• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Revert experience to Korean levels.

140 posts in this topic

Posted

You are going to drive off so many players with slow leveling.

I've covered this enough times so that should suffice...

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Slow leveling ? 

I found the leveling way to fast on the korean client.

Even at the first closed beta day many ppl managed to get lvl 30+ and on the third closed beta day we already had alot of level 50's ... Yes im talking about the Wester CB2 ..

what are you talking about with your slow leveling... 

Edited by Raijin Lightning
3 people like this

Posted

Slow leveling ? 

I found the leveling way to fast on the korean client.

Even at the first closed beta day many ppl managed to get lvl 30+ and on the third closed beta day we already had alot of level 50's ... Yes im talking about the Wester CB2 ..

what are you talking about with your slow leveling... 

1 - 50 is  ~ 8 hours 

50 -52 is  ~ 10 hours

52 - 55 is  ~ 15 - 25 hours 

55 - 56 is  ~ 15 - 30 hours 

56 - 57 is  ~ 25 - 50 hours 

57 - 58 is  ~ 75 - 100 hours 

58 - 59 is  ~ 150 - 200 hours   

59 - 60 is  ~ 300 hours

... and that's with KR xp rates. It takes 28 - 38 hours of pure grinding for 1 - 50 on NA.  (Circe)

I've quoted that post a few times. The slow exp doesn't stop at 50. The leveling IS SLOW, it progressively gets slower. 1-50 is intended to be fast, as it is merely the tutorial.

3 people like this

Posted

its fine, only people who are worried about leveling time are fedora wearing neckbearded basement dwellers

2 people like this

Posted

its fine, only people who are worried about leveling time are fedora wearing neckbearded basement dwellers

The only people that want leveling to be slower are fedora wearing neckbearded basement dwellers, as slow exp would give them an insurmountable lead over people who actually have lives.

2 people like this

Posted

Leveling slow? Come on... at least it should take a month for the most players before we reach level 50 imo.

3 people like this

Posted

Leveling slow? Come on... at least it should take a month for the most players before we reach level 50 imo.

You must be new to BDO...

Posted

its okay, just let the salty kid have his rant then return to the basement with his mountain dew. maybe one day he will read that Black Desert in korea is failing because it Catered to Crying children

Posted

Game has no level cap, the rates should be adjusted, it should take around 10 hours to hit 50, and about  amonth to hit 60.

Posted

its okay, just let the salty kid have his rant then return to the basement with his mountain dew. maybe one day he will read that Black Desert in korea is failing because it Catered to Crying children

xD

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.thumb.png.01f4009c8

Game has no level cap, the rates should be adjusted, it should take around 10 hours to hit 50, and about  amonth to hit 60.

It pretty much is like this in Korea. And yes, it works amazingly.

Posted

I can understand what you are saying. It might be a little too low after lvl 50 indeed but we will see when the time hits us cause for now i think all is good. Just remember the days 10 years ago where you did played 1 month for 1 level =D !

Posted

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.thumb.png.01f4009c8

Posted

I don't think it was slow leveling, I really enjoyed the CBT2.

I managed to get a Tamer to Lvl 35 with some help ofcourse (another guy in a party).

I also made a Witch around 20 and a Berserker.

If the XP rates for the release are the same as the beta, I am really satisfied with the XP system.

Goodjob BDO.

2 people like this

Posted

I for one hate grinding a lot, If I'm able to reach 50 with just the quests then I'm pretty happy.

Posted

tbh after playing the closed beta i dont intend leveling fast anyway i intend to explore and play the game and really get to know the mechanics fully.SO for me leveling fast is not an issue.

2 people like this

Posted

Hell no it's still way toooooooo fast!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

You must be new to BDO...

New? I thought it was an opinion I made!

No, it should take 1 minute to reach level 50 and the around 5 minutes to reach level 200 and then maybe a half an hour to reach level 500. Then we can gank eachother! No, you should buy another game :D

Posted

never played the KR version but I found leveling to be quite fast already in cbt2. no need for a change in my opinion.

1 person likes this

Posted

In my opinion it's perfectly normal that gaining levels gets progressively slower. More levels gives you a damage / evasion buff against lower levels in PVP. It's perfectly normal that you need to put in effort to get that advantage.

If it would be made fast and easy every PVPer (including casuals) will be at the soft cap in no time. If everyone is at max level then the whole leveling past 50 becomes pretty much useless. In that case you might as well remove leveling past 50 - since there would no longer be a point - and stick to skill points only.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Personally I feel it should be an increase in rates from 30-60 (or 40-60), the first 30-40 levels are probably okay I think, the first 15 definitely are fast. But I know that it will definitely start to slow down by 35 and greatly so by 50+

Edited by Oceanos

Posted

I'm already level 20 after playing only a short time of this entire CBT... faster leveling is definitely NOT needed. Rushers will get there fast enough anyway, there's already a CBT2 guide going 1 - 50 in 15 hours.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"I've covered this enought times so that should suffice..." How many topics have you already made (just stop it already....)? Stop trying to destroy the game with bad ideas...

The leveling is fine, I reached level 30 in after 2 days, and I was chillaxin' not even going hard on the grinding, so please....

Edited by uGladBro
2 people like this

Posted

I'm already level 20 after playing only a short time of this entire CBT... faster leveling is definitely NOT needed. Rushers will get there fast enough anyway, there's already a CBT2 guide going 1 - 50 in 15 hours.

So in the statement "I've covered this enough times so that should suffice..." I was actually referring to my previous posts I made in the PvE forums. I can understand that people feel that levels one through 20 are quite fast, but you need to consider that it gets slower over time - and Daum has scaled all the experience gain from the looks of things (even past level 50). It took me and a friend 29 hours of fairly solid grinding just to reach 50 during this CBT (with a decent portion in a party of four), which would suggest that the time required merely to level from 59-60 would sit at around 900 hours of grinding (without your character dying once). 

You also must remember that getting to 50 is just a 'tutorial' of sorts, one designed to get you the feel of the class. Getting to level 50 is NOT the end-game, it is merely the entry-point into all of the content. So when you are sitting there - grinding for days just to reach the entry-point, one can easily see how the game would lose a vast amount of its playerbase.

Also important to remember - you usually run about 5-7 characters in BDO. So having a slow 1-50 for all of them is going to make the game unbearable.

Korea had a great game and it bloody worked. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Posted

It's way to easy and fast atm.

2 people like this

Posted

You are going to drive off so 多い players with slow leveling.

I'm completely opposed to this. I want to experience the game and the environment it created, and see other players in the world. If you want to smash to end game and gear up, most other MMORGP's will be happy to oblige you.

When everyone is at endgame, there is very little reason to move out from a few set locations.  Look at warcraft now, everyone is at max level doing dailies - using about 5% of the world thats available to them. It's essentially single player if your not at max level.

This game reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, Zelda Ocarina of Time and The Burning Crusade time in Warcraft.  It takes time, and is better for it.

4 people like this