• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What level do I need to quit at to never PvP?

232 posts in this topic

Posted

Irregardless or whether or not there should be a way to opt out of PvP combat, I find it interesting that the feeling is large enough in some people that they are considering ways to stop their character's advancement to distance themselves from it.

If devs/GMs/whoever notice this thread, I hope they take at least that much from it.

For those of you who love this game and are forced to do something like delete your character and restart, I feel for you.

... All the same, though, I will probably attack you at one point or another if you enable PvP.

<3

Posted

Here is my plan. 

I do like Objective based PvP where groups are involved. Even uneven ones. So I do plan on leveling at least two characters up. 

I also plan on having a few alts (3-4) (each a different class so I can learn them a little) that will stop at level 40 or so (44 I'm just about certain is the PvP cap and there is a quest that can be done earlier) those will be my energy farms they will be in different locations and they will have as much inventory as I can muster on them. So they can move from city to city if need be. They will also farm ore and herbs as needed. when I don't want to use workers. 

If grieving is an issue I will likely channel hop depending on how bad it is. 1% xp is a lot to lose. Particularly if you aren't grinding a lot every day. If you grind 2% of the level and then get ganked twice your whole day was just wasted. That is no fun. I suspect most of the Ganking will disappear fairly fast.. most will stick to flagged or outlaw players. the bad eggs will be come fairly complain that carebears ruined the game and go back to Archage or EvE or CS/CoD

Either that... or a huge percentage of "carebears" will leave frustrated that they work is negated by groups of grievers and Daum will Nerf the OWPvP to the point there is no point an that will bring back some of the PvE players (more than the grievers they lost) and more PvE content will be brought into the game.. not because "carebears" are ruining anything but because Grievers not carebears will ruin PvP for everyone. 

So basically don't worry too much there are ways to avoid it if needed for a while. 

But ya 44 and you should be safe. 

Irregardless or whether or not there should be a way to opt out of PvP combat, I find it interesting that the feeling is large enough in some people that they are considering ways to stop their character's advancement to distance themselves from it.

If devs/GMs/whoever notice this thread, I hope they take at least that much from it.

For those of you who love this game and are forced to do something like delete your character and restart, I feel for you.

... All the same, though, I will probably attack you at one point or another if you enable PvP.

<3

You know there will be days I will likely flag. and if I flag feel free to attack me.. but if I am a "white" High Karma player and I'm not flagged why not just find a flagged player or a Yellow, Purple or Red player.. (Assuming that is the system they use and I hope they do) That way you know you aren't hurting the play experience of someone else who isn't looking for it and instead can attack a likely more skilled PvPer who will actually enjoy the fight as much as you? 

Lmao are you stupid or something? gtfo

Actually he is right.. the original intent was to have players fight over world boss spawn points. 

There is a EvE light element to the PvP in the game in that all players can be attacked.. however the Karma system should keep most of it to a minimum. The only value in attacking a High Karma player is to lower your own karma. A combination of players wanting to fight and multiple Channels means that most players can find a balance. Joining a guild is also good, particularly if you have someone to grind with. You are less likely to be ganked if there are 4 of you grouped. There will still by high geared jackasses that will want to pwn noobs 4 lulz but that is true in almost any game. Again with luck it should be kept to a minimum. 

The PvP is designed to be part of the game. In KR from what I've heard a group of Grievers decided to ruin it for everyone and the KR karma system was put in place as it is now. All because they can't act like decent human beings. 

In the end I suspect if the Grievers get out of control.. well Daum will kill OWPvP in a similar way they did in Korea if not worse. They will then refocus on a more PvE focused content. Which is a shame because the duality of the system could be awesome. 

Posted

Honestly you should be fine in this game, As mentioned by Richy unless you on purposely steal stuff nothing would happen to you, not worth the Penalties they would get :P

I don't think many people understand how harsh the penalties are for PK on this game. Keep spreading the knowledge.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I
HATE

PVP

It sucks. But because I don't like it doesn't mean you should. I'm all for everyone playing their way until it effects my gameplay. That's why I'm so outspoken about PKing on these forums. I really want to love this game. I want all of us to.

Allright man, just find it sad that the only solution you see is to stop lvling up. Trying to take away the ow/pvp would destroy the game.

I don't think anyone is saying to take away owpvp with saying they just don't want to PvP.   Some people really just want to sit and craft/gather all day and not worry about any PvP element if they can avoid it.

Just to clarify for you. For the NA/EU version, Daum is talking about reducing the Karma penalties by 75% from the Korean version, maybe even more.. to ENCOURAGE PKing. Mainly because people think PKing is the same as PVP. 

And this will likely cause the crafting/gathering community to quit playing the game.   I really hope this doesn't happen.   I support the crafters!!!!   The more people throwing stuff up on the AH the lower prices become.  If all those PvE crafter/gatherers stop playing you're going to see sharp rises in items that have high demand.

