• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Interview with the Developers

539 posts in this topic

Posted

It's kinda sad that the more recent developments weren't taking into the Q&A... Yes of course they weren't questions asked in the Q&A thread, so they won't be needing to answer them.. But still this was the perfect time to clear up on some of the confussion and madness going around the forums.

Also it's sad that more of the answers were vague and/or for a long time period span. So yeah..

Dissapointed.

Posted

They did exactly what I thought they would, the Cash Shop is here to stay.

most likely

You know the interview was for developers not the publishers? Developers have nothing to do with the cash shop.

3 people like this

Posted

i heard she got buffs recently in kr on one of the tamer posts.

The reports I read was that damage got buffed, but the survivability and mobility was butchered so they killed the one thing the class had going for it, making it pointless still...

Posted

developers cant decide anything about the cash shop, thats a question for the publishers

yeah, god lord they postproned this interview a few days after the beta cuz this stuff is DYNAMITE. Wait till the word of mouth reaches the rest of the cummuntiy.

Of course everybody thought they will talk about the cast shop after this announcement!

Posted (edited)

People seem to forget the Q&A was done and translated before the CBT2 even started. Any replies on the concerns people have about the cash shop or things they discovered during the beta were not going to be answered with the Q&A.

Edited by Reynard

Posted (edited)

10/10 questions and answers. I'm not seeing as much dodging in answers as some other posts are seeing here, but a brutally/beautiful honesty which is way more appreciated then what I would consider dodging questions. 

Edited by G1SH
1 person likes this

Posted

Then again it's safe to not promise anything since things can change during the development stage of future content.

Like the male ranger...where in the french toast is he? He was being worked on before and now he is chilling in some dark, dusty corner crying to himself.

Posted

They should run for president. A lot of talk but no real answers.

Posted

Why a new topic for that?

Posted

so when's this game going to be good??

Please stop posting, troll...

They said no male ranger, they also said that you may expect a male ranger-like class in the future. 

He's called Archer, and he's supposedly in the pipeline.

So cash store prizes? A costume costs more then the base game? No information?

This interview answers questions FOR the devs FROM the players. Those questions are ongoing since the CBT-2 when the cash shop discussion started, while this Q&A concluded accepting questions before that.

Posted

I am really curious about the answer to the question regarding instanced dungeons/raids:

Adventures and fierce guild wars in Black Desert are strongly established on an open-world system. Some special content might need to utilize an instance dungeon system, but we are not going to add a repetitive instanced dungeon, where the sole purpose is getting rewards.  Guild- and party-centric raids are already implemented in the game now, and we are developing more advanced kind of raid.

They're currently developing raids, but what kind I would like to know.  I don't even care if they're open world ones, but some additional PvE content at the cap would be a nice touch in my opinion. 

Posted

The reports I read was that damage got buffed, but the survivability and mobility was butchered so they killed the one thing the class had going for it, making it pointless still...

:(

Posted

WTF? all answer are... we are thinking about it or we will adjust it...

Do you know what? i think you are not able to change anything big because or you dont know how to do that, or because KR Daum doesnt allow you to do that.

BTW, nothing said about cash shop or "server/servers"?

Thanks for the interview, but all i have read here is just... smoke.

Posted

You know the interview was for developers not the publishers? Developers have nothing to do with the cash shop.

Yeah true but Daum was still addressing the community with the interview and this was the perfect chance to say "we hear you" but they chose not to.

I could be wrong but I think that was the nail in the coffin.

1 person likes this

Posted

We are striving to minimize the gap between the existing and new players in Black Desert. We believe that any player should be able to reach certain level of advancement, if they invest the time and effort. For example, life-only players (the "Herbivores") can have the same level of gear and strength as the combat-only players (the "Carnivores") do; it just takes more time.  We are fully aware that there is a balance issue between awakened and non-awakened characters, and the balance will be adjusted again after classes get the awakening feature. The future updates will not only be vertical (Higher level cap, advanced hunting ground, etc.), but also horizontal, introducing new play patterns through new features like maritime trade, maritime gathering, hunting grounds for parties or guilds, and so on.  Also, we're abstaining from introducing extra powerful weapons every single update, and we'd like to keep it that way. Players, of course, want stronger gear, but serious imbalance issues may ensue if it is not done correctly. The developers are trying to solve this problem by finding ways to make it better, instead of settling on one concrete answer.

I certainly believe that expanding on gamplay should always be horizontal as vertical changes has the side effect of invalidating content.

Posted

There is one real answer... They dont plan to make class counterparts, but they prefer focusing on new classes...

So dont say they didnt answer anything... Though they didnt say much anyway (just repeated things we knew from other sources)...

Posted

i heard she got buffs recently in kr on one of the tamer posts.

they did.... but took away the mobility. :/

Thats like you make a blind one see again but you break is legs and call it "balance"

1 person likes this

Posted

4423731e589f853ebf1eceff87af0fdb56063d2c

Will you develop systems ONLY for the NA/EU version of the game, if the NA/EU community asks for them (e.g: a better flagging system for pvp; or better AI for open world boss - such as the one used for the dragon from the desert); or will you develop only systems that please both the Korean & Western market?

Hidden Content

IN OTHER WORDS DONT EXPECT IT AND IF THEY DO IT YOU WONT NOTICE IT MUCH. And rest is "maybe at some point"

Very vague answers, like all the interviews and game will launch in a few days OK.....

This is a month old....more regurgitation for the masses?

Posted

Thanks for the Q&A, it's always nice to see how developers envision the game and its future.

Though i might add it feels like a cheap email sent with 12 questions and answers. You guys could put some more effort into advertising this kind of stuff. Like on the previous diary with more concept art and such, it makes it more enjoyable to the playerbase and adds hype to it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Holy unless answers, and they skated around all the big ones like the cash shop. 

Posted

not great, NA/EU is by far big enough to justify its own dev team, which can cater to our needs. not just the odd little tweak here and there. Also i don't like how we are B2P and we have very similar cash shop restrictions that F2P have, I want either MUCH cheaper or free dyes, they don't need to rake money in from dyes, costumes and other cosmetics that's fair enough..

Posted

Yeah true but Daum was still addressing the community with the interview and this was the perfect chance to say "we hear you" but they chose not to.

I could be wrong but I think that was the nail in the coffin.

Don't spin every shit to fit your agenda man it's really tiring and in this case totally stupid as well.

2 people like this

Posted

Very little info about the issues the players care most about. IMO, they cherry picked the questions they wanted to answer and EVEN then ducked most of the questions!

I'm hoping for an interview with the Publisher soon or maybe a new Diary.  People have real questions that deserve real answers.

What was your question which you had submitted to the Developers? What are the real questions to Developers which you think they ducked and deserved real answers, which weren't addressed in the Interview the Developers?

Posted

Ya that was almost laughable, what a joke. 

Posted

Wow.. That was disappointing :( Smoke and mirrors..

1 person likes this