• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let us mix & match costume pieces (no 10% xp set bonus)

140 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On KR you still got your bonuses when mixing and matching because the bonuses are tied to the individual pieces instead of the whole set.

honestly didn't check on CBT2 to see if that was the case but I'd imagine it was.

edit (this has since been confirmed to not be true here)

Edited by Arvalo
4 people like this

Posted

On KR you still got your bonuses when mixing and matching because the bonuses are tied to the individual pieces instead of the whole set.

honestly didn't check on CBT2 to see if that was the case but I'd imagine it was.

Tested it, you lose the bonus once you mix and match.

Should be the same on KR, though. Unless they changed it very recently.

Posted

Well with the Vindictus sets you were still able to get the full set bonus. If you bought multiple 32 dollar version costumes sets you could mix and match the pieces and still retain the full set bonus. So I agree with number 2. 

2 people like this

Posted

Well with the Vindictus sets you were still able to get the full set bonus. If you bought multiple 32 dollar version costumes sets you could mix and match the pieces and still retain the full set bonus. So I agree with number 2. 

Yea. That would be my first suggestion.

We even have the former Vindictus EU community (project?) manager here, so he would actually know what to do.

Posted

Necro'ing this thread, its important and still makes the game the same amount of profit, no reason not to implement.

CM's please take this suggestion to the devs.

Posted (edited)

I approve of this thread. It's riddiculous.I would love to spend some pearls but this is the main reason I'm holding back. I just want different shoes & helmet to go with my set....

Edit: And thank you, unfortunate souls, for testing this for me, I was just about to hit that checkout button...

Edited by Blace
2 people like this

Posted

Seriously, you could significantly increase your revenue if you would find a way to avoid using the +10% XP bonus as a costume set bonus (other bonuses like the camouflage bonus etc. are fine).

Suggestions:

1. Do it like Vindictus (@PM_Belsazar will know what I am talking about): Costumes have a set bonus, but you can wear 5 pieces from 5 different costumes to still receive the full set bonus. To avoid people buying just single pieces (if that's your reasoning behind the current system), you can also use another evil Vindictus trick: Sell stats an non stats versions of the costumes, but for the stats version can only be bought as a full set (even if you will just use one piece).

Special bonuses (like hiding your name with the camouflage set) could still be exclusive and could come on top to certain sets. But the elephant in the room is the +10% XP.

2. Give everyone who has ever bought a full costume set a permanent +10% XP buff - problem solved

3. Add another layer of costume slots. Costumes for the costumes, yay. So you have one layer of stats gear. A second layer of stats costumes. A third layer of cosmetic costumes. And be a walking layer cake.

4. I am sure the combined power of this community's brains can come up with more ideas.

PS: I don't care about prices. I would pay hundreds of bucks for a costume set, if I could mix and match.

But pricing is NOT the topic here. You have 800 other threads for that.

the price needs to be lowered.

2 people like this

Posted

Seriously? Please go make another 50 threads about this while we -try- to make valid points on another (important) subject..

Posted

bump i suppose 

Posted

Bump.

This would be an important feature for many, all we can ask is for a CM to mention it to the devs as something the playerbase would be interested in. Maybe it's a technical challenge with the way the set bonuses are implemented?

Posted

So, I know someone said they tested it and that it was "tied to the whole set," but was that in reference to the 10% XP buff (which does require a whole set) or was that also the individual pieces which, as far as I could tell when reading them, were unique to each set and were not tied to that specific set but just the costume part?

I.E. if the... let's say the default ranger "Character Creator" outfit's torso gave you +10% movement speed, the "Assassin-style" outfit's boots gave you +10% movement speed, and the "Desert Nomad-ish" outfit's gloves and boots gave you -10% death penalty and +10% attack power respectively, would someone be able to mix and match that stuff and still get those individual bonuses?  The way it's worded on the item descriptions last night when I read them, it sounded like that would be the case.

Posted

I would also love to mix and match costume stuff. So bump.

Posted

Posted

+1

Posted

honestly, with the store being so empty and 

with the "HIDE COSTUME" button NOT WORKING ,

i think we need at least this feature because theres so little possibilities as to how your character to look.. its actually kinda sad, even if you *want* to buy what little there is in the store, you can't because no mix-match and because hide costume button doesnt work for other people which is very stupid and you're stuck looking the absolute same way

Posted

hide costume button doesnt work for other people which is very stupid and you're stuck looking the absolute same way

Just to make sure I understand, if I click to hide all or part of a costume skin that everyone else still sees it? If so, is that also true of helmets? What about the toggle of a visor?

Posted

Just to make sure I understand, if I click to hide all or part of a costume skin that everyone else still sees it? If so, is that also true of helmets? What about the toggle of a visor?

I tested this with a friend. There was a few minute delay but I DID eventually see the change he made, so yes others can see your setting but it seems to take a while to show up.

1 person likes this

Posted

I tested this with a friend. There was a few minute delay but I DID eventually see the change he made, so yes others can see your setting but it seems to take a while to show up.

Perfect! glad to hear this^^

Hats and everything too?

Posted

+1

I would definitely buy more costumes if I could mix and match. Right now I'm limiting myself to a max of 1 costume set.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just remove the 10% xp buff from full costume sets and we are done...

(Just to be very clear on what I said above... I purchased the Conqueror pack so I do own a full set that gives 10% exp but I don't mind if they remove it)

Edited by Xandour
3 people like this

Posted

I mix and match.  Shadad helm, sword, shield, karlsrein chest, bern gloves/boots, cape tucked in, helm display off...  Yeah, I look baller I think, I thought I had the exp bonus cuz i figured "set" as in "all costume parts equipped" not as in a specific set in full, dont care either way, I look dope *shrug*

1 person likes this

Posted

Perfect! glad to hear this^^

Hats and everything too?

Yep. Tried hat on vs hat off and tried visor up vs visor down. Heavy delay but eventually I could see the visor difference. Hat on vs hat off was instantly visible.

1 person likes this

Posted

A couple of things are hindering possible sales.

1) bonuses on sets and not slots

2) class restrictions on outfits

2 people like this

Posted

As an owner of 4 outfits, I demand that we get the option to mix and match without being penalised.

4 people like this