this :P

Congratulations on adding absolutely nothing to the discussion? 

Posted

So...you are in the hot spot grinding area and you find 2 people?  Yeap...that's popping buddy...come on...

Like I said I don't "farm" very often, I don't go to the "popular" spots. I am not referring to my time "farming". But go ahead and pick and choose what you want out of what I said... lmao. 

Posted

Multiple servers (like 2 or 3 max) with no channel. and You could organize cross server events sometime!

You say this until you play the game. With limited farming spots you wont get anything done.

Posted

The existence of a mega server has no bearing on the quality or popularity of a game.. Other than potential lag when you have an abhorrent number of players

I don't see why this is even a topic for people to care about.

Agreed I voted for multiple servers for personal nature of server community but I wont be upset if they do a megaserver. 

Posted

I understand that it's their decision in the end. But, if there are multiple threads with many polls swaying in the favor of having a server oriented game. . then.. Why should have it even been reconsidered? Everyone is fighting and raging about it. At this point? I only seen one solution.

Now, I'm not a big executive, or a developer myself. . But, if you'd ask me for my personal opinion? I'd give the majority what they want. I wouldn't care if I lost a handful. No. I'd care if I lost hundreds, or even thousands of players because of a single decision.

You give the majority what they want.

Or?

You compromise. - With this topic? It'd be fairly difficult to make everyone happy. In the end, a certain group of people are going to be disappointed. I'm just waiting for another developer diary at this point, and the final decision on this. Until then? I'm going to support multiple servers any day of the week.

Posted

Here we go again, assumptions mistaken with facts.

You do realize how many nodes there are, and the number constantly increasing with upates. There is no way to have that many "top guilds" on a server. Or you have a different definition of what a top guild is.
ArcheAge started with AH Clusters since the beginning, it wasn't about population since they had tens of thusands of people (if not more) waiting in queues to get in. Your arguments is invalid.
Blackstones on AH on RU, you are again wrong. RU officially started October 12th, so we are at the 1,5 mark right now. I've bought countless Blackstones (both Weapon and Armor) over 3 weeks ago. Even cheap ones (Armor Blackstones for 170k while max price is 210k, Weapon Blackstones for 260k, while max price is 300k). The supply is that high that people sell them underpriced in order to sell them. There are usually at least 50 Blackstones of each kind on the Marketplace.
If you had knowledge about the game, you would know that there are ways to get free Blackstones daily (no, I am not talking about daily boss scrolls).

Once again, your post is cancer and false. Stop making assumptions if you don't have the facts to make up for them. Assumptions =/= facts.

Posted

So you are in one of multi server, 2 month after release:

• All farm spots are taken by few TOP guilds.
  • All Nodes are taken by few TOP guilds which are making Millions from them.
  • Economy is dead, because there are not enough players. ( Even in Archeage there are 3-4 Servers that share same Auction House to keep Economy alive.)
  • Enchanting your gear is impossible because all the farm spots are taken, and there are no Black stones on the Auction House. ( It took 1,5 Month on RU Megaserver until stones began show up on Auction House, and that's all thanks to the big playerbase and 40-30 channels to farm the spots. With out that there will not be any Black stones on AH)
  • GvG is only for TOP guilds. Because Smaller and Medium guilds get zerged and have no means of escaping to different channels like they could in a Megaserver.

This is just an example of what players often forget, when they vote for Multi servers:

1. Dying Economy.
  2. TOP guilds rule the server.
  3. No place for Small and Medium guilds.
  4. GvG only between TOP guilds.
  5. Sieges only between TOP Guilds.
  6. Small player base.
  7. Little choice in guilds.
  8. Long wait for the server merges.

Just like it was in Archeage, multi servers will shrink fast.

Umm.

1. Why? I don't see how 50k players per server instead of 500k will make economy die.

2. The opposite. Less top guilds per server = more nodes/spots free to take for smaller guilds.

3. Same as 2.

4. Same as 2.

5. Same as 2.

6. Yes, per server. Which i find to be good.

7. Less choises = more meaningfull choise. Don't see how this is a problem.

8. This is not the downside of multiple servers, but bad administration. And lets be real - there won't be 20 servers with 1 channel. If there will be multi servers - they will have 3-5 channels, in which case population control will be done as easily as on a megaserver.

Please stop. 

1 person likes this

Posted

1. Long wait for the server merges.

On BDO a server merge can be done in 2h and it's not a hard choice, since they don't lose anything. All servers use the same database for names and such, that's how it was done in KR. They literarly merged 10 servers in 2h.

Posted

1. Prove your assumption with a fact

2. Guilds are capped at 100 members, do you play the game? Guilds can make multiple guilds, but that is just stupid (*cough* RED on RU)

3. Prove it

Please, just stop.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. You can't fit 50k players on to a single server that's a Megaserver size. 10-20k maybe?

2. It can't be the opposite since Less channels pr server = less spots to farm. Top guilds would still have same player base size of 100-300 players.

6. Small player base means small economy.

7. Less choice = less meaningful choices.

8. Kr had 2-3 channel Servers same as Japan ( from what other say), and RU had 30-40 channel Servers. Where is your 3-5 Channel server comes from? Your head?

You make me want to insult you.

