• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What level do I need to quit at to never PvP?

232 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate that we are even considering level locking tbh. But otherwise we are forced into a game style that we have no interest in. All things equal, we shouldn't have to even consider level locking. But people are hell bent on destroying this game for PVEers.

Posted

Why do you want to seperate yourselfs from the world like that?

I hate PVP because cost me online gaming time (PKed, respawn, running back ...)

And one more important thing.  BDO have incredibly well done PvE part of the game. That's why I'd like to play.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate PVP because cost me online gaming time (PKed, respawn, running back ...)

And one more important thing.  BDO have incredibly well done PvE part of the game. That's why I'd like to play.

Yes some of the PvE is indeed awesome but so will the ow/pvp be if done right.

I hate that we are even considering level locking tbh. But otherwise we are forced into a game style that we have no interest in. All things equal, we shouldn't have to even consider level locking. But people are hell bent on destroying this game for PVEers.

Don't think anyone want to destroy anything for PvErs

Feel like we are going in circles here but as always guys it's a MMO sandbox after all and from my understanding in sandbox games all players are supose to be able to effect eachother in some way. May it be through killing eachother or helping eachother, the final point is that there will be other players about all the time

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you want to seperate yourselfs from the world like that?

We aren't seperating ourselves from the world. We will still be selling stuff to everyone, working on our skills which will provide better stuff for everyone to buy. The problem is PvP focused people just can't see that the PvE content is enough for us. We aren't limiting ourselves. All we are doing is playing the game with the features we love.

I don't have to eat everything served to me on a plate to have a great, filling meal. Love asparagus? Here, take mine! I am not going to eat it. 

2 people like this

Posted

Yes dude, we the pvpers are hell bound on trying to stop you from fishing, farming, trading, training, mining. Yes, we are you found out about our amazing plan to rid the wold of crafters and fishing. Yes. You got us.

Id like to point out that the only thing that pvers and pvpers are argueing about are the player killing abilities, not fish stealing abilities, not cart stealing (you can destroy cart, bu its just a waste of time), not crafting blocker. No, the only thing we have disagreement upon is IF there is a reason or me to kill you, I will, but doing for just cause is stupid. Most likely 99% of the owpvp community are in agreement with me, that you are not gonna get attacked at all unless  you try to take their grinding area... hats it. Theres no other reason.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes dude, we the pvpers are hell bound on trying to stop you from fishing, farming, trading, training, mining. Yes, we are you found out about our amazing plan to rid the wold of crafters and fishing. Yes. You got us.

Id like to point out that the only thing that pvers and pvpers are argueing about are the player killing abilities, not fish stealing abilities, not cart stealing (you can destroy cart, bu its just a waste of time), not crafting blocker. No, the only thing we have disagreement upon is IF there is a reason or me to kill you, I will, but doing for just cause is stupid. Most likely 99% of the owpvp community are in agreement with me, that you are not gonna get attacked at all unless  you try to take their grinding area... hats it. Theres no other reason.

You aren't the problem. The sociopaths that talk about just wanting to PK all the time, because they feel like it, and lulz, with no repercussions are the problem. There have been quite a few of them on these forums. Those are the people we are trying to avoid by just avoiding PvP all together. 

7 people like this

Posted

You aren't the problem. The sociopaths that talk about just wanting to PK all the time, because they feel like it, and lulz, with no repercussions are the problem. There have been quite a few of them on these forums. Those are the people we are trying to avoid by just avoiding PvP all together. 

Big +1

Posted

If you have already considered capping at lvl 44 or 49 (whatever the level is for pvp to start)- why not just go ahead and see if the griefing is as bad as you fear it is? If it is, then make an alt and keep your higher level in a safe zone as you have said.

But after playing kr for 14+ months, I can assure you that pking is not as prominent as you think, and more than likely will not happen due to the karma system. 

As well pvpers also must watch out for pkers, for pkers dont discriminate. Im a pvpver. Im always looking for pvp, and in tyhe entire time ive played, grinding many hours in one of the top spots (sausan) i was attacked once-and the pker was killed because everyone there jumped in to kill the pker. There are many pvpers like myself that if i see a red name im attacking, if i see a pker trying to pk someone gathering, farming, trading etc.... i will jump in and defend the player. The only time you trully have to worry about pking from me and many pvpers is if you ks from us, which then that is on you.

