• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Treant Camouflage Costume in PVP

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Add this ability to some craftable or with ingame resources purchasable piece of equipment, please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Been fighting people with Geen/black Guillies for a while now while farming for my witches earring....I honestly dont see an issue...Do you guys like need glasses?

people are not that hard to track if you are even semi used to mmos or FPS games....SMH

and no, i dont use mine...I have one...But its bright -----ing pink..

Posted

bump, remove that shit from the game already

i dont really care how its obtained, from the cash shop or from an ingame NPC with silver. hiding player names in an MMO is plain stupid. whoever came up with that idea should be fired.

and dont tell me there are flares, if it takes you 2 sec to launch a flare, it puts you on an even bigger disadvantage

also, there are people running with red dyed trent sets and look exactly like war tags

tell me this isnt bs.

Posted (edited)

This legit needs to be removed. You are introducing costumes like this in a '''PvP focused game''? It's silly. It gives a slight edge for the players with that costume as visibility is an important thing, especially when you deal with mobile classes in a forest environment.

There's multiple reasons this should be removed, but the most important has to be one that hits Daum too, indirectly. PvP video's are just not as entertaining to make OR watch as you can not see who or what you're fighting. You will see particle effects and maybe a shade of the player you are fighting, but for outsiders who may not have as much knowledge about the game, it's not really a warming welcome for players who favour PvP and are looking into BDO. It's unattractive for your video, it keeps new players from coming in too, it gives advantages in PvP while it's a PvP focused game and there's many more reasons why this effect has to be altered or the costume has to be removed altogether.

@cm_jouska
@CM_Tytyes

P.S: No it's not HARD to track players with the suit, it's just very unattractive for PvP video's, it DOES give a slight advantage no matter how good you claim to be and many more issues tie into all of this. The only players who favour this costume are the ones who like this edge and I don't think any competetive player likes to have an edge over someone else with an item you buy in the cash shop. If you do, you might as well look into more P2W games.

Edited by Tyldor

Posted

U can see if they are red or pvp flagged when they put it on?

If not.

Change it to when u move ur cursor over them u can see if they are red or pvp flagged like when u tag monsters.

Problem solved for me.

Posted

I like the idea of an anonymity system existing in game but I think it should be involved than just a $30 fee to have unlimited anonymity (with the minor side effect of all bandits looking identical).

Personally what I'd like to see is the ability for ALL player to flag the visibility of their names but perhaps adding a bit more to it.  Based on a notoriety system make it more or less diffiicult to maintain that anonymity.  A player renown for ninja ganking others should eventually become recognizable and unable to hide his identity as he'd have a pretty big reputation going by that point.  Conversely players with less notoriety would have an easier time being anonymous.  You would want to flag it off and on as some people might want to flag it on when they're waiting for friends at a bar for instance.  Also a system to enable visibility either for specific users (friends) or guildmates for easier identification.

Daum tries to involve many systems to try to move away from traditional mmo tropes and bring back a bit more realistic connections.  While someone earlier stated that hiding names in an MMO was stupid I disagree and think that its quite the opposite, its rather brilliant but when done in such a simplistic way where its just a straight up $30 to join the anonymous gankers club and you all have to wear the same outfit, thats kinda sad.  Enable anonymity for everyone and expand the systems a bit to include a notoriety system that diminishes your ability to maintain your anonymity.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lol the few pkers who bought the suit to profit of this advantage quickly jumped on the post first.

Honestly, if the game don't want to be assimilated to a P2W, they must do something about this. Refound the players or change the suit but do something.

Everyone who are not bad faith can easily recognize that it gives advantage in pvp = P2W.

Edited by Delweyn

Posted

everyone hates it and believe it shouldnt hide name, even people using it generally find it stupid -.-

but yet daum doesnt do what everyone think should be done. remove the hidden name bonus.. could even give it an extra +1=+2 to gathering to make people happy (it is a gathering set so stfu if you bought it for pvp; and yes i did that as well because its ridiculessly good for that; rarely use it though because of how lame it is)

Posted

I like the idea of an anonymity system existing in game but I think it should be involved than just a $30 fee to have unlimited anonymity (with the minor side effect of all bandits looking identical).

