• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Important] Current PvP CC-System !!!

283 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

More like you are the stoner, because you obviously didn't read what I said. Otherwise you would have realise I was not disagreeing with that point at all.

wops, sorry. I read that wrong ^_^. Youre still a stoner though for double posting. 

Edited by Churche

Posted (edited)

Dead?Unplayable? I didn't realize fighting 1v1 was all this game was about.

dont understand me wrong, u are right because the key feature is GvG. But when u grind and thats later nearly all time alone because group grinding is shit after lvl 50 and when u have decent gear + u want max Money out of your spot. Than u have to play 1v1 against ppl who run into your Spot to steal it....Yea u can also call every 10min when it happens your guildmates to come and help u because your class cant do a shit in 1v1 with the 4 sec immunity but this isnt a real option in my eyes.

And thats the real disadvantage of the system.....i love GvG and Group fights but nearly 70% of the game u will not be in a Group and u have to deal with it alone.....

Edited by Loken

Posted (edited)

wops, sorry. I read that wrong ^_^. Youre still a stoner though for double posting. 

Lol, I think the forum is glitching or something, because I didn't. I see a lot of post in double too.

Edited by Theb

Posted

This is great news.  CC chains are the worst thing that this game could have.

Good news!! CC chaining is the worst thing that could happen to this game.

Test?

Test?

Posted

Test?

Test?

But cc-Chains is how the game worked for over 10 Months in KR and still in Ru/JP. They only changed it because of Awakening Weapons in Kr, so no reason to keep it for us, like we mentioned in a lot of posts before.....

Posted

That warrior GIF just looks like he threw away a perfectly good opportunity to get some Down Attacks in just to throw him a second time the moment he hit the ground. 

I know that the Giant gets a few knockdowns, but i doubt your damage is 100% tied to hitting a knocked down target.
Even on my Valkyrie, I found it more beneficial to grapple a target and get 2 - 3 down attacks in before using another control skill. 

At 3 - 4 seconds of immunity, i assume it begins at the beginning of the CC and not when they get up, Its purpose would be to makes sure you aren't permanently locked on the floor because a Giant looked at you. 
If you gain damage hitting a knocked down target, why would you immediately use a second knockdown without taking advantage of the 2~ seconds they're on the floor from the first skill?

That's Double Takedown, if you don't use it you're just missing out on extra damage you could be doing.  You have to use it back to back otherwise it won't work.  Warrior's combo is about a lot of animation cancelling to try and lock someone down as long as possible to do maximum damage while they are in a downed state.  Without the CC chaining it makes it a lot harder.

Posted (edited)

That's Double Takedown, if you don't use it you're just missing out on extra damage you could be doing.  You have to use it back to back otherwise it won't work.  Warrior's combo is about a lot of animation cancelling to try and lock someone down as long as possible to do maximum damage while they are in a downed state.  Without the CC chaining it makes it a lot harder.

withoput cc chain its nearly impossibile for a Warrior to kill something when the enemy is using Potions....

Edited by Loken
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska PLEASE address this before the 28th, this is kind of a big deal.

Posted

@CM_Jouska PLEASE address this before the 28th, this is kind of a big deal.

Noted, and looking into it.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

<3 Thanks for the attention

Edited by Dutii

Posted

Thank you!

Posted

Thanks ;)

Very interested into your Decision.

Posted

No

pls more explanation^^

Posted

There needs to be a way to reduce healing, specifically potions in pvp if you can't keep them CC'd.

Posted

All I can say is get gud.  

Posted (edited)

dont you think its cheap to keep someone down for 7-10 secs ?

Edited by Herath

Posted

In not gonna say this is good or bad either way,  but sun locking as a mechanic is supremely frustrating to see in ant pvp game. 

Posted

It got implemented into CBT2 because we were testing it. That's the reason for beta no?...

Who knows if it will be in the released game. 

Posted

"Conventionally, characters in RPGs have clearly designated roles such as tanker, healer, damage dealer, support, etc., which get to perform somewhat repetitive play cycles depending on their roles. Black Desert offers free and unrestrained action combat, based on keyboard-mouse combinations, which is rare to find in an ordinary MMORPG. It is one of our critical goals to provide a powerful action experience to all users based on this feature.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that a player cannot shift his/her stance from an unrestrained action to supportive playstyle, in a party or guild battle, such as acting as a decoy, healing and supporting other players, or assassinating enemies. Players can set their own role, depending on the situation. There will still be skills that perform healing/supporting actions, but those skills should not define and confine the character."

Warrior's aren't meant to 1 shot people within 1 knock down.  If you did or could than that's gear.  Wiz/Witch have high DPS but usually squishier than other class with the same DP.  Having a 3-4 sec invulnerable is fine by me.  That just mean you have to learn to play correctly.

2 people like this

Posted

This isn't a 1v1 game, can't a cm close this scrub topic already, 

L2p, 

Posted

This isn't a 1v1 game, can't a cm close this scrub topic already, 

L2p, 

I agree with you. Basically everyone that knows how the game works already gave their opinion on this.

We don't need more clueless people like you spreading bullshit around.

Posted

"Conventionally, characters in RPGs have clearly designated roles such as tanker, healer, damage dealer, support, etc., which get to perform somewhat repetitive play cycles depending on their roles. Black Desert offers free and unrestrained action combat, based on keyboard-mouse combinations, which is rare to find in an ordinary MMORPG. It is one of our critical goals to provide a powerful action experience to all users based on this feature.

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that a player cannot shift his/her stance from an unrestrained action to supportive playstyle, in a party or guild battle, such as acting as a decoy, healing and supporting other players, or assassinating enemies. Players can set their own role, depending on the situation. There will still be skills that perform healing/supporting actions, but those skills should not define and confine the character."

Warrior's aren't meant to 1 shot people within 1 knock down.  If you did or could than that's gear.  Wiz/Witch have high DPS but usually squishier than other class with the same DP.  Having a 3-4 sec invulnerable is fine by me.  That just mean you have to learn to play correctly.

Or, alternatively, you could understand the reason why the CCs were changed in KR. After that, you would realise that they where changed due to the awakening system, like Jouska also confirmed, and that since we don't have this system in place this "balancing" is, in fact, breaking the balance that was previously present. 

Posted

pls more explanation^^

He is playing a ranger :P 

Posted

Guys you realise that 3-4s immunity after any cc is bs and broken? Just change it to normal diminishing return, after 1st cc you take less time from the second cc and so on. After some cc chaining you take, you become immune to ccs for some time. For example WoW does good job with ccs. CC chaining is essential part of peeling and helping your teammates, this 3-4s immunity butchers any co-operative mechanics in small scale pvp.

Rework the system its broken.

Posted (edited)

That face when the CC immunity system in goddang ArcheAge is even better than the CC immunity system they have in place for BDO right now. I can understand it when it comes to awakening weapons, but there's no way in hell you can gate that patch in our launch with awakening weapons a few months down the line. There shouldn't even be investigation in this matter, just straight up revert it. It doesn't only make certain classes unplayable in a 1v1 scenario, it also takes away from the group synergy in small scale PvP. Not even to mention the large scale PvP which this game is built up on. Blowing cooldowns on a target which has immunity, but not even being able to see if they're immune to that CC in a large scale fight will chip away from your effectiveness all around. Counter argueing that with ''But there's no way in hell there's no target without CC immunity in a large scale fight'' is straight up dumb. It tells me you have no real coordinated PvP experience. There's priority targets, targets who overextended that you will jump on with your raid to grind down their numbers and so and so forth.

Please change this asap.

Edited by Tyldor