My point being dont limit yourself to fully enjoying the game before you have even played it. 

Just to clarify for you. For the NA/EU version, Daum is talking about reducing the Karma penalties by 75% from the Korean version, maybe even more.. to ENCOURAGE PKing. Mainly because people think PKing is the same as PVP. 

Posted

Just to clarify for you. For the NA/EU version, Daum is talking about reducing the Karma penalties by 75% from the Korean version, maybe even more.. to ENCOURAGE PKing. Mainly because people think PKing is the same as PVP. 

the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Posted

That's what I am worried about. 

Posted

I think a lot of people here completely understimate the fact that not all the people who are big into trading, crafting and PvE dislike PvP. As a matter of fact there is quite a lot of players who enjoy all these three aspects of the game equally. If you're a PvE only player and you're given the ability to cap yourself at 44 or 49 to become completely immune to PvP then you are put in a very advantageous situation compared to the level 50+ PvX players in that you are taking no risks for exactly the same rewards thus making yourself more efficient than a 50+ trader for example. For this reason I don't think that it is something that should be allowed to happen or if it is, it should come with some sort of penalties (ie not having access to certain materials, or only being able to reach a certain level in life skills).

I personally think that a solid karma system and APK/Merc guilds should be enough to avoid griefing. It won't stop the PvE only players from getting killed occasionally but I really don't think that PA has any intention of removing PKing entirely from the game, so if getting killed is an absolute deal breaker for these people then there are and will always be a lot of MMOs for them to play where such things can't happen.

Posted

Dude if you like the PvE and PvP stuff the game has that's great. Have a ball. I have zero problems with most PvPers, it's the PKers who are in it to troll and grief and just ruin others' days, they are the ones I have a problem with. 

Dude if you like the PvE and PvP stuff the game has that's great. Have a ball. I have zero problems with most PvPers, it's the PKers who are in it to troll and grief and just ruin others' days, they are the ones I have a problem with. 

Posted (edited)

What level do I need to keep my toons at to never PvP?  Can i make a toon, get to level 44, delete her for an alt and keep crafting, gathering, cooking etc til I'm sick of the game?

I won't play this game if griefing becomes a thing.

Awesome. We just wish the game had perma death, and the carebears are helpfully offering to perma-suicide all by themselves.

"You can't grief us because we're preemptively griefing ourselves!"

I never accused PVEers of being bright, but between this and the "we're going to grief PvPers by repeatedly running into their swords" guy, this is something else entirely.

Edited by Eleris

Posted

Steal their grinding area?  Did you buy or rent that exclusive area?  My point is that if I intentionally steal or try to steal a mob or something.from you.....my bad, I'm dead.  I probably deserved it. However, you stated a "grinding area".  We may need the mobs also for a quest or something. Maybe we want to grind also, possibly for hides or meat or something we need.

I don't want to keep looking over my shoulder while hunting because I might be in someone's "privately claimed area".  This would not be fun for me and ruin my game eventually.  Then I would be asked why I quit the game I loved so much and would have no other choice but to say..... I couldn't enjoy the game because of all the PKers.

I don't think I'm alone in this.

I'm not saying that all PvPers are jerks, but many are, and they go out of their way to try and ruin it for others. I only see two solutions to this . . . . .

1) Exclusive PVE and PVP servers, and 2) A flag button where if NOT flagged, you cannot be killed.  This option allows us to co-exist and not piss each other off. lol.

We aren't seperating ourselves from the world. We will still be selling stuff to everyone, working on our skills which will provide better stuff for everyone to buy. The problem is PvP focused people just can't see that the PvE content is enough for us. We aren't limiting ourselves. All we are doing is playing the game with the features we love.

I don't have to eat everything served to me on a plate to have a great, filling meal. Love asparagus? Here, take mine! I am not going to eat it. 

This!

Oh, no trading.....can't give away your asparagus!  Sorry, had to say it. lol

2 people like this

Posted

It's like you're already grieving before it gets there

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess I'll just have to sell it on the AH with my l337 cooking skillz.

