• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

To Those Insisting PvP is "Dead" With These Patch Notes

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Stop complaining, PvP is even more punishing in South Korea than NA and EU. They lose way more karma than we do. Daum did us a favor, this system is in place here so legitimate PvP can take place and not just a bunch of griefers being tools. I approve of what Daum has done when it comes to PvP, please do not change it for the small but loud group of people that insist that PvP is dead because of this patch. It's nowhere near dead for actual PvPers! 

We have castle sieges and guild wars still, and I am looking forward to those quite a bit. Also, I'm looking forward to not having to help my guildies because they are getting ganked by "douchebros" who are way higher level than them.

3 people like this

Posted

The game can't live long without a healthy inflow of new players.

To some hardcore players, the best way to establish their proud existence is to ask things to follow their thoughts. 

No new players will bother to try this game if it is ruled by the far more experienced.

Posted

Gank PVP is never a good idea imo.

Posted

To some hardcore players, the best way to establish their proud existence is to ask things to follow their thoughts. 

No new players will bother to try this game if it is ruled by the far more experienced.

ive seen that happen too

i know a game that is fairly popular that is populated by two kinds of people

the extremely rich and powerful, experienced players

and noobs

there is absolutely 0 in between for some reason and the game suffers for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let people completely loot a Caravan (i was told you can't, it's RNG if it drops some mats. never gold)

That alone adds an entirely new gameplay element to it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing that irks me is that there is a bounty system and all, to hunt those that pk and punish them.

Now, there are no incentives to pk, so it won't exist at all. At least until Valencia and the bandit town are added.

1 person likes this

Posted

No rewards for open world pvp and harsh punishment if you even try means no one will bother anyway don't worry.

in Korea pvpers log in 2 or 3 times a week for sieges and that's it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Stop complaining, PvP is even more punishing in South Korea than NA and EU. They lose way more karma than we do. Daum did us a favor, this system is in place here so legitimate PvP can take place and not just a bunch of griefers being tools. I approve of what Daum has done when it comes to PvP, please do not change it for the small but loud group of people that insist that PvP is dead because of this patch. It's nowhere near dead for actual PvPers! 

We have castle sieges and guild wars still, and I am looking forward to those quite a bit. Also, I'm looking forward to not having to help my guildies because they are getting ganked by "douchebros" who are way higher level than them.

Tbh, Tera has a pretty good OWPvP system and every single time I ganked lowbies, a few players in uber gear came after me and demolished me. People love being white knights, so ganking wouldn't happen as much as many people fear. And it's incredibly fun to both hunt gankers and be hunted.

1 person likes this

Posted

All games are always ruled by the far more experienced.

Gank PVP is never a good idea imo.

That's not what the majority of BDO pvp is though.  And paying attention to your minimap in an open world game is a must.

The thing that irks me is that there is a bounty system and all, to hunt those that pk and punish them.

Now, there are no incentives to pk, so it won't exist at all. At least until Valencia and the bandit town are added.

Bounty system will be in prior to Valencia, they are still working on reworking karma.

Tbh, Tera has a pretty good OWPvP system and every single time I ganked lowbies, a few players in uber gear came after me and demolished me. People love being white knights, so ganking wouldn't happen as much as many people fear. And it's incredibly fun to both hunt gankers and be hunted.

Tera has safe zones every 2 meters.

Posted

I think the game needs something to incentivate the PK
because there is no reason to kill someone with all the punishments :c
maybe something cool to add:

-PK can steal something of the victim
-gain more exp than kill a mob
-gain gold

that would be great, because we can see red players to kill it and will be fun :D

Posted

Bounty system will be in prior to Valencia, they are still working on reworking karma.

Yes, I know.

Hopefully that's why we had a CBT :D 

Posted

All games are always ruled by the far more experienced.

that is why so many games die fast. 

This game is intended for more casual-style, indicating no pros will stand above normal casual players.

Posted

that is why so many games die fast. 

This game is intended for more casual-style, indicating no pros will stand above normal casual players.

... No matter what you do, pros will always stand above casuals.  Skill wise, gear wise, etc.  This happens in every game.

1 person likes this

Posted

The people who cry Q_:Q  moar about  pvp are  only carebears nothing else,

Cause i an  old UO>l2>Wow player  i dont care if i lost my enchants level (Downgrade) if u know the mechanic of the game u can get fast again to 11>to15 to  16+ really,  But  the people if lazzy as hell and only complains.

Learn the mechanics , be a crafter (pve) and if u want pvp pew pew pk  nothing else

Posted

... No matter what you do, pros will always stand above casuals.  Skill wise, gear wise, etc.  This happens in every game.

As long as pros can't affect the gaming experience of casual players, no "standing above" happens. That is the reason for Karma system.

Posted

* havent played the game past level 30 *
* complains pvp is dead and argue pvp at level 20 would be better *

go back to marvel heroes you idiots.

Posted

It's like RL. For every choice a consequence. If you're just randomly killing lowbies for material to beat off to, then you face the consequences! 

Posted

It's like RL. For every choice a consequence. If you're just randomly killing lowbies for material to beat off to, then you face the consequences! 

Pros can play with pros while casual players can play with themselves.

that is the game claims to be, a balance between us.

Posted

i lost interest in this CBT2... no pvp only grinding, i dont care you unlock pvp at lvl 50... with not even battlegrounds, so you can get a breather from grinding..  a Mmo without a good pvp system is just -----ed carebear mode...  and all you cry babys about waaa im getting ganked !!! l2p, switch instance or get people to grp up to kill the ganker.. its a -----ing MMO you know ??? not a single player grinding mmo..    Tera had a good system..   a BIG player base is lost without a good pvp system and thats just facts..  els you could play singleplayer games..    make a pve server for those carebear noobs who are scared of fighting in OW

Posted

I remember you from Vindictus forums. Hi. c:

Posted

+1.  Bgt problem I think is that the game has changed to a guild pvp focus...and some people still want it to be a gank-fest.

Posted

Just because they have it worse (I was there nobody PKd for any reason) doesn't mean we have it truly better.

people need to not be punished for days on end because they PKd some asshat who was KSing and talking trash.

high karma loss is a restriction of freedom. It lends to the loss of the games original sandbox values.

im not saying pks shouldn't have weight, they should, but the reduction we've had isn't enough and they know it. 

You can't even Pvp till 45 now, so the lowbies are safe, at 45 + Pvp adds to the dangers and freedoms  of the open world. Restrictive karma strangles it right back into stagnation.

Posted

Ganking is love; ganking is life!

Posted

As long as pros can't affect the gaming experience of casual players, no "standing above" happens. That is the reason for Karma system.

Pros can easily lock people out of things in any game.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0