• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stealing trade Carts

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to suggest a fix in the game concerning trade carts and fishing goods.
That would be nice if you allow stealing other people goods inside their carts after destroying it, take the goods, put them in your inventory and go sell them yourself.
It would create a totally new system and risk with trading and fishing,
We need some bandits Player ,not only npc's.

4 people like this

Posted

I suggested Pirate/thief for people that dropped their karma. But it got buried :(

Posted

I suggest you go play this game called ArcheAge if you want to be a griefer asshole.

10 people like this

Posted

YES! PLEASE! YES!  Would add soooo much to the game.

Posted (edited)

ah.....

Edited by userOnline
4 people like this

Posted

Yes, there are several other games like Archeage and Eve Online with open world pvp where you can be a d*ck and steal and plunder and ----- and burn stuff to the ground.  Please go play those games and don't ruin this one.

5 people like this

Posted

Rude & obnoxious.

2 people like this

Posted

No. Go play ArcheAge if you want to be a pirate.

3 people like this

Posted

Noooooooooo. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Man the elitism is intense. So we have to play a Pay to Win game, that's what you're saying? Get over yourself.

The point is it would provide incentive for another form of PvP and opens up various forms of both play and counter-play. Obviously this would not apply to NPC caravans, but only the ones an actual player is manual shipping via carriages. So your trades between cities that you hired the bank to ship would still be safe.

1 person likes this

Posted

I suggest you go play this game called ArcheAge if you want to be a griefer asshole.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this isnt griefing moron. This is PvP with reason behind it. Griefing is killing someone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over just to piss them off.

Somone in AA must have really pissed in your cornflakes.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would like to suggest a fix in the game concerning trade carts and fishing goods.
That would be nice if you allow stealing other people goods inside their carts after destroying it, take the goods, put them in your inventory and go sell them yourself.

I don't mean to be rude but you'll probably need to expand you're ideas on the suggested system a bit more if you want the devs to really think about it.

Edited by Zophix

Posted

As far as I can see, the person who has things stolen from them are the only ones with something to lose in this interaction.  What does the person doing the stealing risk losing if they fail or are killed during the attempt?  (and no, having people hunt you down for revenge does not count as a risk of losing something)

People who want to steal are just attention starved griefer trolls.  (Negative attention is better than no attention, right?)

If you wanna steal stuff, steal from npc's, and if thats not enough for you, go play a different game. Not every game needs the ability to steal from players.

3 people like this

Posted

If you wanna steal stuff, steal from npc's, and if thats not enough for you, go play a different game. Not every game needs the ability to steal from players.

Why is it that everyones response to someone wanting to have an interesting way to play the PvP aspect of a MMORPG is to "go play another game"...I could quite frankly say the same to you, if you do want to be killed by PvP, go play skyrim or another single player game...no chance of being Pked that way...and no im not a PvP'er...I just liketo know that im not "safe" in som little bubble in a MASSIVE MULIPLAYER game...it...gets...boring

Posted

Why is it that everyones response to someone wanting to have an interesting way to play the PvP aspect of a MMORPG is to "go play another game"...I could quite frankly say the same to you, if you do want to be killed by PvP, go play skyrim or another single player game...no chance of being Pked that way...and no im not a PvP'er...I just liketo know that im not "safe" in som little bubble in a MASSIVE MULIPLAYER game...it...gets...boring

Nowhere in my response did I say anything about pvp.  I was purely talking about the "stealing from players mechanic."

In fact, I love pvp and am happy to defend myself against anybody who wants to attempt to kill my character.  I have been a hardcore pvp'er ever since the Ultima Online/Everquest days of MMO's.  ( I even had a Castle in Feluca on Ultima Online, which was basically the "free for all" kill zone.)  I'm fine with somebody attacking me while i've got a tradepack, but I don't think they should get to loot the tradepack if I die.  I think that the tradepack would be better off being destroyed in the process so that nobody gets it.

I'm going to tell you why I think there are a few problems with stealing tradepacks.

