• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What level do I need to quit at to never PvP?

232 posts in this topic

Posted

What level do I need to keep my toons at to never PvP?  Can i make a toon, get to level 44, delete her for an alt and keep crafting, gathering, cooking etc til I'm sick of the game?

I won't play this game if griefing becomes a thing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If it's like CBT2 44, if it's like korea 49. The 49 would be better because there is a quest before you can  reach 50. I'd really prefer that. 

I'm in the same boat with PKing, I have no interest in dealing with that but a lot of the PvE elements in this game as so amazing. 

As it stands I plan to park characters that reach 44 iun town. Don't delete them! The way the logistics of the game are set up it is useful to have characters in different places to do different things for your account/family.

Edited by ShadowCat
6 people like this

Posted

49 would be way better.  see how it pans out. there ma be a flagging system implemented. if so no probs levelling to 50+.   if not sure what I will do. However 49 is best for those only wanting pve.  

Posted

I think they should allow flagging at ANY level, so if lvl 20 PvP folk want to OWPvP with each other they can. That being said I want flagging after 45 or 50 or whatever to mean people who aren't flagged will be left alone. 

6 people like this

Posted

I agree with you guys. I have no interest in PVP either. I don't believe there is any way to level lock in BDO either. >:(

2 people like this

Posted

There won't be much griefing at all unless you steal mobs from other people in front of their faces. See someone leveling above 45lvl? Find another place and no one will ever touch you.

Posted

Honestly you should be fine in this game, As mentioned by Richy unless you on purposely steal stuff nothing would happen to you, not worth the Penalties they would get :P

1 person likes this

Posted

what about my wagon full of goodies??? surely bandits will come and try to kill me and steal my goods.

That is pvp end game.  not pkers but pkstealers. 

Posted

what about my wagon full of goodies??? surely bandits will come and try to kill me and steal my goods.

You can't loot other players or their wagons/horses/whatevers.

1 person likes this

Posted

join anti-pk guild. Fight the good fight.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can't loot other players or their wagons/horses/whatevers.

But you can destroy them.

Posted

Yes, but you were talking about stealing. Destroying something while destroyer gets no benefit = griefing.

Posted (edited)

You can, but there is no loss of items or anything in a destroyed wagon. You just need to collect it in town.

The player destroying the wagon takes a karma penalty. It is very unlikely that anyone will ever destroy your wagon unless someone really really personally dislikes you and are willing to sacrifice lots just to make you lose a few min to collect your wagon. IF you get ganked and respawn, there is a good chance the ganker will be long gone. If he stays, and you or someone else kills him, he loses items and more exp under karma penalty, while you and anyone nearby can freely try to gang up o him without penalty.

Griefing in this game is very heavily penalized, risky, and carries zero reward. It is very unlikely that anyone who wants to pve will be forced into pvp or getting ganked repeatedly.

Edited by Fatbelly
clarify

Posted

So many misconceptions about reaching max level will guarantee to get you PKed/griefed etc... haven't you seen all the heavy penalty threads being put on PvPers that will all but remove that element from someone who doesn't want to PvP?

The PKer will essentially destroy his own character by PKing/griefing, so if you're just going about your own business, yes, perhaps you might get killed once but this won't be a persistent problem due to all the penalties PKers get.

Posted

Well it would be nice to give some sort of option. You know what's the point of not wanting to fight other but others get penalty for killing you. Also there will be a bandit city sooner or later. Why would those with negative karma care if you don't want to pvp. They'll keep killing you.

Posted

Well it would be nice to give some sort of option. You know what's the point of not wanting to fight other but others get penalty for killing you. Also there will be a bandit city sooner or later. Why would those with negative karma care if you don't want to pvp. They'll keep killing you.

If they kill you, and get negative karma.. and someone or a group just happens to run by and kills them, or you respawn and are more prepared and manage to kill them back just one time.. they will drop some of their items.

You lose nothing, they risk losing everything. The system is so harsh on ganking that it really shouldn't be a problem. 

IF someone ever ganks you repeatedly, just write in chat or guild and my guess is dozens of people will come and try to kill the person just for loot. It is a pretty good and self-sanitizing system as it is.

Posted (edited)

If they kill you, and get negative karma.. and someone or a group just happens to run by and kills them, or you respawn and are more prepared and manage to kill them back just one time.. they will drop some of their items.

You lose nothing, they risk losing everything. The system is so harsh on ganking that it really shouldn't be a problem. 

IF someone ever ganks you repeatedly, just write in chat or guild and my guess is dozens of people will come and try to kill the person just for loot. It is a pretty good and self-sanitizing system as it is.

Well ok but what's the point than. If they are punished so severely. Wouldn't it be the same if you would have some sort of PvE lock before you login so they cant attack you or you them without logging out.

It's seems way easier to have an immunity option than all this mumbo jumbo. They see you they ignore you you ignore them. Just like you say this karma system works. Seems kinda pointless.

Also some will be there just to grieve others. Especially lone players that only want to PvE

Edited by Rune_Thor

Posted

Since it seems relevant, if someone PK's you and logs out and jumps on a different toon, is that toon flagged as well with the negative karma?

Posted

What if your goods became stealible but in return they also became more valueble? In theory a successful trade will earn more silver then it does in current game but as a risk other players can steal your stuff. For example wouldnt it be more fun to have to come up with a plan before trying to make a good trade instead of autopathing your character to the next city?

I'm a PvXplayer (X=I enjoy everything about the game) myself and I can tell you if I find someone griefing or behaving badly I'd really enjoy killing that player. What's the point in randomly killing a PvE player when there is no gain? 

There is a karmasystem already in place and perhaps a upcoming bountyhunter system but as of now there is no point of it all since there is no gain in killing anyone owpvp except griefing which is bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Since it seems relevant, if someone PK's you and logs out and jumps on a different toon, is that toon flagged as well with the negative karma?

In the thread about Bounty Hunter it says that:

• Bounties are placed on Family Names, you will not be able to use multiple characters to exploit the system

So... maybe? Here's the link to the thread: CLICK.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

in addition the channel system will help a lot. If someone is grieffing a channel to to safe not and move to another channel. Where a lot of things are account based some things like trading levels are not. keep your chars the penalties for unchecked aggression are high.

Edited by trixsterjl

Posted (edited)

Personally, I would be eternally grateful for the official info about LVL which opens PVP before the start the game.

Anyone from Developers please?

Edited by Attronach

Posted (edited)

But but but its like real life. You can sneak around and watch out for pkers, or bring buddies to protect you and if they do pk you its a big penalty? Sounds so fun :)

Edited by Sergio

Posted

Instead of deleting your character just cap lvl to 44 and enjoy crafting gathering materials on your main character?

Instead of deleting your character just cap lvl to 44 and enjoy crafting gathering materials on your main character?

Posted (edited)

What if your goods became stealible but in return they also became more valueble? In theory a successful trade will earn more silver then it does in current game but as a risk other players can steal your stuff. For example wouldnt it be more fun to have to come up with a plan before trying to make a good trade instead of autopathing your character to the next city?

I'm a PvXplayer (X=I enjoy everything about the game) myself and I can tell you if I find someone griefing or behaving badly I'd really enjoy killing that player. What's the point in randomly killing a PvE player when there is no gain? 

There is a karmasystem already in place and perhaps a upcoming bountyhunter system but as of now there is no point of it all since there is no gain in killing anyone owpvp except griefing which is bad.

true if you could loot my wagon, it would create drama.   However you would become an instant out law,  once I reported to the authorities.

Edited by Vince
1 person likes this