• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Required Cooking Skill Levels

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know what cooking level you need to be in order to successfully cook oatmeal? I just tired and it "ate" my ingredients and I got no oatmeal to feed my workers. Not okay! A guide to cooking levels and the recipes that unlock at each level would be freakin' awesome if someone wants to compile that info!!!! I'm sure everyone would love it!

Posted

I have not found any good guides for either alchemy or cooking. But I suggest using beer till at least 20 and make sure you do all the processing quests from the guide button of the black spirit. Until you do those quests you are locked from certain recipes

Posted (edited)

I would highly suggest making truck loads of beer for your workers. You still use the grain's (wheat, potatoes etc.), but that's all you need. All the rest of the ingredients can be bought from innkeepers. I've been making loads of beer to up my skill to apprentice, and you have the added bonus of now having ample supply of stamina replenishment for your workers.

Edited by Raigir

Posted

Im using this: http://bddatabase.net/us/recipes/culinary/

it does not show the required level, but things like "good fed" requires apprentice1, i expect to be able to coock almost anything at skilled 1

btw, all recipes that require 1 fresh fish can be crafted with 2 dried fish

Posted

A great guide about cooking can be found here: 

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/all-recipes/

oatmeal can actually be cooked by any profession level. Are you using the right recipe?

OatmealMilk x3, Onions x3, Edible Honey x2, Flour x9

Posted (edited)

A great guide about cooking can be found here: 

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/all-recipes/

oatmeal can actually be cooked by any profession level. Are you using the right recipe?

OatmealMilk x3, Onions x3, Edible Honey x2, Flour x9

The problem with bdfoundry's guides is that they still don't put skill levels required. So if you try to make them thinking you can but don't have the skill you lose the mats. Some one needs to make an actual guide giving all of the relevant information

Edit - Since I now got it to load finally ... I see that they added in that info by color coding. It's now my go to for cooking and alch thanks!

Edited by Enitzu

Posted (edited)

The problem with bdfoundry's guides is that they still don't put skill levels required. So if you try to make them thinking you can but don't have the skill you lose the mats. Some one needs to make an actual guide giving all of the relevant information

The color of the meal name actually represents skill level required (stated in the beginning of the guide). Gray means no level required. I followed the guide and it seems to be very accurate. 

• White dishes can be prepared at any profession level
  • Green dishes require Apprentice Lv.1 or higher to prepare
  • Blue dishes require Skilled Lv.1 or higher to prepare
  • Yellow dishes require Experienced Lv.1 or higher to prepare
  • Orange dishes require Artisan Lv.1 or higher to prepare
  • These conditions apply to all dishes unless stated otherwise
Edited by KatsuragiAi

Posted (edited)

Well, I'm using "Cooking Honey" "Milk" "Onion" "Wheat Flour".

Is it technically the wrong recipe, or is it actually just a level issue?

and thanks for links.

Edited by Shades

Posted

Well, I'm using "Cooking Honey" "Milk" "Onion" "Wheat Flour".

Is it technically the wrong recipe, or is it actually just a level issue?

and thanks for links.

It might just be a level issue or RNG is a factor. I've one failed a cooking that I knew the recipe too but I tried it again(through continuous cooking) and it worked.

Posted

It might just be a level issue or RNG is a factor. I've one failed a cooking that I knew the recipe too but I tried it again(through continuous cooking) and it worked.

It's a level issue. I decided to throw more materials on a second try. This time, it said I didn't have the required level, not that it might be the level, OR the materials.

Thanks for the help. Maybe OP sees this, or already found out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0