• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How did you come up with your family and character name?

166 posts in this topic

Posted

Fossoway for family ndame, cuz i like song of ice and fire and apples. and for character name Ekim, wich is mike backwards and sounds like a dwarven name

Posted

I used the family the name Deepriver, which I use for many online games, just because I live close to the Hudson River.  Many names I choose through the blending of names that are found in astronomy with spelling consistent with names of angels.  That's how I came up with Andromedriel.

Posted

I use japanese WWII warships for familyname, I prefer Yukikaze, and im fine with adding one "i" somewhere to get it.
For character name my first choice is Hyouka, for many reasons. Including fact that i love icecream (esp. in winter)
If  it is taken, or i make more than one character i go with various japenese names for female characters (i really like them).
For males i dont have any rules, i just go with the general feeling created character gives me.

Posted

Simply , I'm Creative  ;) 

Posted

Mr. LH_RavenCrow at your service

Posted

Leben means live so I thought it would be good mojo as a family name ^_^

Runo for first character

Posted

honestly can not remember, been using the same names for characters since EQ xD

Posted (edited)

Lots of neat names and stories behind them in the thread :3

My character/forum name came to me simple enough, Rosa is just another version of Rose which is my irl middle name, I've used some version of that in every game I've played for a long while now. xD I have other names for alts that I'm hoping aren't taken by the time I can make them so keeping those hush-hush for now :3

Family name, Lostsong. I've always enjoyed last names with 'song' in them, originally using Moonsong and other variations over the years. However, when I got with my husband I also took up his screen-last name of Verloren. Since we can't share that here I just took the meaning of the name, lost, and put song with it :P

Edited by Rosa

Posted

That's easy. For family name or username in general, most of my names are NEVER taken because they're always unique. That's also another reason why I'm never in a rush to "reserve" my names and take part in events or buy expensive game luxuries just for that. Just me though.

My naming convention is quite easy to follow. The name would be created in this way. The first word would be a code that your family want to represent. You can take the codes or symbols from the Code of Xia(Chinese), Code of Knight Chivalry(European), or the Bushido code(Japanese), i.e, bravery, honor,etc. The second word would be a type of action or desire I wish for such as fierce, healing, etc. The 3rd would be a word of nature...rain, thunder, etc.

Ex. Let's say you represent righteousness. So I chose the Chinese word for that and it's Yi. Second part would be my action or desire I want..let's say I want to heal others-let's go with German for heilen-google translate!! Third would be a word of some element cause by nature...so rain-the English? Add that up with some changing of the word structure to how you like it would sound and I went with, Yiheilinrin. I kept the Yi for righteousness but I changed the heilen to heilin and rain to rin. EASY!!

[Code/Symbol][Action,Desire,Wish][Natural Cause by Nature]

Posted

My family name, Sunn, is a nickname I had from my first MMO. I was Sunnflower, because Sunflower was taken :P and everyone called me Sunn. 

My first reserved character name is Erri, which is meant to mean "kind/caring" in Dothraki. I browsed some generators and found a GoT one, and as a fan I figured I'd go with it. Have found a lot of Dothraki names with meaning that I like :D Usually i just put some letters together and go with it, but I might stick with this for a while.

Posted (edited)

I just used "Zubei" as my Family name. It's the name I have used for years. To be honest, I should probably change it, though. It was the name of the character of an account that was given to me after the person quit. I played the character for years and just kept it. Usually when I come up with character names, they are based off various mythologies. Gods, Goddesses, Demons, ect...

Edited by Zubei

Posted

Family name came from my main character from Guild Wars 2. Don't exactly remember how I got it though, I believe I looked up a sort of "Dragonslayer name generator" and went from there. My Valkyrie's name is sort of a derivative of a character from the Fate series.

Posted

my Family name is "Isotammi" -> means Yddrassil in Finnish mythology^^

best

cudez

Posted

My family name means Wife in Chinese and my character name is Bonnie. My boyfriend is also playing so you can guess what his family name and in game name is. (It's Clyde haha.)

I learned about the duo (Bonnie and Clyde) back in middle school and a bit in high school and I really liked them a lot! Bonus because they were a couple who committed crimes which I thought was really cool back then. 

Posted

I honestly have no idea where i got this because when i put it into google the only thing i get is me. Ive pretty much always used it though.

Posted (edited)

It's just Raph. Character name is Raphan. Inspired by Raphael from the Ninja Turtles, lol

Surprised I got it to be honest. Just started playing a few days ago.

Edited by rise_above

Posted (edited)

Hi

I've had names that I used since Ultima Online, like Lily White but I couldn't get any name that I wanted in this game.

Even alternate spellings of everything I tried had been taken.

I finally ended up using an alternate spelling of the word "Song" from the character in Doctor Who, but the name River wasn't available either or any variation that I could come up with.

I even tried a number of Scottish names but they had all been used already.

So I finally used a variation of Lucy, the name of one of my dogs and also a animated character that I make short videos about.

Not very satisfying but by forcing you to have both the first and last name unique makes it very hard, I think that like other games I've played the family name should have been unique and let you use any first name that you want just like real life, there are a lot of Mikes out there.

By the way, I hate that they always display the name last name first so that doesn't even read correctly.

Mike

Edited by Mike Hawthorne

Posted

Um fsidebar is my family name, since I saw on 9gag once in the link it said "fsidebar" in the end, and I have just used it on steam ever since that, and pinkomega from filthyfrank and my other char "Plus" just because it was available.

Try just searching for random words on links or websites that sticks nice to the tounge and isn't really popular, and go for that, use family name maybe what your own last name is.

Posted

Always seen dragons as shapeshifters.. and all your characters are in family, be they giants, eleves or humans.. So I thought, well might aswell be a lesser dragonline or something.. and since I am korean and found the korean word for it.. Hangul.

Posted

Family Name: Royal_Knight 

inspiration: Digimon Royal Knights cuz why not?

Posted

I get basic names cus don't wanna stand out too much but I like them to be cute 

Posted

Lykaon-God Wolf

Or something......

tumblr_n0b23eT5oQ1tpbdojo1_500.gif

Posted (edited)

Hehehe... I took my family name from a character from a certain H-RPG.

"Fuoco" from a character named 'Serena Fuoco Le Brilliante de La Grazia'

Edited by Koquonfaes

Posted

My sorc is named Amigdala. Bloodborn fans recognize it immediately. It's a goddess and boss but also a part in the brain which causes the emotion of fear. So the black magic suites the image of fear i think.

The family name is Burgess. I think i've chosen it unconsciously. It is the name of Jesus Burgess which is a one Piece character but i remembered this only afterwards.

Posted (edited)

My sorc is named Amigdala. Bloodborn fans recognize it immediately. It's a goddess and boss but also a part in the brain which causes the emotion of fear. So the black magic suites the image of fear i think.

The family name is Burgess. I think i've chosen it unconsciously. It is the name of Jesus Burgess which is a one Piece character but i remembered this only afterwards.

I did recognize it, but not immediately.For a moment I was like, why would you name yourself a part of a brain. 

Edited by Lulilummu