• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Important] Current PvP CC-System !!!

283 posts in this topic

Posted

@CM_Jouska you need to address this.

Posted

So you want for people to be able to get close to you once and completely lock down your character until you're dead?
There's a reason other MMOs introduced diminishing returns on CC. 

In pvp, i can't imagine the best use of CC is on cooldown every cooldown. I know I'll be saving my control skills on my Valkyrie for critical moments, like peeling people off my party members or interrupting a combo i know is dangerous. 

Using your CC at key moments is more important than using it as soon as its off cooldown. 

14 people like this

Posted

Yep good post and you got all that right, just want to add that warrior is trash in PvP before and after that change (doesn't change much there). Also i did not know we had CC changes already implemented in CBT2 (I didn't play much), good to know. That means blader is also going to be trash.. sigh.

Posted (edited)

The reason why we got this new system in Na/Eu is because our client is a copy/mix of Kr/Ru client. In Kr they implemented the same system too (around 2-3 Months ago) because of the new Awakening Weapons. Awakening Weapons + CC-Chain skills + high DPS Output (AP over 200) = Totaly Overkill. But in our Vision we dont have Awakening Weapons/high AP (200+ like KR) so i dont understand why we got this system here. 

When we get it on Release:

Classes with high CC-Abilities will become weak in 1v1 if they dont rise up the damage of their other skills.

Warrior and Giants will be unplayable in 1v1 with same gear and Hp Potion.

PvP Playstyle of some classes will totaly change because they cant do their normal Damage/cc Rotation any more.

High Burst Damage classes will be even more op and unbalance when itis impossile to cc them and hold them on the Ground in 1v1/Group PvP

This it the important part.

Edited by Merevin
7 people like this

Posted

@Lyote I think loken meant that its fine as long as classes are balanced for that. As he said, right now some classes benefit from more CC but have nerfed dmg bc of that. That's why nerfing cc makes them unplayable.

Posted

So you want for people to be able to get close to you once and completely lock down your character until you're dead?

In pvp, i can't imagine the best use of CC is on cooldown every cooldown. I know I'll be saving my control skills on my Valkyrie for critical moments, like peeling people off my party members or interrupting a combo i know is dangerous. 

Using your CC at key moments is more important than using it as soon as its off cooldown. 

In group pvp its perfectly fine but it gimped down the 1v1s to only onesided winners.

Posted

There is also the fact that Sorcs can die really easily (without awakening weapon even more so) and they rely on CC combo in order to stay alive and deal dmg..

1 person likes this

Posted

"But In Cbt 2 we got a new PvP CC-System where when u knockdown someone in PvP he gets immunity against ALL Knockdown/Stun Effects for 3-4 Sec. So doing skilled cc-chains becomes impossibile."

Is this documented anywhere or just speculation that this is what we have?

Posted

"But In Cbt 2 we got a new PvP CC-System where when u knockdown someone in PvP he gets immunity against ALL Knockdown/Stun Effects for 3-4 Sec. So doing skilled cc-chains becomes impossibile."

It was tested by players.

Posted (edited)

yea your point defently makes sence but i want to mention here the inbalance so classes like Ranger/wizzard can oneshoot u in 1-2 Sec and other classes like Warrior and Giant cant do a Shit with this new CC-system because all their damage depens on Knockdown chains without Awakening Weapon

Edited by Loken
1 person likes this

Posted

yea your point defently makes sence but i want to mention the inbalance here that classes like Ranger/wizzard can oneshoot u in 1-2 Sec and other classes like Warrior and Giant cant do a Shit with this new CC-system because all their damage depens on Knockdown chains

Dont forget Sorcs.

Posted

yea your point defently makes sence but i want to mention here the inbalance so classes like Ranger/wizzard can oneshoot u in 1-2 Sec and other classes like Warrior and Giant cant do a Shit with this new CC-system because all their damage depens on Knockdown chains without Awakening Weapon

Just want to add that giant still has more grabs than warrior, and grabs are not affected by this. So theres that..