Edited by goliagen

Posted

I wouldn't worry myself too much. Most PVPers I've come across are understanding to situations, such as if you're grinding for exp or even needed materials. With a bit of diplomacy, be it with words or with the sword, players can often come to an understanding.

Sure, you run into a ----- now and then. But those kinds of people don't normally last long, as they tend to piss off the wrong type of people.

Just befriend people, and hunt in packs. PVPers are less inclined to attack others if they're in a larger group.

Posted

Still waiting on PvP level.

Just found out an uber PvP friend (white knight like if vikings had paladins, he would be one) is playing this so I have good revenge source if I do decide to breech PvP level on one character and one of the sociopaths messes with me. That makes me feel much better. 

Posted

Unfortunately the game is not going to be a safe haven.  There are scumbags who will causing you misery.  But most of the PVPers here are NOT scumbags.  Some of them MAY have some questionable beliefs and may be a little irritating, but they're not out to hunt everyone down.  They just want to play, they want to enjoy this game, and like you, they're also going to PvE.

PvE has to do with more than just mob grinding.  There's hunting, farming, alchemy, fishing, horse taming.  And the gear that they want will HAVE to come from mob hunting.  If they want a boat without forking over some sponduli, they gotta craft.  If they want to manage as many nodes as they can, they HAVE to collect knowledge and do side quests.

But the PvP side is just as plentiful, and that's what they like.  Most of the challenge comes from competing with eachother anyway.  Mobs won't give that challenge till later, and if you give PvP a chance you might actually like it.

Here's what you need to do though, stepping in.  I ALSO need to do this.  I gathered some good pointers but I won't ignore the fact that I'm a noob.  These are worth remembering for both of us.

1.  It'll be better for you if you can grow a thick skin with some of these people.  Some can be SUPER competitive and they might actually try to solicit an angry response through taunting or insults after beating you.  Just humor them, you know?  You don't even lose that much anyway, not until level 50 when the grinding will be more intense.  And you get to spawn to the nearest town if you want so you can come right back.  The butthead that killed you might've moved on by then, and if not you might actually want to try getting the DROP on him for some of that sweet vengeance.

B.  Another thing to consider is go in groups.  Some solo gankers might think twice before dancing with you and your posse.  If you're lucky they'll be in the red, and you won't get any karma loss from kicking their ass.  Guilds can help protect you.  Just try to fund them as much as you can and you should be in good company.

(>*0*)>: While we're at it, let's talk about these vocal PvPers here on the forum that keep spewing salt up in the air like a geyser of sparkling white stupid.  Let them puke out their remarks.  They're the ones emptying their guts all over the floor in anguish over the karma system.  You're not on that side of the defication deluge, so you don't HAVE to be salty!  You're good, ya hear?

And for Odin's sake, have fun with this game.  It's too good to be scared away by a little bit of competitive player killing.  You'll be fine, trust me.

Posted

The problem is in the US/NA we are going to have a hell of a lot more jerks than in other markets because America is full of idiots, jerks and scoiopathic children. Just look at current politics. This country is horrifying. 

PROVE ME WORNG!

Seriously Idiocracy is a freaking documentary.

Posted

shit.jpg

Posted

Here is my plan. 

I do like Objective based PvP where groups are involved. Even uneven ones. So I do plan on leveling at least two characters up. 

I also plan on having a few alts (3-4) (each a different class so I can learn them a little) that will stop at level 40 or so (44 I'm just about certain is the PvP cap and there is a quest that can be done earlier) those will be my energy farms they will be in different locations and they will have as much inventory as I can muster on them. So they can move from city to city if need be. They will also farm ore and herbs as needed. when I don't want to use workers. 

If grieving is an issue I will likely channel hop depending on how bad it is. 1% xp is a lot to lose. Particularly if you aren't grinding a lot every day. If you grind 2% of the level and then get ganked twice your whole day was just wasted. That is no fun. I suspect most of the Ganking will disappear fairly fast.. most will stick to flagged or outlaw players. the bad eggs will be come fairly complain that carebears ruined the game and go back to Archage or EvE or CS/CoD

Either that... or a huge percentage of "carebears" will leave frustrated that they work is negated by groups of grievers and Daum will Nerf the OWPvP to the point there is no point an that will bring back some of the PvE players (more than the grievers they lost) and more PvE content will be brought into the game.. not because "carebears" are ruining anything but because Grievers not carebears will ruin PvP for everyone. 

So basically don't worry too much there are ways to avoid it if needed for a while. 

But ya 44 and you should be safe. 

You know there will be days I will likely flag. and if I flag feel free to attack me.. but if I am a "white" High Karma player and I'm not flagged why not just find a flagged player or a Yellow, Purple or Red player.. (Assuming that is the system they use and I hope they do) That way you know you aren't hurting the play experience of someone else who isn't looking for it and instead can attack a likely more skilled PvPer who will actually enjoy the fight as much as you? 

