• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Account-wide costumes in Buy to Play game

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Cicida
6 people like this

Posted

I agree.

They should remove the "Character bound" and merge costume available to all classes.

Per example:

- It's ok if a sorceress costume require the character to be a sorceress. But if you have two sorceress, you may want to switch the costume between them.

- For the "Grass costume that hide your name", it's available to purchase on every class. With this one, you should be able to trade it and equip it between all your characters.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is going on the assumption that DAUM values their customer's money...Something must be done. I have been rather thrifty on how much I spend in this game because I have ZERO trust in DAUM changing their ways. I have zero trust in DAUM.

Posted

Account-wide costumes *Support* 

1 person likes this

Posted

2 200 pearls for something you can only use on one character is way too expensive, since we can get a set of furniture (9 pieces) for 2 500 pearls, which gives different buffs and can be used on all characters on that server.

I would buy costumes/outfits for 2 200 pearls if it was at least server wide, but I won't buy any as it is now. And what's the deal on excluding witch when it comes to new costumes? That's 2 costumes for a class that has the ugliest outfits in the game, Not that smart Daum, not smart at all.

Posted

Everyone obviously support this.

Who wants to pay more for the same shit? xD

Posted

Obviously this means less purchases will be made, but the people who WON'T buy cosmetics are the ones who have multiple characters, who don't  want to spend $150 to get a costume for all their characters would buy costumes they would otherwise not buy.

I can only relate for myself but I was thinking about getting 2 Yukata for my 2 farmer alts, then remembered they were replaceable. Bought nothing.

So in my case, the character bound to increase sales doesn't work as intended.

Posted

This has my support

Posted

TO DAUM,

THESE COSTUMES ARE THE SAME. THE ONLY THING YOU CHANGED IS THE TITLE ([SORCERESS], [WARRIOR], ETC.) 

These costumes need to be gender locked like how the classes are gender locked.

Posted (edited)

TO DAUM,

THESE COSTUMES ARE THE SAME. THE ONLY THING YOU CHANGED IS THE TITLE ([SORCERESS], [WARRIOR], ETC.) 

These costumes need to be gender locked like how the classes are gender locked.

No ty.  They need to be account wide usable on all chars. Way too expensive to even be locked to genders.  The camo skin and fishing etc needs to be account wide usable on all chars.    

Same with inventory space.  This game is so totally not friendly to people who wants to play alts and be comfortable on those as well as their main char.

Like me for instance, im 55 with my wiz, getting real bored so i started a maehwa, having a lot of fun on it but i still havent bought a single thing for it, no inv space or anything, which makes grinding 50-55 real pain in the ass due to lack of inventory space, i need to run to town 24/7, im not up for it. 

There's all these little things that's making me drift away from this game, i really didn't think daum would be this greedy when they announced the B2P model, but this character bound stuff is just lame and sorry but i might not continue playing this game, i simply dont feel like paying more than i already did on my main.   There's just way too much stuff like slow release of ninja,  slow release of node wars, valencia etc that's adding up to a mess im getting tired of.  

You are loosing players daum, its very noticable on my server, especially the fact that most people playing isnt even playing actively but they are afking fishing 24/7 now instead of actually playing the game.

Edited by Obbe

Posted

i support his

Posted

No ty.  They need to be account wide usable on all chars. Way too expensive to even be locked to genders.  The camo skin and fishing etc needs to be account wide usable on all chars.    
Same with inventory space.  This game is so totally not friendly to people who wants to play alts and be comfortable on those as well as their main char.

Like me for instance, im 55 with my wiz, getting real bored so i started a maehwa, having a lot of fun on it but i still havent bought a single thing for it, no inv space or anything, which makes grinding 50-55 real pain in the ass due to lack of inventory space, i need to run to town 24/7, im not up for it. 

There's all these little things that's making me drift away from this game, i really didn't think daum would be this greedy when they announced the B2P model, but this character bound stuff is just lame and sorry but i might not continue playing this game, i simply dont feel like paying more than i already did on my main.   There's just way too much stuff like slow release of ninja,  slow release of node wars, valencia etc that's adding up to a mess im getting tired of.  

You are loosing players daum, its very noticable on my server, especially the fact that most people playing isnt even playing actively but they are afking fishing 24/7 now instead of actually playing the game.

