• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Colorblind options for mobs and minimap

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, all I need to ask is that a colorblind mode can be put in for the mobs and the minimap, specifically the mobs.

I played in CBT2 and I found I had a huge problem telling how difficult the mobs would be because there were no levels next to their name, my friend told me instead they had colored nameplates. This is a big pain for me because I have Deuteranopia and it makes it hard for me to tell certain shades of color apart. the only time I saw a difference was between the gray and the purple. It makes it hard for me to tell if I can take it on in groups or if I have to single it out first. This only really affected me when picking mobs to fight and only a little bit with the minimap. All I ask is that you add something to help those like me tell the difference in the strength of mobs, something as simple as an arrow up or down. Something like an ( ^ ) to say a creature is only a few levels higher than you, ( ^^ ) to tell the mobs is much higher than you, and ( ^^^ ) to tell that a creatures significantly higher than you. Using down arrows in the same manner for creatures lower than you. Something as simple as this would be a great deal of help to me.

Thank you so much for making an epic game and allowing me to play it. Good luck and thanks for your consideration.

7 people like this

Posted

+1 for this!

I also had huge problem on finding members of my party on the map :S 

they should make it stand out more imo O.o 

4 people like this

Posted

+1

I'm also color blind and find it very difficult to distinguish colors for the minimap, mob conning, item quality, etc.  Color blind modes would be very much appreciated as we really are handicapped in this game.  Even red names for rogue PKers is something we cannot see.

2 people like this

Posted

+1 I'm not color blind, but I do play with people who are. 

2 people like this

Posted

+1
Not colorblind either but I think it would help a lot of people if there was something like OP described in game

1 person likes this

Posted

+1
Even tho i'm not CB this should be a high priority.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am colorblind, and have difficulty telling mob levels.  Please put a number option in mob names, we can turn in on ourselves in the settings menu.

Posted

+1, understandable and pretty much required for a game as different combat-wise as BDO.

Posted

Show the mobs level and if they are aggressive or passive or social etc

Posted

Not colorblind but +1

It's bad enough trying to do the fsking captcha for fishing with dyslexia can't imagine colorblind issues.

Posted (edited)

Definitely +1 on the color blind issues. The game is currently terrible for those with colorblindness. From the horrible captcha on the marketplace, the colors on the fishing minigame to the very subtle differences between the red and orange dots on the minimap and the red mob names, it's just bad. Please add the ability to customize the colors used in the interface.

Edited by Cristiano

Posted

This is a great idea and I support this. :)

Posted

+1 For this as well.  Red/Green Colorblindness affects a very significant percentage of males with European heritage.  In other words, a large fraction of the player base for the EU/NA servers.  The red is very hard to see in many cases and a colorblind option would be a very welcome addition.

Posted

+1

Also having issues seeing the status bars.

Posted

+1

We cant see the diference betwen allies and enemys.

Posted

I assume you guys already tried messing with the photofilter in the setting?, that one was supposed to help colorblinds DAUM said in a Q&Am no idea if it really does as I am not colorblind, and if it don't then yeah something definitely need to be done about it

I also had huge problem on finding members of my party on the map :S 

That is not a problem for colorblind ppl only, almost impossible even with normal colorvision that is just retarded choice of icon/color

Posted

Colorblind modes these days can be implemented with simple 3D LUTs, or even just a simple matrix transform of the final output color, so there's no reason not to include colorblind modeS. That's right, multiple modes! Because there's lots of different types of colorblindness!

Posted

+1

I am also colorblind and wew its tough to tell mob levels, who is friend and foe in red battlefield, and where my party is on the map

Posted

This thread ! I had to write a mini guide for my colorblind friend cuz he had a hard time telling the horse apart. I to give him tricks to tell them Apart