Actually he is right.. the original intent was to have players fight over world boss spawn points. 
There is a EvE light element to the PvP in the game in that all players can be attacked.. however the Karma system should keep most of it to a minimum. The only value in attacking a High Karma player is to lower your own karma. A combination of players wanting to fight and multiple Channels means that most players can find a balance. Joining a guild is also good, particularly if you have someone to grind with. You are less likely to be ganked if there are 4 of you grouped. There will still by high geared jackasses that will want to pwn noobs 4 lulz but that is true in almost any game. Again with luck it should be kept to a minimum. 

The PvP is designed to be part of the game. In KR from what I've heard a group of Grievers decided to ruin it for everyone and the KR karma system was put in place as it is now. All because they can't act like decent human beings. 

In the end I suspect if the Grievers get out of control.. well Daum will kill OWPvP in a similar way they did in Korea if not worse. They will then refocus on a more PvE focused content. Which is a shame because the duality of the system could be awesome. 

There will be lots of anti-RPK guilds like mine running around. Just get some on your friendlist and if you get attacked by some red player, we'll happily come along and clear them away for you.

Posted (edited)

Some can be SUPER competitive and they might actually try to solicit an angry response through taunting or insults after beating you.  Just humor them, you know?

Yeah, like hell I am going to play a doormat and humor anyone. Trash talk and PvP go hand in hand. Laugh them off and ignore them. After all, who says they will beat you? I trust you know how to play and can at least try to defend yourself? Besides I doubt anyone truly competitive will go after an easy prey.

Edited by Kat

Posted

Besides I doubt anyone truly competitive will go after an easy prey.

Look at how many paid league pros will go to bronze and make vids of them completely destroying other players just for luls

Posted

Look at how many paid league pros will go to bronze and make vids of them completely destroying other players just for luls

And "paid league pros" would play a b2p MMO why exactly?

Posted

And "paid league pros" would play a b2p MMO why exactly?

if even paid league pros do it, what makes you think someone else won't?

Posted

if even paid league pros do it, what makes you think someone else won't?

Because sociopaths are in minority and if you ignore them they go seek attention somewhere else. By "competitive" I was referring to "people" not easily ignored trash.

Posted

lmao, they do realize that it's a korean game and koreans are playing it right?

It doesn't matter if they are pros, korean gamers use enhancement.

macroed combos on every button...

IMG_3773.jpg

Posted

you have nothing to loose if you ever get pked.  no exp loss either

the pker however has a bit more to loose .   

so if you ever get attacked by a random , just stand still and let them kill you.    then call your friends right away and be ready for open hunting season.    and go farm yourself some nice and easy crystals .

Posted

I got this HERE

Q: At what level can I start to PvP?

A: You can flag for PvP or be PK’d when you are level 50 or higher. To flag up press (ALT) + (C) or click on the sword and shield icon. You may need to unhide the icon in your UI settings.

Posted

you have nothing to loose if you ever get pked.  no exp loss either

the pker however has a bit more to loose .   

so if you ever get attacked by a random , just stand still and let them kill you.    then call your friends right away and be ready for open hunting season.    and go farm yourself some nice and easy crystals .

As far as i know, even if you're white, getting PKed will still result in a 1% EXP loss.

Posted (edited)

As far as i know, even if you're white, getting PKed will still result in a 1% EXP loss.

Yep, that was my understanding.  There is no benefit to the PK-er at all, but there is still a penalty to the victim which I guess is to encourage you to fight back. (and If I understand it correctly, if you fight back and win, you lose nothing?)

Edited by Rhiow
spelling

Posted

What level do I need to keep my toons at to never PvP?  Can i make a toon, get to level 44, delete her for an alt and keep crafting, gathering, cooking etc til I'm sick of the game?

I won't play this game if griefing becomes a thing.

Grieving is not a thing from what I understand. The penalties for attack player on a regular basis is pretty severe and if you die theres not much penalty to you either ( of you get good karma). so grievers will only hurt themselves. 

Posted

Grieving is not a thing from what I understand. The penalties for attack player on a regular basis is pretty severe and if you die theres not much penalty to you either ( of you get good karma). so grievers will only hurt themselves. 

The karma system is completely worthless. Thousands of players will completely ignore it. Why? Because they can.

Posted

The karma system is completely worthless. Thousands of players will completely ignore it. Why? Because they can.

I see..... oh well ill have to learn from the dark souls community and "get good'' again lol should be fun!!! 

Posted (edited)

I see..... oh well ill have to learn from the dark souls community and "get good'' again lol should be fun!!! 

You never know what the future holds in store for BDO. I would recommend you still give it a try.

Edited by Stabby

Posted

You never know what the future holds in store for BDO. I would recommend you still give it a try.

Oh I'm too hooked not to lol I like pvp with my pve, dark souls and bloodborne taught me better lol.

4c8a061d32046e665b28f3c70dbe956d16024f3866060923d7ab6f933d9c5b71_1[1].jpg

1 person likes this