1. One server with no channels - yea, you can't. On server with 3 channels - using your numbers - sure.

2. Let me give you an example. 5 servers with 5 top guilds for each with multiple servers and all those 25 together on one megaserver. How many nodes there is to take? 20-30? (just an example). So about one per top guild on a megaserver. While with multiple servers after 5 top guilds take 5 nodes, hell even 10, there will still be 10-20 nodes left to take for smaller guilds.

6. I can agree with smaller economy, sure, but it does not make it dead at all.

7. n.c.

8. Yes, my head. You should use yours to understand that it does not matter if it is 2-3 or 3-5 for the point i am making there.

Posted

• Economy is dead, because there are not enough players. ( Even in Archeage there are 3-4 Servers that share same Auction House to keep Economy alive.)
  • Enchanting your gear is impossible because all the farm spots are taken, and there are no Black stones on the Auction House. ( It took 1,5 Month on RU Megaserver until stones began show up on Auction House, and that's all thanks to the big playerbase and 40-30 channels to farm the spots. With out that there will not be any Black stones on AH)
  • GvG is only for TOP guilds. Because Smaller and Medium guilds get zerged and have no means of escaping to different channels like they could in a Megaserver.

This is just an example of what players often forget, when they vote for Multi servers:

1. Dying Economy.
  6. Small player base.

You have to love how you just try to pass your assumptions as given facts approximately in each and every of your posts.

Posted (edited)

1. and 8. It's hard to guess how many channels we will have in multi-server version. But the more channels we get, the farther we move away from Single server and closer in to a Megaserver size. 5-8 Channel - i would consider that a Megaserver size.

2. I see you point. It works good in theory, until you meet TOP guild players which you can barely damage, and few of their players will wipe your whole raid. You need gear to win. On a Single server TOP guild will have all the best farm spots. They will have the best gear. While others will be left behind.

This is where Megaserver comes in. It will not only give you spots to farm away from Top guilds, but also having a Big Economy, will give you plenty of gear from AH.

1. yes, less channels = better

2. If the guild is that strong - what stops then from having 1 player per top spot on 20 channels? Why do you think there will be more space for smaller guilds on a mega server? Example: If there is 10 times more channels per server (3 per for multi server and 30 for mega) - there is 10 times more top spots to chose from, sure. But there is also 10 times more top guilds to take those spots. How does that help? With multi servers small guilds will at least be able to take nodes. And with multi servers GvG will be possible, so there will be a little less pressure for the small guilds/solo players.

3. Having 3 extra channels on a mega server adds just as many spots as extra server with 3 channels. You get more channels you are able to pick from with megaserver? So you can pick which top guild has the spots? How does that help small guilds? Picking a different channel just to see different top guild running it is a choice? No, just an illusion, you end up in the exact same situation.

Edited by DVSmorph

Posted

Based on this comment, we are wasting our breath...they will ruin the game like they did in Korea...(they have no intent to even listen to us, just like alpha...just going through the motions)

On 11/27/2015, 10:07:58, rpgmaniac said:

When you post answers to our questions few days ago you wrote this "Mega server is not planned for our service." & then you write this "I did mention in my interview before that we are not going with a Mega Server, but it is still something that we might consider.." there is a very serious matter here, a matter of trust, if it's so easy for you to change what you said & go against your words just like that then how can I trust you/DAUM on anything you say? you might very well do a change the community likes & few days later take it back or alter in some bad way for us, in short if you were in our place & a representative of a game you are thinking to play was telling you something to please you one day & make you buy the game he is trying to sell you & few days later decide to take it all back & do the opposite what your opinion would be for a guy/company that act like that eh? the fact that you are thinking to go against your words is already a very bad sign for me, that means you can't be trusted, you, your words, DAUM in general.

As I don't have any news about the server setup right now, I won't go into details here. Nonetheless I feel like replying to this in particular.
I know my first and second statement about the server setup seem to contradict each other, however, this happened mainly because of a prematurely statement from my end. There were some updates about the server setup that I did not have at my hands before I made the comment. I will be more careful in the future to triple-check all factors. 

The decision which kind of setup we will chose at the end will solely be based on the factor of providing the best, technical, stable setup for players. In other words, we want everyone to experience the game as smoothly as possible. 

Posted

Please.. Only people unfamiliar with ''mega servers'' would vote for it aka unexperienced casuals. I've felt the complete apathy and plague of it and I want no part of it.

Posted

Much wow such poll very good cri evetim

Posted (edited)

1. Dying Economy.
  6. Small player base.

Wait are we talking about a Megaserver or a Multiserver? Sounds to me like 90% Megaserver especially all the cons / minuses.

Edited by Banketo

Posted

Mega server with one channel - best of both worlds.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never going to happen.  Mega server will end up with 20+ channels, just how it did on KR and RU.  KR is at 20+ channels and they have a smaller pop than NA / EU.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mega server with 1 channel is an oxymoron.

Posted

thats a normal server m8 and not megaserver

Posted

10/10

Posted

Normal server with one channel, but only have one of it = Megaserver with 1 channel.

1 person likes this

Posted

Normal server with one channel, but only have one of it = Megaserver with 1 channel.

You mean a down server, because it'll crash more than it will be up. You seriously cannot expect a single server with a single channel to hold 200.000 players.
Not to mention that the entire map cannot hold that many. There probably arent even 50.000 mobs in total.
Whether megaserver or multiple servers, either cannot work without channels.

1 person likes this

Posted

You really take that seriously? :D