1 person likes this

Posted

It's fine, you want people to -----ing cc someone forever? also Warrior's aren't shit i seen plenty of duels of lvl 50 wars this beta, they're fine. infact every class is fine, all have their pro's and con's. God i hate western crybabies, no -----ing gaming community cries as much as the ones in the west.

2 people like this

Posted

The KR Client had it since 2-3 Months and when u play this game over 1 Year u will notice when u use 5 Knockdown skills in a row and your target is immun to 4 of them that they gave the same system to us.

Also we tested it and yea its 100% the same like in KR atm

Posted

inb4 90% forum threads asking for ranger nerfs

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Loken All the classes are pretty well balanced. They even get more balanced with future patches. You might be worrying too soon. 

Warriors even had their old buffs in CBT2. IDK why  you said they were garbage.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

It was tested by players.

Tested by players is not a hard fact but an observation.

Posted

That warrior GIF just looks like he threw away a perfectly good opportunity to get some Down Attacks in just to throw him a second time the moment he hit the ground. 

I know that the Giant gets a few knockdowns, but i doubt your damage is 100% tied to hitting a knocked down target.
Even on my Valkyrie, I found it more beneficial to grapple a target and get 2 - 3 down attacks in before using another control skill. 

At 3 - 4 seconds of immunity, i assume it begins at the beginning of the CC and not when they get up, Its purpose would be to makes sure you aren't permanently locked on the floor because a Giant looked at you. 
If you gain damage hitting a knocked down target, why would you immediately use a second knockdown without taking advantage of the 2~ seconds they're on the floor from the first skill?

2 people like this

Posted

It's fine, you want people to -----ing cc someone forever? also Warrior's aren't shit i seen plenty of duels of lvl 50 wars this beta, they're fine. infact every class is fine, all have their pro's and con's. God i hate western crybabies, no -----ing gaming community cries as much as the ones in the west.

100% Wizard or Ranger player.

CC someone forever takes some skill and that should be rewarding. + There are CC resistances for that reason.

Posted (edited)

Any top warrior player can tell you that warrior is the weakest class. Your best time will be spent in arena where everything is fair so you will think you're great (or maybe not if you don't know how to warrior). You will sooner or later come to the realization that every other top warrior player came to. Talk about western crybabies all you want, this is not whats happening here.. just well known fact among people who played  warrior for a good amount of time.

Edited by Sliferx
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Loken All the classes are pretty well balanced. They even get more balanced with future patches. You might be worrying too soon. 

sry but i play this game now since 12/2014 and at all this time there was no single point where ,,all classes was well balanced'' 

All Player who played activly pvp can confrim this. But this Thread is not about the inbalance between classes its about the CC-System and the inbalance in 1v1 now

Edited by Loken
1 person likes this

Posted

I think just rebalancing around the CC changes is the best decision IMO.  As cool as it was, I think the old CC system was unhealthy for the game.  I mean, I remember doing like 15-30 sec CC-chains with Plum until they died.  That is definitely not fun to play against, and is pretty boring to play as too.

Rebalancing around the new CC system so that the classes most affected aren't as OP/UP is probably the healthiest decision.

7 people like this

Posted

100% Wizard or Ranger player.

CC someone forever takes some skill and that should be rewarding. + There are CC resistances for that reason.

Im not moron, and no it's not skill spamming every cc you have keeping someone down

Any top warrior player can tell you that warrior is the weakest class. Your best time will be spent in arena where everything is fair so you will think you're great (or maybe not if you don't know how to warrior). You will sooner or later come to the realization that every other top warrior player came to. Talk about western crybabies all you want, this is not whats happening here.. just well known fact among people who played for a good amount of time.

No it's -----ing not, infact the one that won the biggest pvp tournament ever organised in korea was a War and he didn't even use awakening weapon. L2P western crybabies, you guys are a tumor to every single mmo community.

Posted

Tested by players is not a hard fact but an observation.

did they mention that they changing the wild horses you can find in cbt2? because they reduced it from t5 to t2