Personally what I'd like to see is the ability for ALL player to flag the visibility of their names but perhaps adding a bit more to it.  Based on a notoriety system make it more or less diffiicult to maintain that anonymity.  A player renown for ninja ganking others should eventually become recognizable and unable to hide his identity as he'd have a pretty big reputation going by that point.  Conversely players with less notoriety would have an easier time being anonymous.  You would want to flag it off and on as some people might want to flag it on when they're waiting for friends at a bar for instance.  Also a system to enable visibility either for specific users (friends) or guildmates for easier identification.

Daum tries to involve many systems to try to move away from traditional mmo tropes and bring back a bit more realistic connections.  While someone earlier stated that hiding names in an MMO was stupid I disagree and think that its quite the opposite, its rather brilliant but when done in such a simplistic way where its just a straight up $30 to join the anonymous gankers club and you all have to wear the same outfit, thats kinda sad.  Enable anonymity for everyone and expand the systems a bit to include a notoriety system that diminishes your ability to maintain your anonymity.

Anonymity is fine, replace their names with "Unknown Player" (in red letters if its an enemy) and this costume will be perfectly fine

Posted

I agree with outofourlives and those who think otherwise either already have it and exploit it or didn't see it on mass pvp. Ok and before you start flaming hear me out.
- First, immersion. For me a guy in a suit of leaves that is hitting me in close combat and I still don't see that he is the enemy is not immersion... and by this logic his allies should also have problems to tell if the camouflage guy is on their side.
- Second, this makes it a must have in mass pvp, so in the future we will have clone wars.
I personally think it's a good idea but they should change the mechanic or remove it ( because you do have crawl mechanic in this game... ), for example: 
If you wear it, you will take 10% more damage or minus to Accuracy ( you are covered in leaves ffs... )

I like the you take 10% more Damage or Minus to Accuracy. Balances it out for players even if your Covered in Leaves. its prevents people from being unbeatable because they cant be found due to the outfit.

Posted (edited)

This suit was created for gathering, not for PvP.

Leave hidden name, make unable to attacked by white, green and grey mobs, leave gathering bonus and the most important - make player who wearing this suit, unable to putting out weapon (something like backpack but with possibility to ride by horse and normal runing).

this will be fair for others and this suit will be still op but impossible to use in pvp.

Edited by Juraszka
1 person likes this

Posted

Aside from in-game obtainability, it should reveal name/tag on mouse over and it should force the tag on if you or they begin combat with you or while in combat period.  Needing to hit a priority target in PVP can be difficult enough.  In a sea of bushes and already hectic particle effects, good luck keeping track of the one you really need to kill.

Force on the tag while in combat and the bad design gameplay advantage problem is resolved rather instantly without harming its potential for ganking and ambush.

Posted

I feel like if you have a problem locating a moving bush, with spells or attacks coming from it...then it's mostly you to blame. Plenty of people don't have an issue with locating the attacker...I don't have one, but in my honest opinion, it would only truly make sense if the archer or maybe the sorc had a black one, maybe the tamer as well. Anyone else and it doesn't make sense to me.

Posted

Once combat starts the name should be visible.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please remove the effect of hidding the charcter name or just change it to something else, because this is plain stupid.

You cant tell me you really think hiding character names durring PVP is a good idea.

I wanna know who im fighting, AND i wanna see where they are. Player names and HP bar is pretty much the only indication where my target is. The red character outlining is useless, especially at night.

This completely kills immersion as im forced to watch my radar 90% of the time, instead of my screen, in order to find targets. Whats even worse, i cant focus on what i want because i cant distinguish who is who.

I agree its totally anoying not being able to find my target that is totally happy to kill me in a sec :|