• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Treant Camouflage Costume in PVP

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Please remove the effect of hidding the charcter name or just change it to something else, because this is plain stupid.

You cant tell me you really think hiding character names durring PVP is a good idea.

I wanna know who im fighting, AND i wanna see where they are. Player names and HP bar is pretty much the only indication where my target is. The red character outlining is useless, especially at night.

This completely kills immersion as im forced to watch my radar 90% of the time, instead of my screen, in order to find targets. Whats even worse, i cant focus on what i want because i cant distinguish who is who.

10 people like this

Posted

cry me a river.

5 people like this

Posted

For Me that feature is awsome and I dont want to change it.

4 people like this

Posted

I don't think they should remove the hiding of the name. I would rather like them to make it so you're able to you see the name of the player when you actually got your mouse cursor aimed at the actual player (As you do now with monsters). 

6 people like this

Posted

It is perfect as it is at the moment. Don't change this.

2 people like this

Posted

"This completely kills immersion" tbh its immersive af. I don't see any way it wouldn't be immersive

5 people like this

Posted

I don't think they should remove the hiding of the name. I would rather like them to make it so you're able to you see the name of the player when you actually got your mouse cursor aimed at the actual player (As you do now with monsters). 

I want this.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's definitely more immersive than someone vanishing in a puff of smoke and move around unseen with impunity, certainly a keeper ^^

Posted

i love the feature as long as it is usable for everybody without paying real money. Ambushes on traders would be very interesting.

Posted

HP bar isn't removed for others when you wear the ghillie suit. Also there is a killfeed for deaths and kills, you can figure out which player attacked you.

Posted (edited)

I agree with outofourlives and those who think otherwise either already have it and exploit it or didn't see it on mass pvp. Ok and before you start flaming hear me out.
- First, immersion. For me a guy in a suit of leaves that is hitting me in close combat and I still don't see that he is the enemy is not immersion... and by this logic his allies should also have problems to tell if the camouflage guy is on their side.
- Second, this makes it a must have in mass pvp, so in the future we will have clone wars.
I personally think it's a good idea but they should change the mechanic or remove it ( because you do have crawl mechanic in this game... ), for example: 
If you wear it, you will take 10% more damage or minus to Accuracy ( you are covered in leaves ffs... )

Edited by Machariel
1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with outofourlives and those who think otherwise either already have it and exploit it or didn't see it on mass pvp. Ok and before you start flaming hear me out.
- First, immersion. For me a guy in a suit of leaves that is hitting me in close combat and I still don't see that he is the enemy is not immersion... and by this logic his allies should also have problems to tell if the camouflage guy is on their side.
- Second, this makes it a must have in mass pvp, so in the future we will have clone wars.
I personally think it's a good idea but they should change the mechanic or remove it ( because you do have crawl mechanic in this game... ), for example: 
If you wear it, you will take 10% more damage or minus to Accuracy ( you are covered in leaves ffs... )

Indeed. While I can see it's use, there should be some sort of penalty for wearing it. This is causing the suit to be pretty much mandatory as it stands and in the process destroying costumization.

1 person likes this

Posted

That costume should be removed or changed...

Posted

I've been checking the forum and reddit for discussions about this costume and the lack of those made me nervous and started me thinking I don't have all the facts about it.

At first I thought that costume design was absolutely brilliant. The camouflage design is simply amazing. Of course that camouflage would mean nothing if there was a name on top of your character that says "OVER HERE".
This costume gives such a massive ganking potential and overall advantage that it is a must have for anyone who wants to enjoy PVP.

What is absolutely baffling to me is the fact that this costume is only available through the cash shop for 30$. 
Normally in other games stuff like that in cash shop wouldn't be a big deal because the players who work a lot can buy it off the cash shop and sell it in game to the players who play a lot. But from what I understand they are bound to the character that buys it in BDO.

I don't want to use that awful term in here but the way I see it something that has this big of an impact on the game should either be available to everybody in game or to nobody.

