• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Interview with the Developers

539 posts in this topic

Posted

You all have too high of an expectation for MMO releases. Things are never perfect, no matter how much you alpha or beta.

I don't think most of you have any idea how much work has gone into this game to get it to this point. The things that you want will be implemented eventually, much further down the line, let's get the base game released and working first please. There is currently a seemingly endless list of fixes we need to implement first.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't spin every shit to fit your agenda man it's really tiring and in this case totally stupid as well.

What agenda? I coulda sword the title of this thread was asking my opinion? Wait let me go re read it brb.

Yup he definitely asked my opinion.

Posted

Seriously? Thats it? I'm a little disappointed.

CM_Jouska answered more questions right away in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqyaRRKKk5c

No need to wait for weeks. Just ask Jouska, he knows everything.

I was surprised by this as I certainly was expecting more. Most of the answers were even vague to the point of barely answering the question at all. I was also sort of podcast or stream similar to what you posted, although obviously with more planning and a better host. It is the sort of thing that you do when trying to help push your game out.

Posted

They should run for president. A lot of talk but no real answers.

502864.PNG

Posted

My opinion is that the developers sound awesome, I like what they said and how they answered the questions.

3 people like this

Posted

That's it? There were way more questions... Poor job.

Posted

Oh look at all that butt hurt.

Posted (edited)

It was obvious that this interview will be very generalised.

Edited by Bakkat

Posted (edited)

Holy unless answers, and they skated around all the big ones like the cash shop. 

They have nothing to do with the cash shop...Bcs of people like you, who cant even look up basic stuff (difference between DAUM and PA), they got away with these questions, and could avoid the important ones (beside the gender lock)...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

Very disappointed.  It was an opportunity lost by the developers to expound their vision for the future.  Nada nothing did they say that was in anyway remotely useful or unknown.  On the eve of launch it actually detracts from what I personally think is a great long term rewarding possibility.  If I had not played it I would avoid it after reading this excuse of an interview.  I can only say that our GM's are more forthcoming I am so grateful for them.  Long may they work in their way to inform us.

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

Could you guys go answer some real questions that the community are actually worried about, cash shop wise.

Posted

It was obvious that this interview will be very generalised.

I thought so too at the start, then they said they would postpone it and expected something decent. Well i was wrong :P

Posted

Could you guys go answer some real questions that the community are actually worried about, cash shop wise.

Yes.  "We are looking into it."

Posted

4423731e589f853ebf1eceff87af0fdb56063d2c

Will you develop systems ONLY for the NA/EU version of the game, if the NA/EU community asks for them (e.g: a better flagging system for pvp; or better AI for open world boss - such as the one used for the dragon from the desert); or will you develop only systems that please both the Korean & Western market?

Hidden Content

IN OTHER WORDS DONT EXPECT IT AND IF THEY DO IT YOU WONT NOTICE IT MUCH. And rest is "maybe at some point"

Very vague answers, like all the interviews and game will launch in a few days OK.....

You can actually reply to the thread you linked it the OP, lets avoid duplicate areas of discussion.

Posted

Your serious? Important questions started since alpha arent answered 100% 

Look at the questions:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/9780-qa-with-the-developers/

And look what is answered and how.

Hi, could you be more specific (there are 23 pages on the Q&A tread, many duplicates and newbie questions,...) what was your question which you had submitted to the Developers? What are the important questions since alpha to the Developers which you think weren't addressed in this Interview?

You can actually reply to the thread you linked it the OP, lets avoid duplicate areas of discussion.

can you pls merge the topics instead of locking this thread?

Posted

Now is the time to talk about release not about "what we might do in the future".

1 person likes this

Posted

Having thought about it we will think about it further.  When our heads are hurting from thinking about it we will have a life value added holiday paid for by the cash shop.  In this way we can come back refreshed to think about it some more. 

Posted

Holy unless answers, and they skated around all the big ones like the cash shop. 

How many times are people not going to read the posts. This was questions asked to the DEVELOPER... no the publisher. Secondly, these questions where asked BEFORE the cash shop was released.

Posted

Sounds a lot more like they interviewed a politician to me then a Game developer tbh.....

Posted

There already is a theft interaction with NPCs, and we are planning to implement a similar function with wagons. Since stealing trade goods from an actual player can cause conflict, we will need to set a fine line between protecting Good players and providing fun for Evil players. If we can come up with a way to prevent abuses, and reach a compromise for Good and Evil players to be satisfied, we are positive that it can work.

So the games direction is pretty clear now. When youre so scared of conflict that you remove sandbox features then its pretty clear that we are heading towards another theme-park MMO.

The entire point of the sandbox genre is to cause conflict, for players to have an impact on the in-game experience of others. Who is the good player in that equation? The guy who just wants to PVE and doesnt even know what he plays an MMO for? The guy who could basically play a single player game instead since he hates other people having an impact on him anyway? If anything hes the bad guy for completely ruining yet another game.

Posted

Yes.  "We are looking into it."

Yeah by the time you/they look into it, the game will already be a ghost town. trust me, just bookmark this thread and come back to it in 3 months. 

The downvoting fan boys are out in full force defending all this cash shop bullshit.

I've seen this shit a dozen times before. Enjoy your ghost town in a few months.

Y'know, after reading this, something clicked and I realized how stupid a bunch of things in the cash shop are.

We're buying the game; we should have access to all the character slots.

We're buying the game, we should be able to use ingame money for inventory slots.

We're buying the game, we should be able to use ingame money for respecs.

..some other things I can't think of right now.

Now I really see why people are spamming those cash shop threads. This is pretty stupid.

12 people like this

Posted

What? Really?

I'd have liked an answer to the following questions!

1. When are the other four missing classes being introduced?

2. When are awakening weapons being introduced? (after the other classes are implemented and they're done on KR I assume, but then?)

3. Their current position on the cash shop outrage?

If it takes them multiple months to just insert the four other classes (content that is already finished on KR) then that -----in sucks.

Hope we could get some raw estimation.

Posted

@CM_Jouska Thx for no statement (not forwarded the question?) regarding how incompetive Tamer gets in late game. Not even a word that you are aware of the petscaling issue, the heavy dmg crippling from 60% KD resistance AND your awesome 4sec CC diminishing returns patch.

Not like there aren't any threads on this topics or a very concerned Tamer Community which expericend this issues from KR over JP to RU.

WHO CARES about MALE COUNTERPARTS and other trivial when the class will be pointless in 1vs1 situations and even will be having a very hard time in Group-PVP?!

A very disappointed Tamer.

Posted

What? Really?

I'd have liked an answer to the following questions!

1. When are the other four missing classes being introduced?

2. When are awakening weapons being introduced? (after the other classes are implemented and they're done on KR I assume, but then?)

3. Their current position on the cash shop outrage?

If it takes them multiple months to just insert the four other classes (content that is already finished on KR) then that -----in sucks.

Hope we could get some raw estimation.

Another stupid one...