Posted

you can always g with the motto... kill them first before they can kill you. Has never failed me yet, sending me to my death that is

you can always g with the motto... kill them first before they can kill you. Has never failed me yet, sending me to my death that is

Posted

It's like you're already grieving before it gets there

It's pretty hilarious how paranoid some people are, so terrified of PVP to the point they'll stop leveling and delete their character to stay safe. And I thought channel/server dodging was cowardly. 

99% of the owpvp community are in agreement with me, that you are not gonna get attacked at all unless  you try to take their grinding area... that's it. There's no other reason.

You're right who in their right mind would take a karma hit to kill some random, it's beyond stupid to want to grind for 30-40mins each kill against someone who's 0 threat. 

Posted

Go back to Farmville then you wanker 

And you are an example of player making them hate all PvPers and not wanting to have anything to do with you. How the f can you be so blind?

5 people like this

Posted

So you want to play a PvP orientated game but don't like to PvP...ok...

Stop with this PvE drama,grow some balls and fight,big crying babies,you have non combat zones and that's all we need.

Nothing satisfies this community lol.

Posted

You come on the forum where there is enough tensions between the sides threatening to jeopardize the game and you act like a total moron pouring the oil into the fire. The only ignorant cow here is you. Btw my Father is dead, you can talk to my husband if you have any balls. Welcome to my ignore list you uncontrolled idiot.

I like you Kat. You're spicy but prolly super cool in real life. Cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like you Kat. You're spicy but prolly super cool in real life. Cheers.

I like you too. Even though I may not always agree with all your ideas, you will not just roll over and play a doormat. I am quite sure some of those oh so badass "peeveepeeners" might get a surprise if they bump into one of us and would probably run away with their tail between their legs. They are too whiny and unintelligent to be anything but laughing stock ingame.

2 people like this

Posted

I like you too. Even though I may not always agree with all your ideas, you will not just roll over and play a doormat. I am quite sure some of those oh so badass "peeveepeeners" might get a surprise if they bump into one of us and would probably run away with their tail between their legs. They are too whiny and unintelligent to be anything but laughing stock ingame.

I take it you're not considering lvl locking yourself then?

Posted

I take it you're not considering lvl locking yourself then?

Why would I lock myself out of anything in game?

Posted

Steal their grinding area?  Did you buy or rent that exclusive area?  My point is that if I intentionally steal or try to steal a mob or something.from you.....my bad, I'm dead.  I probably deserved it. However, you stated a "grinding area".  We may need the mobs also for a quest or something. Maybe we want to grind also, possibly for hides or meat or something we need.

I don't want to keep looking over my shoulder while hunting because I might be in someone's "privately claimed area".  This would not be fun for me and ruin my game eventually.  Then I would be asked why I quit the game I loved so much and would have no other choice but to say..... I couldn't enjoy the game because of all the PKers.

I don't think I'm alone in this.

I'm not saying that all PvPers are jerks, but many are, and they go out of their way to try and ruin it for others. I only see two solutions to this . . . . .

1) Exclusive PVE and PVP servers, and 2) A flag button where if NOT flagged, you cannot be killed.  This option allows us to co-exist and not piss each other off. lol.

This!

I'm sorry but as far as I know and according to a recent interview with the Community Manager that is how the game is currently intended to be played. You needing something out of a world boss or a grinding spot doesn't entitle you to kill or occupy them. Some people will probably want to help you in your task but if someone is willing to fight you to monopolize the area or steal it from you then they have the right to do so and are playing the game normally. I do hope for you that there will be enough of these so that the more aggressive players concentrate in the more covetted spots and compete for them there, leaving the more peaceful players to less popular areas to grind more or less in peace. But even then there is no guarantee that you will be completely safe, especially if you are in Valencia after the Valencia part II update.

Exclusive PvE and PvP servers is something I can get behind, a flag button however would completely break the game for PvP enabled players and put PvP immune players in a ridiculously advantageous position when it comes to trading activities and competing for spots, world bosses.

So what? stop -----ing whining about the game not having enough PvE content just be happy that they even release this game -.- 

one-does-not-simply-get-woman-to-shut-up.jpg

With all due respect this thread isn't about the game not having enough PvE content so you should be the one to shut the f up. Get lost.