Please correct me if there is something I am missing, because I really want to know why nobody is making a deal out of this.
The only explanation I can give myself for now is that the majority of players haven't reached the PVP part of the game to witness how game changing this costume is.

2 people like this

Posted

Nothing wrong with it. It's fun.

Posted

Learn to play and learn to track I have no trouble keeping my targets under lock and key.

Posted

I think the solution is to add similar functionality to some non item shop item or costume.

Posted

I feel that the only people arguing in favor of this suit are those who bought it.  In open world pvp and gvg I cannot tell if the target is some random player or an enemy.  Because of this, they get the first attack which is pretty much all pvp in this game is.  This suit is single handedly the worst aspect of pvp in this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you can't tell who is who in a gvg or open world pvp then you need to simply get better at this game.

I know Daum would have to refund every ghillie suit sold if they removed the stealth mechanic from it.

1 person likes this

Posted

p2w

1 person likes this

Posted

I do qualitative assessments for AAA titles as early as pre-alpha, a gameplay feature such as this is glaringly obvious for exploitation. The QA who failed to raise this issue or the producer who signed off on it should be held accountable. Daum, this gameplay feature seems to have been insufficiently tested and now in the public environment is damaging your fledgling reputation.

I would not want to be in their producers shoes right now having to weigh up the potential damage of changes to address the players concerns, with your publisher only happy to see so many people spending money on this item -an income source they would rather not lose.

Something a lot of players forget is that first and foremost the developer is accountable to their publisher, NOT the players. The dev team may wish to fix it but in the end they cannot do anything without publishers sign-off.

1 person likes this

Posted

players who already bought the skin speaking everywhere. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've been checking the forum and reddit for discussions about this costume and the lack of those made me nervous and started me thinking I don't have all the facts about it.

At first I thought that costume design was absolutely brilliant. The camouflage design is simply amazing. Of course that camouflage would mean nothing if there was a name on top of your character that says "OVER HERE".
This costume gives such a massive ganking potential and overall advantage that it is a must have for anyone who wants to enjoy PVP.

What is absolutely baffling to me is the fact that this costume is only available through the cash shop for 30$. 
Normally in other games stuff like that in cash shop wouldn't be a big deal because the players who work a lot can buy it off the cash shop and sell it in game to the players who play a lot. But from what I understand they are bound to the character that buys it in BDO.

I don't want to use that awful term in here but the way I see it something that has this big of an impact on the game should either be available to everybody in game or to nobody.

Please correct me if there is something I am missing, because I really want to know why nobody is making a deal out of this.
The only explanation I can give myself for now is that the majority of players haven't reached the PVP part of the game to witness how game changing this costume is.

Because the people that actually pvp have no problem spotting a moving bush, if its coming towards you without identifying itself more than likely its coming to kill you, defend yourself. Only real advantage it gives you is the chance of striking first if your target is unaware (most noobs, fresh level 50s, or those too used to arena type combat). It doesn't matter if you can't see their name when fighting them, they're FIGHTING you and that's all that you need to know until you've killed them or run away, and there is indeed a kill feed so you can tell who killed you or who you killed. 

I feel that the only people arguing in favor of this suit are those who bought it.  In open world pvp and gvg I cannot tell if the target is some random player or an enemy.  Because of this, they get the first attack which is pretty much all pvp in this game is.  This suit is single handedly the worst aspect of pvp in this game.

I don't own one, but I enjoy the mechanic it brings to the table forcing people to keep situational awareness high, also it doesn't matter if its some random player or enemy, if they approach you aggressively, they're an enemy.

Edited by Alleyne
I do not own a ghillie suit btw

Posted

Ignorance is a bliss.

Posted

Simple answer is remove the ability to use this gathering outfit in pvp at all(also wearing it would render you unable to be ganked since we know some folks would inevitably start hunting folks wearing the suit if they were unable to fight back), problem solved and the outfit goes back to its original purpose that it was added to the game to be used for before some players decided it would add an advantage to their ganking potential.

2 people like this