Well if you think about it really, for it to be account wide, they need to be gender locked instead of being class exclusive.  It would make no sense if they're just going to make the costumes gender locked but not bound to family.

Posted

This is going on the assumption that DAUM values their customer's money...Something must be done. I have been rather thrifty on how much I spend in this game because I have ZERO trust in DAUM changing their ways. I have zero trust in DAUM.

I have not spent nearly as much as i would, due to some wariness as well. They earned a lot of trust with the conqueror horse fix, but there is still a lot to be earned. I am taking my time in the game, unlike many that fly throught, grinding to level 55+ and have 50/50 energy/cp, so, i think i am seeing more of the issues, but also more of the fixes. I also see several ways that we are being ignored, and i am assuming it is hopes that we will let the subject die. Even the q&a seemed to avoid these hot topics, which made me wonder how open it was. I am also getting tired of reddit being their official forum. It is very disrespectful to their customers.

3 people like this

Posted

I'd like to bring this topic back into attention

Posted

I agree that costumes should be account wide, I would purchase more of that were the case. I have only purchased for one character and it makes me not want to play alt character which is quite disappointing. They should encourage the use of alts as it allows for more gameplay and likely more money in return for said gameplay. There are definitely some people who would purchase outfits for multiple characters but that wouldn't make up for the people who won't buy a single costume due to them being character bound.

Posted

So It's definitely been said before.
I actually don't mind so much if a costume will be for 1 character, but if you can send it to your other characters in the family then that would at least make it so that if you make a decision and you end up disliking it then you aren't "stuck" with your choice and have bled $32 for something you won't use.
I my self plan on playing 4 classes. One of them purely for 1v1 activity. I sure don't see a good reason to buy a costume AT ALL right now.

In a buy to play game, I'll name an example of guild wars 2. I didn't play that game for long but as I recall, if you earned(or bought - I believe there were only a couple store-exclusive costumes) a costume on one character, you could transfer it to your other characters through the in game mail system. A similar system in WoW with Heirloom items which gave EXP boosts but were bound to your account.

So the problem in all of this business where the costume is 1 per character per purchase really lies in one particular spot. The number that gets thrown around is $32 for a costume, I'll assume that includes the weapons though, so it's more like $25 or something? Not sure.
Anyway, You spend $32 on a costume. Nice, fun, you like the look, you got the set bonus, woohoo. But then say the character gets changed, nerfed, other classes get buffs, other classes get released that you were waiting for. That costume is really just wasted.

I'd suggest a wardrobe system where you can buy a costume like the Karlstein set for Wizard, and if you put it in the wardrobe (unequip from your Wizard) then you can use it on your Witch, Warrior, Berserker etc.
Obviously this means less purchases will be made, but the people who WON'T buy cosmetics are the ones who have multiple characters, who don't  want to spend $150 to get a costume for all their characters would buy costumes they would otherwise not buy.
It puts the value of the costume higher to the player. It just means less profit in the pearl shop. Which, since it's now a Buy to Play game, and from polls I've seen, quite a lot of folks are buying the $100 package, having account wide costumes wouldn't be a very big hit. Average person would probably only buy ONE costume for their favourite character, but if they were account wide, I can guarantee more people would buy the costume.

I'm not exactly a business or economics professor but the way I see it, in a buy to play game, you need to give a reason for players to spend *more* money on the game that doesn't leave them making a commitment that can leave them unsure later. If the pets were character-bound and not family-bound, do you think many people would buy them?

Anyway, I'm sure the point has been made before, I just thought i'd give my reasoning for an alternative to the current system.

I am totally on pair with that. Since the cost for a suite is quite high, it should be at least server wide usable.

Dear devs, you should learn from SWTORs ingame shop how to make money of contend of any kind. In there he majority of people are quite happy with the outcome of their investment. Here the IG shop items are only pain. To few improvements for far to high prices. Especially for costumes. You want for us players to pay money for the game, give us a fair deal and the most of us would be glad to buy. (Just a side note, I would be happy to play under a subscription, not having to endure bull like using my precious energy points to chat, or stuf like that.)

I for one am done with buyig stuff from the Pearl shop after realising I've spent in my first week over 100€ and gained extremly little for it. The game, a big inventory enlagement and 2 costumes all for only my main toon. Heck, feels similar to EVE Online. :( It totally wasn't worth the money at all. So most likely I'm not going to use the pearl shop for a looooooong time, simply because the prices shocked me.