• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Megaserver Compromise: PvX Playstyles

Megaserver Playstyle Channels Poll   53 votes

1. 1. Would you be interested in channels that offer specific play style? A hardcore PvP (no karma) channel, a moderate PvP (karma) channel, and a flag only (PvE-like) channel?

• Yes.
    • With adjustments (comment below).
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

MEGASERVER COMPROMISE

PvX Playstyles & Channels

Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving to people in the States! Right now we got a lot of good changes in the Dev Diary, but one of the biggest sources of debate is the possibility of a megaserver. Right now people are worried that it'll lead to problems -- and personally I don't like the idea of only a couple of massive guilds owning cities all the time due to sheer size -- but maybe a compromise can be struck with play styles.

Using different styles of play per channel might allow people to have the best of both worlds while not abandoning one shard for another simply because a PvP duel or siege isn't working out for them.

Posted

Well, this poll is not about multiple server vs megaserver. This poll is about megaserver. In games where megaserver is thrown around as a possibility, it's almost always used -- I don't necessarily agree with it in this scenario because guilds getting so big and then only a couple of guilds being able to control areas is really silly to me. Which is why I want to focus on MEGASERVER here and discuss how it has to be implemented if it is at all.

It does sound like regular servers with the channel options -- but that's the point. Otherwise you have PvPers skipping out on fights by switching and then trying to run amock on other channels, or guilds being able to flip around to channels and take control of areas based on which channel isn't getting as much action that day. There HAS to be some kind of compromise with how channel settings work otherwise it's going to be so abused.

So while I'd rather see specific servers and playstyles implemented that way, I wanted to use this for discussion in case PA is full steam ahead on megaserver.

Posted

I really like this idea, its like the best of both worlds imo. Definitely supporting this.

1 person likes this

Posted

NO for server or channel PvE or PvP/PK without karma.

Posted

this is just plain stupid topic... not even worth doing it, then I would rather have multiserver instead of megaserver

Posted

sounds like a bad idea and a way to quickly hide if you don't want to do gvg

Posted

OMG WTF

tumblr_m0rizdj3XC1qgyd4so1_500.gif

Posted

If ENDGAME is dead in kr is because there is low population.

A megaserver will kill the endgame content

Posted

how will this be different than a multi-server option? I mean, won't players who want to pvp / pve just stay on the channels dedicated to those?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0