• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Interview with the Developers

539 posts in this topic

Posted

So many people not paying attention to the fact that these were questions for the developers, Pearl Abyss, in Korea.  NOT Daum.

Posted (edited)

Pleaaase do Dwarves first and drop the idea of adding Shai as a race. I could play as a Dwarf all day as maybe a rifleman class or maybe with a giant hammer. But Shai...? I'd never be able to take the Shai seriously.

I used the wrong quote

I would call them Satyr instead of weredeer.

Talking about other races... please bring "weredeers"  o   o

They are very cool, never found a race like this one in a game :)

vb5le2e.jpg71oKorE.jpg

Those sure would add some nice choice in character creation ^ ^

here is correct quote

Edited by playabledwarves
2 people like this

Posted

Nothing on cash shop prices makes me think there hiding stuff...MOAR STUFF! Still hype for the game and having withdrawels from beta haha, cannot wait till release.

1 person likes this

Posted

NO MORE WEEB CLASSES PLEASE

Posted (edited)

so when's this game going to be good??

when you stop asking them to make it more like wow.

be respectful not toxic it goes along way.

Edited by Hulkamaniaffxiv

Posted (edited)

Talking about other races... please bring "weredeers"  o   o

They are very cool, never found a race like this one in a game :)

vb5le2e.jpg71oKorE.jpg

That would be a cool player race to have in game, and I would probably roll one.

The downside is that most people want to play "pretty" characters, so there wouldn't be a ton of people playing that race. Given the aesthetics of the game, I am already surprised giants made the cut.

From a developers point of view, is it worthwhile to add a race that most people won't play? My bet is they will add more "pretty" races (or in the case of the Shai, creepy pedo races).

Edited by revcasy

Posted

Is anyone looking for the male version of the ranger class to be more of a hunter with a dagger/hunting knife and travels with a pack of dogs?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, I called them "weredeers" because I forgot how they were called ingame (blush).

The fact is Satyr are a very nice looking race and perhaps they could make it as a popular race. I know petite races are very popular, but a reindeer mixed with human features well, I'd play one or even two : D

If you ask me if they are a copy paste from Avatar I'd say no, fantasy is wider than Avatar. They have similarities in the face structure but the details are very different. A marine race for the Valencia content expansions would be another choice : )

I know Daum is not the content developer but hey, they can pass our suggestions to Pearl Abyss. One never knows of they will listen. If we don't try, we won't get. 

Edited by Zimnel

Posted

Well that was a lengthy read for not a lot of new information. Basically they are considering everything. Got ya.

I am interested in the fact that formations didn't work out and needs a new system. Might just have a good idea for that.

To the suggestion section I go!

Posted

Why can we not download the client?

Posted

Hang on, no male ranger? That was teased in the first flipping trailer!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Also the naval combat question was a total waste - we've known it's coming for months now - we've already seen the galleon, what we needed to know was when it would be coming?

Edit: For anyone wondering, here is the male ranger, advertised over two years ago in one of the earliest BDO trailers - https://youtu.be/SNFSw107MQs?t=3m34s

its worth noting that they stated they don't want to make carbon copies anymore (witch/wizard) and would developed counterparts more like warrior/valkyrie.  So while we won't get a male ranger it doesn't mean we won't get a male with similar ranged playstyle but different skills.

Posted

These answers are garbage. It's all 'we're thinking about it' or 'we'll see.' Give me a break.

1 person likes this

Posted

What no questions about the most common issue in the game?

It only has 7-8 multi page threads about it!

I am talking about the game forcing lower refresh rates thus capping FPS to 24/30  no matter the settings you use.

Gsync/FreeSync is broken and so is SLI/Xfire.

Posted

I agree!  I mean I'm all for new races but not this shit.  

And I thought the Tamer was bad enough...

omg yes :P I thought the same exact thing. Like dont get me wrong I understand u want business but thats just not the business i was expecting they'd go for 

Posted

Funny how some of the more popular questions ( Over price cash-shop ect) were not put in this QnA. 

Posted

They said no male ranger, they also said that you may expect a male ranger-like class in the future. 

Il be satisfy wit a male ranger type class. It will be very similar to female as the witch and Wizard are. This is good news.

Posted (edited)

Very well.

Edited by Zjinn

Posted

its worth noting that they stated they don't want to make carbon copies anymore (witch/wizard) and would developed counterparts more like warrior/valkyrie.  So while we won't get a male ranger it doesn't mean we won't get a male with similar ranged playstyle but different skills.

If that is the case then a male ranger could be more like Drizzt, i.e. dual scimitar (or some other sort of blades) wielding instead of primary weapon being a bow.

Or for that matter could be crossbow wielding instead of bow.

But I still would like a response to the cash shop before the 26th please.

Jorm

Posted

That's why PVP settings for Korean, Russian, Japanese, and North American clients are slightly different from each other. Our ultimate goal is to create the same enjoyable gaming experience for players around the world. We are, however, always considering region-specific items or systems, to cater to that region's specific taste or issues.  If players in North America or Europe want a certain system or special contents, we can definitely make it work. Send us lots of feedback of this nature, and your region might get that special feature earlier than others.

Ok here is some feedback... I would like to do ALL the PVE content without being attacked by another player.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like a PK switch, so when you turn it on you can't turn it off for like an hour or so (to prevent abuse), but it's off by default until you reach open world PvP level then it turn on automatically and then u gotta survive. 

Posted

vb5le2e.jpg

......HOW DOES HE TAKE OFF THAT HELMET?!? 

maybe they shed their antlers like deer & elk. so he takes the helmet off only during the winter?

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry but this idea I think is a bad idea in general. Frankly if the PVP becomes the focus of the game and therefore makes it impossible for non-PVP players to enjoy the game due to ganking then myself and others like me will leave and take my money somewhere else. I have no issues with people wanting to PVP with others that want to be involved in PVP. I just don't feel that PVP should be forced on those that don't care to participate.  

+1

Posted

Please don't get the game.. if you're whining already imagine when you get rekt.

Not having a male Ranger is the only thing that I'm unhappy with but I do like the game and I was in the first beta and tried out the warrior  it was ok but just

not what I like to play so when they do ad a class that's Ranger/ Archer then I will get the game

1 person likes this

Posted

I want to know when the new costumes for cash shop will be released like a specific time/ or date cause i really want the late costumes cause theres not much comming out on the cash shop atm which is disappointing..

Posted

Sick Cash Shop dodge here thanks for addressing all these answered questions with the same answer 10/10 would answer again.