1. Players who want to be bandits will often play their bandit as an alt, which will be set up to lose as little as possible.  I've heard players say this over and over "high risk, high reward," but those same people will have minimized any risk to themselves before going after traders.  All they will do is wait around for the right moment where they have the advantage.  They won't pick fair looking fights, they won't go after hard looking fights either. They will only attack easy prey.  

2.  Bandits have a habit of grouping together to increase their chances and profits.  If many of the bandits become bros with each other, who will make attempts to steal from the bandits when they are playing their other characters?  You wouldn't steal from your bandit bros would you? If you did, there is a chance they would stop helping you steal.

3. There is no direct trading in the game.  If you allow people to steal tradepacks, you will be giving currency sellers a way to give people currencies.  It would be exploitable. A bunch of currency sellers could create tradepacks, meet up somewhere, have one of their criminal characters kill them for the packs, and then let a non criminal player kill the criminal for the packs and BAM, PROFITS!

4. It's just f***ing mean (Oh, I should just toughen up, right? Who says I'm not? You don't know my history).  There is already a ton of pvp options in the game, but thats not enough for people who want to steal.   They want more than just to kill a person, they want to rub salt into the wound.  They want to become infamous for being as mean as possible. ( You can become infamous without stealing from players btw, I've done it myself in a few games.)  There's just no good reason for it, and especially not "the game would be boring without it."  Boring is subjective, btw.  The people who say the game would be boring without it are technically looking to play the wrong kind of game.  It's not about stealing. 

You said "I could quite frankly say the same to you, if you do want to be killed by PvP, go play skyrim or another single player game."  Well, I hate to break it to you, but I am here for pvp and player interactions, both things I could not get in Skyrim.  And being able to steal is actually not important for this type of game, in fact the game is better off without it.

Of course, you have the right to your opinion, and are free to disagree with me.

4 people like this

Posted

You can't entirely do that in this game, but you sort of can. This game isn't GTAV and it should definitely not bow to it's pressure.

Posted

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this isnt griefing moron. This is PvP with reason behind it. Griefing is killing someone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over just to piss them off.

Somone in AA must have really pissed in your cornflakes.

Yeah, that would have been the entire Western and 3/4 of the Eastern purpling server population of Salphira. Salphira was a terrible server. :/

Oh and "Griefing":the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering. 

My wording isn't wrong thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted

What? The preexisting thread on this subject that's been near the top of the front page for days wasn't working for you?

As I said there: 

No. Please don't turn this game into ArcheAge.  There are plenty of options and incentives for open world PvP already: namely sieges for control of cities/nodes and guild wars.

Posted

I really like what Exy wrote. So many good points!
All these posts about stealing trade packs have one thing in common: its an unbalanced system. The player spending all the money, skills for crafting and takes the time to trade have everything to loose. The criminal Is just looking for a fun an lazy way to make quick cash. If the trader carries the tradepack on their backs they are completely defenseless too.
All that crap about hiring guards is just even more loose for the traders. I haven't seen one tradepack stealing thread with a good and balanced system. Seems like too many want to turn BDO into a second ArcheAge

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, there are several other games like Archeage and Eve Online with open world pvp where you can be a d*ck and steal and plunder and ----- and burn stuff to the ground.  Please go play those games and don't ruin this one.

Please stop being a puss, and let this game be good and not a hug fest.

Posted

Am I the only one who laughed so hard at the name of this topic? XDDD

Posted

Please don't add this. I wholeheartedly disagree with any mechanic that pisses off PVE players trying to mind their own business and play the game. Instead I offer an alternative. Something that can be added to tradepacks to substantially increase their value. Doing so would flag both the player and the tradepack as PVP. But it remains completely optional.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, that would have been the entire Western and 3/4 of the Eastern purpling server population of Salphira. Salphira was a terrible server. :/

Oh and "Griefing":the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering. 

My wording isn't wrong thanks.

Lol killing someone for a trade pack to make gold isn't griefing you cry baby. That's pvp with an incentive. There killing you for the gold not to anger you. 

Angering you is a side effect not whats intended. God damn NA has so many cry babies it's unreal. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Please stop being a puss, and let this game be good and not a hug fest.

Or let Black Desert stay Black Desert. Zaiya isn't the one who's trying to make BDO become something it is not

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0