• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Campfires

Campfires!    76 votes

1. 1. Do you think we should have campfires?

• No
    • Yes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think we should be able to have campfires. In a lot of mmos I've played we've had campfires for the guilds or ourselves to sit around and enjoy people's company.

Kinda system where you get logs and make fires, and they disappear after 10- 15 mins. Then you have to re gather the supplies.

Not only helps the gathering life skill, but helps roleplayers enjoy some interesting rp's, or peoples company at night without using a lantern! 

If we just want to sit around and talk with our guildies or our friends it would be nice and enjoyable!

Edited by Lammas
10 people like this

Posted

I +1000000000000000 this

Posted

+1, I'd like to be able to sit around near the fire and restore my humanity every once in a while

1 person likes this

Posted

Such a small thing and idea, yet would change so much in the game for players. It's a good idea, too. You have my +1, as a roleplayer and just a normal MMO player, I see the benefit for both communities.

Posted

And if you're not in a relatively civilized area it lures in a pack of monster npc's. Could also ruin nightvision for those leaving the circle of light giving a debuff.

Posted

I endorse this idea.

Posted

1+

Campfire song ^^

Posted

+1

e6bfc8f5ede5d8bd5316dc5fc7d7c021b8dbb641

3 people like this

Posted

+1

e6bfc8f5ede5d8bd5316dc5fc7d7c021b8dbb641

I am stealing this picture. also I +Googlplex this idea!

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted

This would be awesome!  :)

Posted

+1, I'd like to be able to sit around near the fire and restore my humanity every once in a while

+1 for the reference.

Another +1 for the idea. I heard some where (twitch) that there was a tent and campfire feature in the game already (maybe in KR?). I don't imagine it would be hard for them to throw the switch on for that over here as well. [NA/EU]. Posting to show my support for this idea.

Posted

I'd even go further as TERA's campfires, where you can toss charms (essentially spices and such) into the fire to buff everyone near the fire for 15mins, timer starting with first combat.

Posted

I Like this idea

Posted

That can be easily solved.
1. Choose random person.
2. Put him/her in the middle.
3. Set them on fire.
4. Sit around him/her and enjoy each others company.

:D

Posted

I'd love it if a campfire could be combined with some musical instrument playing and those who play/dance receive an extra bit of energy regeneration.

Posted

This would be amazing, we could cook things over the fire to get a quick meal for a buff if your journeying and to far away from home. On the plus side it could be a extra use for wood, i can imagine fires being made from some logs and coal.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if camp fires were also mob magnets, sure you could get buffs but you'd still have to fend for yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 to this.

Also, whoever suggested having campfire buffs, that would be pretty awesome. Or make it so that if you use food by a campfire, it turns into a 'feast' and applies to all party members.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

FYI, apparently Valencia has campfires (to stay warm at night) - from what I've read re: the KR client. I don't know if they give buffs or let you cook over them.. and I don't know if we'll get them in our version of Valencia, but there's hope :)

Dug up a post from CBT1 in 2013. In that version, players needed flint to create a fire in order to process materials via heating. The fire could also be used solely for visual effect. Not sure how it changed from CBT1 to present day, but it seems likely we'll see it with Valencia.

"It’s possible to process items anywhere as the ‘tool’ will magically show up, except for heating which requires you to buy a flint to create a fire camp first (said fire camp can be created anywhere for decoration if you wish)."

Edited by Islarose

Posted

+1 i like this idea for RP

Posted

We should definitely rebirth the upgrading to how it was back then.