• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Custom chat emotes

47 posts in this topic

Posted

I am in full support of this. Custom emotes are essential to Roleplay in MMOs, simply because they make it so much easier to distinguish between conversation and action, with the players not having to sieve through the chat spam at populated areas in order to try and identify whether they are required to respond or react. Roleplay becomes tiresome very quickly if everything is in /say. Not to mention different conventions for describing actions (round brackets, square brackets, asterisks). 

So any change to help facilitate custom emotes e.g. /me.... or /e... would be most welcome and most certainly appreciated.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree with this idea :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to see this.

1 person likes this

Posted

Having played in the beta now, I'm all the more eager to see this implemented and would also like to reiterate what others have been saying time and again: the chat box really needs to be bigger. The text limit at the moment is much too short.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's necessary :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Options are always a fantastic thing to have.  So hopefully they'll be able to add in a /emote system before the game goes live or soon after.

1 person likes this

Posted

agreed!!  ths is a good feature

Posted

+1 ! Definitely would love to see it!

Posted

Giving this a little bump.

Posted

This would be a very welcome addition indeed :)

Posted (edited)

um...

Edited by userOnline

Posted

Absolutely required.

Posted

Definitely need 'em!

Posted (edited)

@CM_Tytyes Thank-you for replying about the chat limit size and saying that you'll offer it as a suggestion to the team. In addition to that, every roleplayer in the community absolutely dreams that this custom emote feature will be added to the chat as well, so it would be amazing if this was implemented into the chat.

Edited by Kazy
2 people like this

Posted

While the char limite/siwe was about the chat system itself, this one is more about the command itself, than it's direct use in a conversation. Nevertheless, I've passed it along. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree we need a /me command, it's a staple in almost every single MMORPG and I was surprised to see it not included in BDO. it's not a feature I make use of, but it's still strange to not have it

Posted

Custom Emutes would be pointless... now that I've disrupted the echo chamber, let me explain why.

With Custom emutes, you are just typing out the emote and it's basically different colored text. If you we're true RPer's you would beable to verbally communicate you're feelings and emutions. 

Aside from that, the only viable option would be spending hours with the "edit pose" feature in character create and wanting to kill you're self after spending 32 hours animating you're self bowing

Posted

+1, as an RPer I would love this! 

Posted

I am pretty sure that not only RPers would appreciate this, so I am all in support of this. :)

Posted

It would be nice to see an /emote and/or /me command (having both work would be lovely for those used to MMOs and those used to things like Skype/messengers); while it's essential for RPers, sometimes even non-RPers like to use it from time to time. It should have it's own channel, so that those who don't want to deal with it or would like it on it's own window can turn it off or move it around. Please add this feature.

Posted

+1 on this! :)

Posted

Adding another +1 to this